List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Darcy Mac, we're going to be pretty tight for spots.

I'd like us to take at least 4 in the ND, 1 in the rookie draft and keep 1 spot open for the mid season draft.

I’ve 100% lost count of spots and available spots!

what’d the actual status - do you know? Rules change every 5 minutes and I can’t keep up

I’ve 100% lost count of spots and available spots!

what’d the actual status - do you know? Rules change every 5 minutes and I can’t keep up
Top of my head, I think if we cut 8 players, we can bring in 7 because Charlie Ham is an "extra" we added because of Perez's LTI. I'm probably wrong and GR should know.

Top of my head, I think if we cut 8 players, we can bring in 7 because Charlie Ham is an "extra" we added because of Perez's LTI. I'm probably wrong and GR should know.
Correct
plus we’d probably want to keep a list spot open for MSD since we’ve now got rid of most injury prone players might not have an LTI mid year

If we get Darcy Mac, we're going to be pretty tight for spots.

I'd like us to take at least 4 in the ND, 1 in the rookie draft and keep 1 spot open for the mid season draft.
McPherson is lucky to have made an afl list too small can’t play going nowhere .I don’t know what happened to Brody saw him as a junior absolute star If we get anyone from Gold Coast should be him.

McPherson is lucky to have made an afl list too small can’t play going nowhere .I don’t know what happened to Brody saw him as a junior absolute star If we get anyone from Gold Coast should be him.
Not unless GC are strapping pick 19 to him for a future 3rd.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Forgive my complete trade illiteracy, but ive seen it suggested elsewhere that what we may be trying to do with gold coast, get 19 in for a salary dump and future pick, is not something that the afl would allow to happen.

They sighted a "similar" attempted deal between freo and collingwood involving chris mayne that the afl put a stop to, carlton and port adelaide with the lobb trade as well.

Is this legit something the AFL might step in to stop or am I just reading salty fans bs?
Short answer is nobody knows. The league did let GC trade their future #11 priority pick for a 2nd rounder to Geelong, which was pretty wasteful and one-sided.

Personally, I suspect part of the reason the AFL gave them the priority pick bounty they did was so that they had more capacity to overpay in trades for what they really needed. They can justify a salary dump like this on the basis of player retention more than any other club bat this point.

Nobody knows what Ham's training has been like or his work ethic.
I know lots on here have been saying he hasn't been given a chance but maybe he just didn't impress.
I don't think he's had any interviews or media since being drafted either.
See what happens I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hard to tell isn't it.

The club seems to creating and exploring options out of the box!! CCJ, Lynch thing, this Gold Coast player/pick swap - hard to know how many spots we will need if these thing come off and more opportunities too good to pass pop up. Talk of Polec speaking with Tigers, Us looking to trade in pick 4 or 3

So many moving parts.
First I'm hearing of this. And I like it.

First I'm hearing of this. And I like it.
Yeah same here. Wouldn’t think he’s the type of player they’d go for though seeing Leppitsch talked about them crossing off Lochie O’Brien before the draft because he wasn’t the type of ‘Richmond player’. Also the only downside would be if he actually did turn it on, win them a flag and we paid him to do so, the media would run riot.

I've lost count of list spots as well, so I thought I'd figure it out.

Last year we ended the season with 37 on the senior list and 4 on the rookie list. This was one short of the 42 combined that we were allowed. At the midseason draft last year we added Ham and Edwards to the rookie list. Final tally at the end of the season was 37 on the senior list and 6 on the rookie list.

At the moment we've already lost:
Garner
W. Walker (Rookie)
Tyson
Menadue (Rookie)
Tarrant

This takes us down to 34 on the senior list and 4 on the rookie list. With current list sizes, you're allowed 42 players and 2 Cat B rookies. The 42 is split between the senior list and the rookie list, with 36-38 allowed on the senior list with the balance to go onto the rookie list. I can't see any reason why we wouldn't go for a 38-4 split this year.

Out of contract are:
Atley
Campbell (Rookie)
Ham (Rookie)
Dumont

Lets take them out of the equation for now, which means we have 32 on the senior list and 2 on the rookie list. This currently gives us six spots free on the senior list and two on the rookie list. We'd also have the second Cat B rookie spot, with McGuinness stil occupying the first spot.

Last edited:

Last year we ended the season with 37 on the senior list and 4 on the rookie list. This was one short of the 42 combined that we were allowed. At the midseason draft last year we added Ham and Edwards to the rookie list. Final tally at the end of the season was 37 on the senior list and 6 on the rookie list.

Garner
W. Walker (Rookie)
Tyson
Menadue (Rookie)
Tarrant

This takes us down to 34 on the senior list and 4 on the rookie list. With current list sizes, you're allowed 42 players and 2 Cat B rookies. The 42 is split between the senior list and the rookie list, with 36-38 allowed on the senior list with the balance to go onto the rookie list. I can't see any reason why we wouldn't go for a 38-4 split this year.

Out of contract are:
Atley
Campbell (Rookie)
Ham (Rookie)
Dumont

Lets take them out of the equation for now, which means we have 32 on the senior list and 2 on the rookie list. This currently gives us six spots free on the senior list and two on the rookie list. We'd also have the second Cat B rookie spot, with McGuinness stil occupying the first spot.
Sounds like we still have some options then.

Without him there will be a lot of leeks in our backline 😜
8eNITcyTYF8PdD6rkgEdNLOUurcKOotM31FdDgykwlAurmDUXSnbw2SSYy-K9ultUWGjnUZrWqqST8Tf6l7uACZqQSW49KQMrGDSxtW3JM_f7c2eeDggACSGFZIt50L8WIQ9M8PcUkB2Tb6otw

Garner
W. Walker (Rookie)
Tyson
Menadue (Rookie)
Tarrant

Out of contract are:
Atley
Campbell (Rookie)
Ham (Rookie)
Dumont

OK awesome!! thanks!!

So if we add CCJ and Lynch(rookie) - its 33 + 3 with 5 & 1 free to fill on a 38 +4 split. McPherson would be 4 &1

Something doesn't add up and it hasn't since the leadership group announcements where he looked really flat.
Before the hub he was doing social media about exercise, interviewing blokes and quite visible etc. Afterward he wasn't.

I hate how for example with the CCJ deal or this proposed MacPherson deal, I feel like we’re gonna get screwed or it’s not going to happen. For so long I’ve been used to us not getting nice things that I’m genuinely shocked at how well the club is being run at times. I’ve still got a until it happens I can’t be sure attitude, I wonder if that’s a me thing, a north supporter thing or just something every fanbase goes through
We're gonna take Ben Hobbs at pick one aren't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back