Fantasy 2023 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really fair. Last season your three QBs and 6 of your RWTs and half your IDPs didnt have the same bye weeks. But then the next year they all have byes on the same week. It's a dynasty. That's your long-term roster. You can't cut star players the following season when you see many have the same bye week.
No I’ve never worried about how many players are on a bye..some times it favours you sometimes it doesn’t ..that’s fantasy football. But we have 42 man squads …that should be enough.

link to new Syndicate League site...

link to BigFooty thread...

Work out your bye weeks and plan the squad around that if you have to or just bad luck like other seasons. …this isn’t Cutthroat. We have squads of 42 including rookies. Issue came about with covid a couple seasons back ..that’s no longer an issue in NFL
Nah tbf the taxi squad got changed because of me

I was potentially going to have a round where I had no one to fill in 2 not k/p positions.

Happy to change it though as it was only because of the late change in not allowing us to start players on byes.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Nah tbf the taxi squad got changed because of me

I was potentially going to have a round where I had no one to fill in 2 not k/p positions.

Happy to change it though as it was only because of the late change in not allowing us to start players on byes.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
No it was all me, supposedly I tanked one year and so everything had to change so commish could swap players (even non rookies) onto taxi and make sure every team had 16 players playing each week.

(FWIW, I didn't "tank", - I submitted one lineup early ahead of injury reports etc, as I often do, intending to make changes and resubmit as gameday rosters finalised. But then I had a personal family issue come up at the last minute and missed the submit lineup deadline, and then lost internet, mobile and phone, so lost ability to let GG know. But supposedly my not making a full lineup with K and PK and all other positions playing was a big let down)....

The comp functioned much better because of it. Everyone starting a full lineup each week. Easy for GG to add a player off waivers if someone didn't have any available options on their roster.

Well as long as the two kings are happy pappies, I shall just meander along.
In my defensively enhanced vehicle...

episode 19 army GIF

No the bye week taxi was done instead of changing from 36 to 38 roster to accommodate an extra k/p.

I personally think what we chose is great. Theres no advantage, gaming it, etc.
Nah it changes the comp …craps on the FA pool …all for the sake of covering insignificant kicker/punter positions. Can’t MFL accomodate not pickling a kicking?

Ha! On a side note I was a big fan of table soccer type games when I was a kid in 70s but that looks like the best one of the lot!
From the film you just know Mumsie (or Granny, hard to tell) is reaching under the table dragging down the sticks that Dadsie and his oldest son are using, just to give the younger kiddos a chance. Her grinning and geeing on the younger kids while executing an under the table "squirrel grip" on the magnet sticks is just a thing of beauty, resulting in much fun for everyone...

Of course every one of you always dons the three piece suit before daring to make a lineup change, trade or draft move, right??

We all know the rookie fuey had a two piece suit stained with old Macca's chicken nugget chilli sauce, but he got a temporary pass as a rookie which ended with his victory in the GF. The rest of us have all been donning the three piece penguin suit before every weekly effort, correct??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In setting up the Syndicate League I've fallen in love with how a few things I'm doing there, that could be replicated here in Empire, are better (and easier for me as commish) to do than what I do in Empire.

I wonder if you knuckleheads will allow me to use those ideas here or not?

Probably best keeping those things seperate. The natives are already restless. Empire could go under.

Im intrigued enough to ask what is it anyway. So what is it?
In empire....
We choose who to re-sign, tag, release before the RFA auction begins. Those we release go into an RFA auction. But all players salaries are set by previous years fantasy points. When we do auction, they have a salary and we bid cap dollars to win them. Opening bid on all auction players is 50k. So the ordeal for me....every time a player is won in auction MFL resets their salary to the winning bid amount. I have to manually change their salaries back to what it was before, and manually add the winning bid as a cap charge.

In Syndicate...
In year two, when people elect who to re-sign tag, release....if you resign/tag someone off contract theyll get a salary based on previous years fantasy points. But if you choose to release them into the auction pool, their salary will reset to 1m....because opening bid on all auction vets will be 1m, and whatever the winning bid is BECOMES that players salary for the term of his new 3 yr contract. There are bo manual cap charges to add, because MFL automatically makes his auction cost his salary.

Using that method in Empire would make a lot sense, more intuitive, frees me up from the ordeal of manual chores, and also theres a cool management decision to make every re-signing period --- re-sign a player based on his previous years fantasy points and retain him for 3 yrs....or....take a punt, release him to auction, and potentially try to win them back cheaper or could end up more expensive

In empire....
We choose who to re-sign, tag, release before the RFA auction begins. Those we release go into an RFA auction. But all players salaries are set by previous years fantasy points. When we do auction, they have a salary and we bid cap dollars to win them. Opening bid on all auction players is 50k. So the ordeal for me....every time a player is won in auction MFL resets their salary to the winning bid amount. I have to manually change their salaries back to what it was before, and manually add the winning bid as a cap charge.

In Syndicate...
In year two, when people elect who to re-sign tag, release....if you resign/tag someone off contract theyll get a salary based on previous years fantasy points. But if you choose to release them into the auction pool, their salary will reset to 1m....because opening bid on all auction vets will be 1m, and whatever the winning bid is BECOMES that players salary for the term of his new 3 yr contract. There are bo manual cap charges to add, because MFL automatically makes his auction cost his salary.

Using that method in Empire would make a lot sense, more intuitive, frees me up from the ordeal of manual chores, and also theres a cool management decision to make every re-signing period --- re-sign a player based on his previous years fantasy points and retain him for 3 yrs....or....take a punt, release him to auction, and potentially try to win them back cheaper or could end up more expensive

I like it the idea of it, but to me it seems like something that should be made a rule at the beginning of a league, not introduced into a comp years in given we all have players signed to different contract lengths on our roster using the current method.

I like it the idea of it, but to me it seems like something that should be made a rule at the beginning of a league, not introduced into a comp years in given we all have players signed to different contract lengths on our roster using the current method.
I did ask MFL again recently to create an option for auctions ...winning bid equals salary....or existing salary remains and winning bid is a cap charge.

If they implemented that simple option, i could do one for one league and the other for the other league and no manual ordeals

Would have been a nice week to have Dak and Fergy in my lineup. Dak 32.43 points, Ferguson 41.74. Talk about empty calories and feasting in junktime.

Would have been a nice week to have Dak and Fergy in my lineup. Dak 32.43 points, Ferguson 41.74. Talk about empty calories and feasting in junktime.
hahaha did Dak really put up that score?

hahaha did Dak really put up that score?
Yeah , he played better than Love and every other QB so far this weekend if youre going off fantasy points , fantasy football hey, stupid game we play :sweatsmile: Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 6.43.35 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back