Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to that Machinations of Fate album [mention]utility [/mention] posted. I reckon there are some big name bands (hi Dark Tranquility, The Crown, At the Gates) who wish they were putting out material this good today.

Wombripper - MM. One for the Swedeath fiends.

Just gave it a spin, really enjoyed it. Tight musically, nice leads, like the vox, but that bass tone...it just ****ing SNARLS.

…..well ‘Streets‘ lasted to ‘A Little too Far’. Some of this reminds me of From the Inside oddly enough.

Yeah I was hugely disappointed when it came out, and even the passage of time hasn’t tempered my indifference to it. It’s held (by some) as some masterpiece of modern storytelling - but I just don’t enjoy it. Handful of good songs but it’s just too pretentious for me.

Edit: yeah Alice Cooper From the Inside. I can totally hear that.

826f43e8a64538ca9a888f8df4ca94f4.jpg

One of the best albums I've ever heard, yet also the biggest gaping hole in my collection (I stream it all the time). I've just made up for it. Pre-ordered the Deluxe Vinyl boxset and the CD reissue. Also got the Genesis XIX and Demonised CDs for good measure. I think Onkle Tom will forgive me for the streaming now.

One of the best albums I've ever heard, yet also the biggest gaping hole in my collection (I stream it all the time). I've just made up for it. Pre-ordered the Deluxe Vinyl boxset and the CD reissue. Also got the Genesis XIX and Demonised CDs for good measure. I think Onkle Tom will forgive me for the streaming now.

From NB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An old Sony discman classic on the train ride home.. used to play KILL KILL KILL, Anal Feast, Knee Deep, Sodimasifuk, Raping the elderly & Grossman the meatman on repeat.. one of the boys even chucked up a Blood Duster tag on the pole next to the station we used to walk past every day, some albums bring back the memories latly. Str8 outta Northcote had a couple of good songs too I guess (but not as many)

Knew a couple of the guys in the band over the years. One thing which annoyed me was that they would never play Ted from the demo. Killer ******* song.
I'll give it a run, my mates brother had it on cassette..

I always found it odd how they drifted into slower rock n roll type metal, guess they just enjoyed playing that more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back