Port Adelaide's worst ever preformance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, 1905 SAFA Grand Final

Kicked 1.6 - To this day, it holds the record for lowest score in a a SAFA/SANFL Grand Final

I was absolutely gobsmacked, I couldn't believe it. I thought Port were a certainty. But I guess you can't beat the Bulldogs when they make a prelim from outside the top 4. Good luck Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game where north came off kicking 1 goal against Geelong, then came out and blasted us by 90 odd and Ben brown kicked 10. A win would have put us in the finals. One player literally kicked 10x more goals than the entire team did a week before. That game deserves a mention .

How about the Showdown in 2005. Got hammered that night.
Oh yeah that was bad, but we were never really expected to win that. We'd just scraped into finals and weren't genuine contenders whereas Craig had your mob up as probably the best team of the 05/06 years despite no flags. The hype was big and the loss was embarassing and obviously a larger margin than it should have been, but the result had been foretold.

2007 was similar. We'd shot our load just trying to get into the GF (seriously look at our list that year - bunch of spuds) against a dynasty. Choco took us into the GF but we were coming up against arguably one of the GOATest teams of all time ready to break their drought. He could and should have flooded to stem the margin but hey, it's still giving some people laughs 15 years on so maybe there's merit in a shellacking.

Last night though... we were favourites. Like heck. What absolutely shithouse putrid sperm we produced. No intensity. No heart. No try. Riley ******* Bonner was our BOG ffs. An indictment on the whole club, playing group and coaches. Worst game I've ever witnessed, and I've seen us lose by 100+ in consecutive games.

As a performance, last night was worse than 2007. We were in the game there for about half a quarter.

Last night, within 5 minutes the game was over.

In 2007 we played one of the best sides of the last 30 years, and we weren't really that good. Last night we had a home ground advantage, week off, full list and no covid crap to deal with. Against a team doing it the hard way with injury concerns and distractions.

I felt like 2007 was more of a shock honestly. Bulldogs anywhere near their best SHOULD whip the Power, on their home deck or anywhere. If you thought Port were a certainty last night you are just an utter moron.

In 2007 Geelong still had the hoodoo, Port had that recent win against them, we hadn't seen a GF blowout in a while, and they similarly whipped the Kangaroos. Underdogs, but not to that 119 tune.

I feel like some of those Primus-era losses to Gold Coast and Giants were probably worse. Wasn't Port the first non-newbie scalp for both clubs? They'd been good-ish at times in 2009-10 and then just bottomed out. They also got an almighty belting in the last round of 2011 I think (by Hawthorn?)

I felt like 2007 was more of a shock honestly. Bulldogs anywhere near their best SHOULD whip the Power, on their home deck or anywhere. If you thought Port were a certainty last night you are just an utter moron.

In 2007 Geelong still had the hoodoo, Port had that recent win against them, we hadn't seen a GF blowout in a while, and they similarly whipped the Kangaroos. Underdogs, but not to that 119 tune.

I feel like some of those Primus-era losses to Gold Coast and Giants were probably worse. Wasn't Port the first non-newbie scalp for both clubs? They'd been good-ish at times in 2009-10 and then just bottomed out. They also got an almighty belting in the last round of 2011 I think (by Hawthorn?)

You would have loaded up big on the dogs then knowing last night was a dead certainty? After all we were heavy favourites with all the betting agencies.

Oh yeah that was bad, but we were never really expected to win that. We'd just scraped into finals and weren't genuine contenders whereas Craig had your mob up as probably the best team of the 05/06 years despite no flags. The hype was big and the loss was embarassing and obviously a larger margin than it should have been, but the result had been foretold.

2007 was similar. We'd shot our load just trying to get into the GF (seriously look at our list that year - bunch of spuds) against a dynasty. Choco took us into the GF but we were coming up against arguably one of the GOATest teams of all time ready to break their drought. He could and should have flooded to stem the margin but hey, it's still giving some people laughs 15 years on so maybe there's merit in a shellacking.

Last night though... we were favourites. Like fu**. What absolutely shithouse putrid sperm we produced. No intensity. No heart. No try. Riley ******* Bonner was our BOG ffs. An indictment on the whole club, playing group and coaches. Worst game I've ever witnessed, and I've seen us lose by 100+ in consecutive games.
I was surprised. Sides get jumped - it happens- but Port gave nothing at all. I can't believe dogs are a 10 goal better side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back