Fantasy 2023 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I said to my mate i need a 15pt lead minimum... not confident with where its at r8ght now.

A Stick TD would be nice...
You've got a 15 point lead right now. Should be enough with time still remaining for Stick to add a bit more vs soft defense. BGT needs Kendricks to make an impact play.

You've got a 15 point lead right now. Should be enough with time still remaining for Stick to add a bit more vs soft defense. BGT needs Kendricks to make an impact play.

I'd feel comfortable with a 30pt lead,l, anything less is gettable...

I'd feel comfortable with a 30pt lead,l, anything less is gettable...
I feel I should try and level it up after your early/dirty "im going to lose this" post..... youre home fuey, dont worry about it. :p

Yes, well done fuey . Best team all year and deserved the title. (btw, youre VERY LUCKY you didnt face the REAL best team this week ...ME...you would have lost in heartbreaking fashion....SO LUCKY)

Great year also BGT. Valiant effort in the final. Another very fun year of empire for all. We are all winners to be able to play in this lovely league at the end of the day arent we?

Great year also BGT. Valiant effort in the final. Another very fun year of empire for all. We are all winners to be able to play in this lovely league at the end of the day arent we?
Sounds like you are still recovering from last night 🤪

Congrats fuey well deserved win. Happy my guys got a few playoff wins and was able to make for a close final.

Cheers mate, unlucky in that you put up a score that would win most games in most weeks, just not this one today! Great season overall!

Thanks GG.exe for your effort in running the comp, and thanks A11dAtP0w3R for putting my name forward last season. Thanks Blacky for the building blocks of the team also!

Cheers mate, unlucky in that you put up a score that would win most games in most weeks, just not this one today! Great season overall!

Thanks GG.exe for your effort in running the comp, and thanks A11dAtP0w3R for putting my name forward last season. Thanks Blacky for the building blocks of the team also!
It was all you fuey. Drafting LaPorta and trading for Ed Oliver the winning moves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fuey and bgt2110

PM me your payID info and/or your BSB/ACCT details.

Prize breakdown....

Fuey $250 (champ + top allplay)
Bgt2110 $100

On a side note....would people like to increase the prize money in future years? Instead of 200-100-50, making it more high stakes like 500-250-100 and such? Or is everyone happy the way it is?

Would be happy to start an Empire 2.0 with the same rules for increased prize money however if people want to do that. Startup draft in this format would be fun.

Empire Lite....

An auction-only "redraft" league?

Same scoring rules, same player positions, but no startup draft ...just preseason auction to acquire players, and year round auction instead of waivers.

The cap element would be players salaries would be based on auction prices. No contracts.

Or all the above, except its not redraft, a rookie only draft for year 2 and beyond, and there are contracts

Empire Lite....

An auction-only "redraft" league?

Same scoring rules, same player positions, but no startup draft ...just preseason auction to acquire players, and year round auction instead of waivers.

The cap element would be players salaries would be based on auction prices. No contracts.

Or all the above, except its not redraft, a rookie only draft for year 2 and beyond, and there are contracts
Jeezus H Kristoseros Rhinoceros, can't we just let fuey celebrate his win for one day (and then have a day to recover from his 40 pack chicken mcnuggy binge celebration) before we start bambooziling people with multiple options about some potential new league?? Just two days please??

Fantasy Festivus of fuey ??

When Butker kicked his upteenth field goal I was really tempted to throw my drink all over fuey’s fans below but then I remembered he didn’t have any 😜

Would be happy to start an Empire 2.0 with the same rules for increased prize money however if people want to do that. Startup draft in this format would be fun.
I'm on the verge of a mini rebuild so I wouldn't be against this

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

When Butker kicked his upteenth field goal I was really tempted to throw my drink all over fuey’s fans below but then I remembered he didn’t have any 😜

Knowing what Foo drinks, you could have thrown bathwater on the neighbourhood alley cat (or Hawks fan), they are close enough to fuey fans.
Or just think of him next time you are tempted to buy McNuggets and just go the filet o feeeeeesh instead.

I'm on the verge of a mini rebuild so I wouldn't be against this

This is my worry, could result in folks dropping out to join the new comp instead of staying in for a long haul rebuild. Not saying you will do that 00Stinger but more that it is a risk.

This is my worry, could result in folks dropping out to join the new comp instead of staying in for a long haul rebuild. Not saying you will do that 00Stinger but more that it is a risk.
Yeah dont want that happening

I kinda like the idea of doing a bit of a mini rebuild anyway

Yeah dont want that happening

I kinda like the idea of doing a bit of a mini rebuild anyway
Go the full strip down like I did. Absolute no pressure on you other than to suck. I quite enjoyed it.

Go the full strip down like I did. Absolute no pressure on you other than to suck. I quite enjoyed it.
I've still got some good pieces to build around though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back