Remove this Banner Ad

Wind.

If the exit is unzipped much further than I knew the child could have opened it, I'd realise that immediately as it would be highly unusual. An awareness that someone else had likely touched it would cause me to call the cops pretty soon after not being able to locate her close by. I'd be fearing the worst from the outset & in which case, everything unusual would jump out as obvious & you would absolutely remember it.

Easy to say now, whilst sitting behind a screen. No one truly knows until they’re in that position when absolute panic kicks in.

Day 6, no body, no real leads beside a tent zip, a chief inspector who assumes the DNA testing has been done and a tent that will eventually make its way to Perth for more analysis (His words). Meanwhile still no public heat applied to the parents and they still can’t say if there’s unaccounted for DNA on the zip.

This is most likely because of three scenarios. A. They haven’t tested it B. It’s been contaminated by all and sundry C. They have tested it and it shows only the family’s DNA

The actual ‘electronic evidence‘ of the child even being there is also shrouded in mystery, why not come clean on this.

An intervention from the top end of town wouldn’t be a surprise right about now.

1634614591213_GRM3GU5CD.2-0.jpg
This photo says to me they had dinner before they got here. I’ve got no idea where the closest servo/roadhouse is.
maybe this is why they can confirm Cleo was with them if they stopped for dinner somewhere.
Table only has a bottle and a gas cooker, with no obvious gas bottle connected.

The technology might be a phone recording one of the other campers made and she can be heard in the background or something. I'm not sure it's actual images of her being there.

It would be real handy if the caretaker's site had CCTV.

Multiple mentions of cattle grids with cameras on routes into the site. Could be that a kid in a booster seat is visible in those photos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is just no way anyone sneaks into a family tent and snatches a kid and runs off to a car and drives away in the night without anyone noticing or waking up. No friggen way. Especially with a grown male in the tent. Even a full blown kiddie snatching pedo doesn't even risk it. It's just unfathomable to me that this happened.
That’s why I questioned if she’d ever been there. No one else apparently saw her. They arrived late and went straight to bed (allegedly). You’d think the parents would stay up for a while.

Once the kid is in the car, who cares, anyway they are likely to believe a story you tell them for at least 5 minutes, at which they are might cry and be terrified, rather than get hysterical and grab the steering wheel (I was just listening to Sheree Beasley case for reference to likely behaviour of a 4yo girl to a stranger abduction by car)
That was a terrible case. People saw her in the car, being driven away 😢

So many talented detectives here, wasted, destined to only share their skills and knowledge on internet forums. Reading some of the theories and ideas here, or suggestions that "maybe the police haven't considered" are genius. Some of you should join the police force or become private investigators.

I know this will come across by some as petty and inflammatory, but !@#$ hell.. do you really think you have a better grasp of the situation than the Police? Get over yourselves. Some of the suggestions by some posters that you know better or would have done better, I personally find a bit gross given the circumstances.

So many talented detectives here, wasted, destined to only share their skills and knowledge on internet forums. Reading some of the theories and ideas here, or suggestions that "maybe the police haven't considered" are genius. Some of you should join the police force or become private investigators.

I know this will come across by some as petty and inflammatory, but !@#$ hell.. do you really think you have a better grasp of the situation than the Police? Get over yourselves. Some of the suggestions by some posters that you know better or would have done better, I personally find a bit gross given the circumstances.
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggest they know better than the police.

Ive wanted to post the same thing lol. Amazing how many internet detectives come out when there’s a story like this

I don’t mind theories, there’s a sleuth page on FB that’s actually solved some cases in the USA. But I hate accusations and witch-hunts because people don’t like “the look” of someone.

Bright moonlight in WA past few days. Can see clearly in middle of the night without torch.
Maybe: Cleo calls for a drink at 1.30am. Perpetrator hears her and can see from tent light that Cleo is in separate compartment of tent. Waits for a bit. Mum and Cleo go back to sleep. Opens tent on Cleo's side. Wind and surf sounds are loud so can't hear zip. Drags her out in sleeping bag and picks her up. She wouldn't even wake up...just thinks it's her stepdad in her sleep. Poor baby. Really hope she's okay
thanks cdbm, I was about to ask about moonlight

then I'm even stronger on the tent-peeper-graduating-to-snatcher theory

I'm sure the cops are doing this, but I would be getting to interview everyone who was at the campsite on relatively moon-lit nights in the last year.

Did they notice a tent door open when they swore they had closed it? Something seemed to have moved overnight near the door of their tent? Something quite small and insignificant missing? Someone messing with/snowdropping their undies on the line outside? Or just some small, odd thing that people might remember.

Noone believes your average suburban sicko up and did this on the spur of the moment. It had to be someone familiar with moving around that camp in near-darkness, and confident from previous experience they could get close to and open tents without being detected. They would be relatively young or else pretty fit/lithe and would park a little away from the site in the dead of night and then come in by foot.

that's all I got on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be long term residents there or frequent campers that would be comfortable pulling off something like this. I really, really hope it’s not a stranger abduction. :[
So everyone has to now sleep with one eye open, and get a caravan :[ it’s bs and shouldn’t be happening. Far out

Don't be ridiculous
Maybe you didn't notice the question-mark after the word dingo and my follow up scenario?

If I was seriously thinking a dingo did it, I would not have bothered with both the question-marks.

Dingo got ruled out long ago.

My Dingo post was as much to highlight the improbability of a Dingo doing it (Tracker dogs would have picked up Dingo scent, and there would probably be remnants of Dingo DNA/fibres around the crime scene, and a missing sleeping bag or bits of it would have been found by now).

Not suitable for adult bike rides but a little kid, sure
But suitable for a kid who is trying to learn without training wheels for the first time?

Possibly a sandy riding surface would or would be perceived by the child and/or parents as a safe or safer landing than a harder surface.

Or you could just not read the thread then.... strange that you're getting so worked up over this. Are you a police officer? Have your feelings been hurt.

Police never miss anything.... you're right.

Let the people spit ball ideas and don't read the thread if it's so gross.

Welcome mate

They did a fantastic job on the Claremont serial killings didn't they?

I can't find a link to the article that this post refers to. Anyone else seen it?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Here you go.

'Queensland author and body language expert Allan Pease said it had led to some judgmental members of the public getting the wrong image.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back