Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said "You win some, you lose some, fact is they've had a shitload more wins than us", how can we lose if we didn't chase them, hence my response? They also chased Merrett who would have been a big get and more a need then Dawson but lose and I would argue Ryder wasn't a need as this set back Lobbe who had a breakout season and they just re-signed on a big contract, Rockliff wasn't a need as they already had a lot of inside midfielders and Fantasia wasn't a need as they already had Rozee who had a very poor season and Lycett wasn't a need as they had Ryder coming back that season.
The 'You win some, you lose some' was about how their recruits have turned out, not about Port v Crows fighting over the same player, and I already said not to talk about the individuals, the facts are Port are better at the whole recruitment process than us, I'm not sure how anyone could argue differently.

Do I even need to respond back about Ryder when you mention Matt Lobbe? They picked up Rockliff when Boak looked to be on the decline and was stuck on a HFF, unfortunately for him Boak turned back the clock and made it difficult for him to fit in. Fantasia may not have been a desperate need but he's been a pretty good pick up, hindsight me wishes we went harder for him. They recruited Ryder to be a resting ruck up forward, so it makes sense they recruited Lycett so he could move back into that role and it's lucky they did because they wouldn't be as good with Ladhams/Hayes as their first ruck.

You can give them some credit, it's not gonna kill you, anyways that's enough defending them before tonight's game, Go the Doggies!

Well if AFC's offer doesn't measure up, then would you say that we didn't actually put a decent offer to him?
I'm sure AFC will offer more money than any other team, so that won't be an issue.

It's going to be a question of whether he would prefer to go to a contending team on less money or a rebuilding team on more money.

Far too high

Someone has to get that money, and overpaying one person (and really, that's not overpaying 2020 ROB) is a much easier scenario to manage then overpaying 5-10 players.

The 'You win some, you lose some' was about how their recruits have turned out, not about Port v Crows fighting over the same player, and I already said not to talk about the individuals, the facts are Port are better at the whole recruitment process than us, I'm not sure how anyone could argue differently.

Do I even need to respond back about Ryder when you mention Matt Lobbe? They picked up Rockliff when Boak looked to be on the decline and was stuck on a HFF, unfortunately for him Boak turned back the clock and made it difficult for him to fit in. Fantasia may not have been a desperate need but he's been a pretty good pick up, hindsight me wishes we went harder for him. They recruited Ryder to be a resting ruck up forward, so it makes sense they recruited Lycett so he could move back into that role and it's lucky they did because they wouldn't be as good with Ladhams/Hayes as their first ruck.

You can give them some credit, it's not gonna kill you, anyways that's enough defending them before tonight's game, Go the Doggies!
*Boggies

Well if AFC's offer doesn't measure up, then would you say that we didn't actually put a decent offer to him?
Nope.. it would just mean that he choses to play for a current finals contender and/or that same finals contender has put in an offer of massive overs that we just think wouldnt be worth matching..

Nope.. it would just mean that he choses to play for a current finals contender and/or that same finals contender has put in an offer of massive overs that we just think wouldnt be worth matching..
And wouldn’t that be grounds for supporters to be pissed that our clubs previous incompetence, noting Roo still remains, has cost us a decent recruit?

If I had to guess right now, I'd say Dawson's Port bound. I know things can change, but it makes too much sense for him to go to a team with a decent amount of cap room + current finals success

It's a real downer, he's a guy that'd suit our needs perfectly but is kinda similar to a lot of what Port already has

no. They have to hand over all their social media accounts, their phones, and sign affidavits that they won’t speak to their agents until the trade period

there are severe sanctions for anyone who indicates any preferences whatsoever, not even whether they want cheese on their whopper without official signed AFL permission
"Cheese on their whopper" I would thought you would have stuck with Original or Spicy

Stall Lobbe's development and cost them a 1st rounder then had to trade Lobbe to the Bulldogs for peanuts while paying most of his salary, Boak looked over because Hinkley played him forward, Ryder could never play forward and has shown this all his career at Essendon. Like I said, they don't trade for need, they just pickup the players that want to come to them. As for Fantasia, give me Rozee's 2019 form anyday.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, they don't trade for need, they just pickup the players that want to come to them.
Okay you don't think they trade for needs, that's fine, but they still target these players and convince them to come to the club, something we struggle to do, even when we were better onfield than them, they were still better at it, that's the main issue here

Okay you don't think they trade for needs, that's fine, but they still target these players and convince them to come to the club, something we struggle to do, even when we were better onfield than them, they were still better at it, that's the main issue here
Merrett would have been the only impressive get as he is already an elite midfielder and a massive need for them given Boak and Gray are toward the end of their career. Polec to a lesser extent, he had potential to be an A grader. You seem to be forgetting Thompson, and in recent time Betts and Jacobs with all 3 of them developing into A grade players since joining us.

Caro has her critics but she generally doesn't run with something unless she has info she can check and trust

Burgess, hopefully true
Balme, true
Mitchell and Clarko, true
Carlton Politics, true

If Caro comes out and says Dawson to Port, at that sage I'll start to listen to the media

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Burgess is definitely true. With us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back