25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter Clark for Jaeger ? ;)

Just on Xerri. Everyone is assuming that he will cost us, but maybe he will not?
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2022

So who knows, with North looking to bring in C-J and with Goldstein, Campbell and Edwards already onboad, Xerri could be a salary dump and could join us with an exchange of picks in our favour. North may see him as not required, and instead of paying out his contract we take him off their hands.

With any luck this could even possibly gain some more points for our NGA. ie swapping 40 and Xerri for 49 and we take his contract.

He might very well be a very good player , at 22 most tall's don't get there act together till later.
Picking him up spells the end for P.Hunter at the Saints.
Hopefully he has been getting trained up by Goldy.
I don't know anything about Xerri, never seen him play, but when a 21 year old ruckman gets 36 possessions (30 contested), 9 marks and 27 hitouts in a VFL game it certainly peeks my interest.

I guess the worry is that if North are willing to trade him how good is he? But let's not forget we traded a very good ruckman not too long ago - another player that dominated at VFL level.

I'm not concerned at all with his AFL performances this year considering he's clearly a no.1 ruck and would have been playing forward due to Goldstein. If he could develop into a good AFL ruckman then it fits perfectly with Roma.

If we do land him it will be interesting to see what we have to pay. If it's next to nothing then the trade is a no-brainer.

Here’s a little glimpse of our future, Rowan Marshall & Max Heath, with the Xerri on top. 🥴 (I’ll see myself out)

5A470C9B-6366-48E1-AA7D-498DCD92FE4E.jpeg

We would need to throw in Battle & Long & they would need to throw in Ceglar

CsBV6iJ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't work out what we're doing with talls.
What’s the story with North and ruckmen?
Are they breeding them at Arden Street?
Preuss had to leave because of Goldy.
They recruit a replacement and he has to leave because of Goldy.
And the other two that they have recruited in the meantime are still waiting because of Goldy.
It’s like us with HBF (Richo era) and tall forwards (Ratts).
Maybe that’s the cunning plan.
18 clubs, 18 playing positions: each club gets to waste resources on a favoured position that they turn into gold, or brass, every other season?

Assuming we’re not really going to add a lot to our list in terms of trades, season 2022 is going to be make or break for Brett Ratten. He’s been given everything that he has asked for with regards to trading in ready made players, so if we fail to climb back into the top 8 next year, it might be time to say thank you and good luck. Seems like a nice bloke, but middle of the road finishes just don’t cut it.

Trading day on fox they were just describing us as being in no mans land. Saying that we had a crack at a flag with mature picks .. it didn’t work so now we’ve flipped our strategy and want to draft .. we don’t know what way we wanna go etc

They are idiots ... We need to balance our age profile out so absolutely need a strong draft hand ... how is it any different to port 3 in 20 and Essendon 3 in 10... they weren’t rebuilding ffs

For a team in the window, Mitchell would be worth a pick in the teens. Still a very good player.

But no one is crazy enough to pay that for O'meara

He's still a gun though and only 27. The injury history is the only issue. Both would be good if you were in challenge mode and had cash and cap space.

What’s the story with North and ruckmen?
Are they breeding them at Arden Street?
Preuss had to leave because of Goldy.
They recruit a replacement and he has to leave because of Goldy.
And the other two that they have recruited in the meantime are still waiting because of Goldy.
It’s like us with HBF (Richo era) and tall forwards (Ratts).
Maybe that’s the cunning plan.
18 clubs, 18 playing positions: each club gets to waste resources on a favoured position that they turn into gold, or brass, every other season?

I'm surprised that Pruess has never made it as a first picked ruck. He was looking like a star potential ruck early on.

Trading day on fox they were just describing us as being in no mans land. Saying that we had a crack at a flag with mature picks .. it didn’t work so now we’ve flipped our strategy and want to draft .. we don’t know what way we wanna go etc

They are idiots ... We need to balance our age profile out so absolutely need a strong draft hand ... how is it any different to port 3 in 20 and Essendon 3 in 10... they weren’t rebuilding ffs

I seen that, absolutely slaughtered us. But that's just rubbish journalism without looking at the big picture.

He's not "OK" at VFL level though. He absolutely dominated that level this year.

Dominated? He played in a team that ended up with the lowest percentage on the VFL ladder. North VFL team won 4 games out of 10 - Xerri only played in one of those wins - they seemed to do better without him. His stats were impressive in one game against 3rd from the bottom Essendon in a league of 22 teams.

I am hoping that this is not another dud move in the sad history of St Kilda list management. Judge this move by the level of interest shown in him by other clubs.

Not sure what the other option is...

You can't trade in players every year. You have to have years where you got the draft.

Port did exactly the same thing, as did Melbourne after trading in players for a few years.

Dominated? He played in a team that ended up with the lowest percentage on the VFL ladder. North VFL team won 4 games out of 10 - Xerri only played in one of those wins - they seemed to do better without him. His stats were impressive in one game against 3rd from the bottom Essendon in a league of 22 teams.

I am hoping that this is not another dud move in the sad history of St Kilda list management. Judge this move by the level of interest shown in him by other clubs.
Are you suggesting a better ruckmen would have them winning more games?

Think you are asking a lot from one footballer...

Xerri averaged 10 more possessions and 3 more marks a game at VFL level but 6 less hit outs than Jordan Sweet . So Sweets output we similar to Hunters .

One couldn’t get a game behind a legitimate a grade ruck in Goldstein the other couldn’t get a game behind a team who are considered crap in the ruck.

If we need a back up ruck I know which way I would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back