Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question
If we have gone from a 13 game season to a 14 game season the cap hit of $90m would equate to $6.923m per game.

Therefore a 14 game season would see the cap set at $96.923m (14 × $6.923m)

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If we have gone from a 13 game season to a 14 game season the cap hit of $90m would equate to $6.923m per game.

Therefore a 14 game season would see the cap set at $96.923m (14 × $6.923m)

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Good feedback.

For the record, we used to have 14 game regular season schedules and 90m cap, but then changed down to 13 regular season games the last 2 or 3 years due to the Crown Bowl being played on week 17. Now that we have 18 NFL weeks, we can go back to 14 regular. But does the cap NEED to go up?

Personally, I'd like it, I'm about maxed out, but that's my own fault with 32m dead money. But looking across the league, many MFL franchises are suffering too and they haven't been throwing money around whatsoever on weekly waivers.

So what happens as the season goes along? Teams forced to cut players they want, purely to free up some cap just to be able to sign players on waivers to be able to submit lineups....especially as more and more injuries occur....IR of 9 will get filled up quickly.

I'm in two minds on this whole topic. Would agree a cap of 95m is not bad. Allow teams to be able to keep an expensive franchise player, instead of having to trade them to clear cap. But more importantly, allow teams to be able to continue to make waiver adds thru the long season of injuries.

On the flipside of that tho....people can always get tougher and release fringe players to clear cap. That toughness makes it challenging, rather than everyone finding it easy, feeling no cap squeeze.

Yeah it would kick in in 2022 obviously

I'm not too bothered if it doesn't change because the season was 14 games originally, I just wanted to start my list planning if the salary cap does/doesn't increase

Anyone in need of a DE fancy Cam Heyward, lazy 24 and 14 points in his first two games this year.

Ill need to get Franklin-Meyers on the field moving forward, too much DE depth so might as well trade one :(

To say its been a slow start for this years rookie class would be a massive understatement, two place kickers and a punter in the top 32 after week 2

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 9.15.50 am.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notice some are still FAs waiting to be waiver claimed ;)

Two CBs, all yours ...

Interesting to me (and possibly annoying) Michael Carter of the Jets that I have is named as a safety on MFL, he is their starting nickel corner IRL however, probably costing him some points given CBs get more points for tackles than safeties.

Two CBs, all yours ...

Interesting to me (and possibly annoying) Michael Carter of the Jets that I have is named as a safety on MFL, he is their starting nickel corner IRL however, probably costing him some points given CBs get more points for tackles than safeties.
Youll have to wait till MFL decides to change his position, which they do often or eventually

Its also clear why GG changed his name to Exe in MFL because Lennys Greenville Gorillas uses GG....otherwise itd seem like i made a bunch of wise draft selections there :p

yea, when looking at the scores I sometimes think youre Lenny seeing GG

Picked a good year to trade out some high picks for established players by looks

You've been a draft wizard your first two years in this league, very shrewd.

You've been a draft wizard your first two years in this league, very shrewd.
don't use pick 15-20 on a rookie offensive player taken in the 5th round of the NFL draft when I can trade that pick for a proven offensive player and get back some change (late draft pick) to use on a IDP who was drafted in the top 50 of the NFL draft

I'm always happy to trade picks and move down

Just looking at this week's results and a few things stand out

1) Massive week by TGBB
2) Apparently if I picked the perfect line-up this week I could have scored 300 points (and that wouldn't even be the record score)
3) I'm not sure which efficiency rating is more impressive
1632197772705.png

(Also its ridiculous that MFL doesn't change the size of the arrows to indicate which players would be substituted in an ideal line-up so that the rows actually line up 😂)

Zeke and Kittle trades have helped propel us to a 3-0 start

Flicking those couple of first rounders for those players was a master stroke

Im happy with Waddle and Rondale Moore. Win win for both teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back