Remove this Banner Ad

I assume these doors were a safety requirement to assist exiting the tent in an emergency.
I would consider 4 doors in a tent of that size is a ventilation feature, as opposed to a safety requirement.

Even if there were 8 persons sleeping in a tent of that model, if there was a an emergency, for example if they had run out beer,
I'm struggling to come up with a reason why having all those extra doors would assist.

Do WAPOL now run Ch 9?

(you said we should only listen to what Police said about the case and ignore the media, so I'm not going to bother reading what you just posted from the media)

Aww Bfew sorry I've upset you, my post about media wasn't really worded correctly...but i was actually mainly referring my post to the hysteria that Daily Fail caused yesterday. The way they ran the story was like it was 100% fact a female was involved.

I myself read/watch media to get updates on news around the world, but I myself can tell the difference when an article is sensationalized.

'Cousins Kahlia Brown and Kiara Cooyou, who also lived next door to Mr Kelly before he moved to Tonkin Crescent, said he was “quiet” and “kept to himself”.

“He wouldn’t even say hello or nothing to anyone,” Ms Cooyou said.

The pair, and another neighbour Athol Oakley all said they had been told Mr Kelly was spotted at the TAB on Melbourne Cup day — when he is still alleged to have had Cleo — with an unidentified woman.

“He was at the TAB putting bets on while the little girl was ... in the house,” they said.

Despite the neighbours saying they did not believe Mr Kelly was capable of acting alone and would have had “help” — police dispelled reports they were investigating a mystery woman who could have been involved.'

Melbourne Cup Day 2021 was on Tuesday 2nd November.
The accused was arrested later that night.

Hopefully the TAB still has video footage from that day, to assist help identify anyone the accused was with in the TAB that day.

'he has spent the last week distraught after people threatened to run him over, burn him alive and shoot him.'
'the cap on damages for defamation cases in WA was a bit more than $400,000, but that did not include possible aggravated damages.'

I wonder if what happened at Ch 7 with them getting the wrong bloke.

Did they just do something really stupid like get confirmation from one of their Police sources, that the Kelly bloke they had arrested had dark skin, dark hair and looked Aboriginal. And then just decided to run with the first or only Kelly on facebook that appeared to live in NW W,A that had a first name of one of the variations of the spelling of Terrance? Thinking that there was at least a 50:50 chance they had the correct bloke, and that being first to picture the accused was worth the potential cost of a defamation lawsuit and any reputational damage down the track for if they had the wrong bloke.

They probably calculated the potential reputational damage, or impact on their share price as immaterial.

I envisage that the person(s) who were involved in the publishing error, also probably thought that they would not lose their job or suffer any professional consequences as a result of the error. They might have been more worried about the repercussions from their employer/bosses for if they had the right Kelly all along and refused/decided not to publish the Kelly they had, and then were beating by another outlet to have the first pics of the accused up on the internet.

As I understand the mobile phone TK had with him pinged on the mobile tower, the early hours of the alleged CS abduction. That is pinged along with other mobile phones. Although TK had the mobile with him, we don’t know if it was stolen. A stolen phone wouldn’t be registered with TKs address. TK may have had more than one phone.

TK was arrested on Robinson St (11.24pm), whilst travelling as a passenger in a vehicle with female relatives. Was that vehicle located because TK had the mobile phone on him and WAPOL used an App like ‘Findmyphone’ or the like?

Detectives swooped in on Kelly after he was identified as a suspect in the case on Tuesday night.

Was it only after the arrest that WAPOL learned TKs address? At 12.46am CS was located – thinking it probably took an hour to get a search warrant.

Dashcam shows dramatic moment Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested by WA Police | 7NEWS

The amount that they made in advertising space, might've been more than the Defamation cap?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

The WA Government might need to consider having a higher defamation cap for main stream media organisations, on the basis that the current levels might be too low in some cases, to deter them from taking the risk of getting it wrong, where they are not 100% sure that they have the write person when publishing names and/or pictures.

The WA Government might need to consider having a higher defamation cap for main stream media organisations, on the basis that the current levels might be too low in some cases, to deter them from taking the risk of getting it wrong, where they are not 100% sure that they have the write person when publishing names and/or pictures.
Totally agree, $400 000 is a pittance considering lives, work opportunities, business's etc could be ruined. Also taking into consideration once the lawyers fees are taken out you would receive substantially less.

This is going to make me unpopular. But let’s just hope CS’s family make some smarter choices about privacy right about now. They are ‘Viclebrities’ as far as the media are concerned and they will milk and milk and milk them for as long as possible. But they will turn on them at some point too. Say Jake loses his licence for demerit points and has to go to court, he’ll have media there and it will make the papers. You or I wouldn’t even rate a mention.

Accepting gifts and go fund me monies is dangermouse too. It’s gives people a sense of ownership over you. Best thing to do with gifts and donations is to re donate them, perhaps to a missing child charity. They’re not poor.

They seem like a nice couple, but might need to hire some PR help or go off grid a bit.

Your post didn't make you unpopular from me as I get exactly what you are saying. Media are hounds, they'll let you pat them when it's convenient for them, but they'll soon turn around and bite if they find something that's gunna make money for them again when the initial "hot news" dies down.

CS has gone through so much and deserves everything that she can get to try heal and live some sort of normal life. Being so young though there needs to be some balance, all these presents may become a "new norm" for her and when they stop that in itself could cause problems.

I really just wish that the media leave CS and her family alone. We've seen plenty of pictures of CS and they don't need to keep plastering them all over the internet where they'll stay for many many years ahead.

As I understand the mobile phone TK had with him pinged on the mobile tower, the early hours of the alleged CS abduction. That is pinged along with other mobile phones. Although TK had the mobile with him, we don’t know if it was stolen. A stolen phone wouldn’t be registered with TKs address. TK may have had more than one phone.

TK was arrested on Robinson St (11.24pm), whilst travelling as a passenger in a vehicle with female relatives. Was that vehicle located because TK had the mobile phone on him and WAPOL used an App like ‘Findmyphone’ or the like?

Detectives swooped in on Kelly after he was identified as a suspect in the case on Tuesday night.

Was it only after the arrest that WAPOL learned TKs address? At 12.46am CS was located – thinking it probably took an hour to get a search warrant.

Dashcam shows dramatic moment Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested by WA Police | 7NEWS

From my understanding with all the media reports is that TK's phone pinged at the campsite. LE then got the owner's details of that number and it was registered to TK and the house where CS was found. LE were then watching the house and waited until TK went out and that's when they pulled him over and arrested him.

I believe TK may of had a 2nd car the one LE pulled over and was using that car on a regular basis. When LE approached the car in the video you have linked, to me they approach and pull out the driver and not the back passenger door.

The Mazda in the carport, looks like it hasn't been driven for sometime and LE most likely confiscated the number plates when TK was recently done for unlicensed and unregistered car.

If TK was well known to cop's for his driving offences he may have swapped and changed cars a lot to try and stay unnoticed from the local Police IMO

From my understanding with all the media reports is that TK's phone pinged at the campsite. LE then got the owner's details of that number and it was registered to TK and the house where CS was found.
Which raises the question of how many days did it take for each of the following steps.
1. WAPOL to formally request Telstra provide them the mobile sim card ping data
2. Telstra to provide WAPOL with the requested data from 1. above
3. WAPOL to analyse the data
4. WAPOL to request any further data required from Telstra or any other sim card sellers, that WAPOL required data from to ID whose name the sim cards were registered under
5. WAPOL to receive the requested data from 4. above

And like in the Claremont Murders case:
was all the data requested by WAPOL provided the first time around (and not incomplete)

Or did WAPOL have to go back and request corrected data?

Finally, was there any delay in obtaining any of the required data, due to clarifications on what data was required, data in an unusable format, or for any other reasons?

In cases like this, where delays can mean the difference between life and death, in this day and age all the data requested should be available to law enforcement very very quickly.

Edit: multiple typos corrected and bits I thought I had removed, now removed.

Last edited:
Which raises the question of how many days did it take for each of the following steps.
1. WAPOL to formally request Telstra provide them the mobile sim card ping data
2. Telstra to provide WAPOL with the requested data from 1. above
3. WAPOL to analyse the data
4. WAPOL to request any further data required from Telstra or any other sim card sellers, that WAPOL required data from to ID whose name the sim cards were registered under
5. WAPOL to receive the requested data from 4. above

And like in the Claremont Murders case:
was all the data requested by WAPOL
(a) provided the first time around (and not incomplete)

Or did WAPOL have to go back and request corrected data.

Finally, was there any delay in obtaining any of the required data, due to clarifications on what data was required, data in an unusable format, or for any other reasons?

For a case like this, it should take up to 8 days for WAPOL to deceive the data they requested.

In cases like this, were delays can mean the difference between life and death, in this day and age, all the data requested should be available to law enforcement very very quickly.

It certainly does seem that the phone data took longer than you think it would, especially given like you said in a life/death situation.

I guess though we aren't actually aware at this stage on exactly how many number's LE had to sift through before they got to TK's. There are also several towers in the area, so I'd assume they would have to sift number's tower by tower.

I'm not sure where the tower's are located or what the range is of ping's, but if the same mobile data was say pinging from one of the mine site's in the area, then I'd assume there would've been a lot of number's to sift through.

It certainly does seem that the phone data took longer than you think it would, especially given like you said in a life/death situation.

I guess though we aren't actually aware at this stage on exactly how many number's LE had to sift through before they got to TK's. There are also several towers in the area, so I'd assume they would have to sift number's tower by tower.

I'm not sure where the tower's are located or what the range is of ping's, but if the same mobile data was say pinging from one of the mine site's in the area, then I'd assume there would've been a lot of number's to sift through.

WAPOL should/would have a team of internal and/or external data analysts/scientists (including a surge capacity), plus state of the art data analytical tools
and related data warehousing systems and processes, at the ready, for life and death situations like this.

Human and technical resources might be shared between some State Governments or even at the Federal Level, or are shared/acquired (in part or whole), from other trusted countries systems/tools/processes/methodologies.

I've got no idea what they use. And if I did I would not be discussing it anywhere.

Anyway, it's something we don't need to know the details of lest the info be abused by criminals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks CW,
The area probably wasn't as remote as I thought, there were probably quite a few numbers to sift through.

I would consider 4 doors in a tent of that size is a ventilation feature, as opposed to a safety requirement.

Even if there were 8 persons sleeping in a tent of that model, if there was a an emergency, for example if they had run out beer,
I'm struggling to come up with a reason why having all those extra doors would assist.

An extra door or two can be handy in a tent if you need to sneak out to check the plumbing (sort of emergency) during the night and not disturb others.
Except for one time I made it outside, after doing my grasshopper on rice paper act and feeling a sense of achievement - only then to fall over my son's bike onto a pair of roller-skates and scream out "FFS..!", which my wife confidently claims also likely woke up people sleeping in their caravan's at the other end the campsite..!
Bloke from a nearby tent rushed to my aid armed with a cricket bat as he thought I'd been attacked by somebody...

Last edited:
An extra door or two can be handy in a tent if you need to sneak out to check the plumbing (sort of emergency) during the night and not disturb others
Or to try and sneak out for an early morning fish without waking anyone up.

The Daily Mail claim about a woman brushing Cleo's hair and dressing her, whilst she was 'stolen' has gone viral around the world these last few days.
Vaccination rates might improve too if we called the next strain of COVID-19 'DailyMail'

Here's some references to it in the UK, US, NZ and Australian media, that include both the hair brushing and the dressing bit, as opposed to just the hair brushing bit in the Australian media where the dressing up bit appears to have been (h)airbrushed out in some main stream media articles.

'Cleo Smith claims woman 'brushed her hair and dressed her' while she was held captive'

'Cleo Smith tells police 'woman brushed hair and dressed her' after kidnapping'

'CLEO Smith has reportedly told cops a mystery woman brushed her hair and dressed her while she was being held at the home of her alleged kidnapper.'

'On Tuesday, the Daily Mail Australia reported that police were investigating whether a woman had helped care for Cleo during the abduction - including by helping her to dress and brush her hair.'

'reportedly told police that a woman helped take care of her — dressing and brushing her hair during her 18 days in captivity.
News about the mystery woman emerged when investigators interviewed Cleo after she was discovered physically unharmed inside a house in Carnavaron, the Daily Mail reported.'

'Cleo Smith has reportedly revealed to detectives that more than one person was involved in her disappearance.
The brave girl reportedly told investigators a woman brushed her hair and dressed her during the 18 days she was hidden from her desperate family.
Smith made the revelation during the interview process, telling police that the woman made visits to the home in the Western Australian town of Carnarvon, the Daily Mail reported.'

'reports the little girl told police a mystery woman "helped to dress her and brush her hair".

'Cleo has reportedly told Western Australia police that a woman dressed her and brushed her hair.'

'Cleo Smith says mystery woman helped get her dressed and brush her hair'

The Daily Mail claim about a woman brushing Cleo's hair and dressing her, whilst she was 'stolen' has gone viral around the world these last few days.
Vaccination rates might improve too if we called the next strain of COVID-19 'DailyMail'

Here's some references to it in the UK, US, NZ and Australian media, that include both the hair brushing and the dressing bit, as opposed to just the hair brushing bit in the Australian media where the dressing up bit appears to have been (h)airbrushed out in some main stream media articles.

'Cleo Smith claims woman 'brushed her hair and dressed her' while she was held captive'

'Cleo Smith tells police 'woman brushed hair and dressed her' after kidnapping'

'CLEO Smith has reportedly told cops a mystery woman brushed her hair and dressed her while she was being held at the home of her alleged kidnapper.'

'On Tuesday, the Daily Mail Australia reported that police were investigating whether a woman had helped care for Cleo during the abduction - including by helping her to dress and brush her hair.'

'reportedly told police that a woman helped take care of her — dressing and brushing her hair during her 18 days in captivity.
News about the mystery woman emerged when investigators interviewed Cleo after she was discovered physically unharmed inside a house in Carnavaron, the Daily Mail reported.'

'Cleo Smith has reportedly revealed to detectives that more than one person was involved in her disappearance.
The brave girl reportedly told investigators a woman brushed her hair and dressed her during the 18 days she was hidden from her desperate family.
Smith made the revelation during the interview process, telling police that the woman made visits to the home in the Western Australian town of Carnarvon, the Daily Mail reported.'

'reports the little girl told police a mystery woman "helped to dress her and brush her hair".

'Cleo has reportedly told Western Australia police that a woman dressed her and brushed her hair.'

'Cleo Smith says mystery woman helped get her dressed and brush her hair'

FFS, really, what next; 'Reports state' mystery women took Cleo Smith shopping/to the cinema/to ballet classes/horseback riding/to Luna Park..!

Last edited:
An extra door or two can be handy in a tent if you need to sneak out to check the plumbing (sort of emergency) during the night and not disturb others - except for one time I made it outside, after doing my grasshopper on rice paper act and feeling a sense of achievement - only then to fall over my son's bike onto a pair of roller-skates and scream out "FFS..!", which my wife confidently claims also likely woke up people sleeping in their caravan's at the other end the campsite..!
Bloke from a nearby tent rushed to my aid armed with a cricket bat as he thought I'd been attacked by somebody...
Hi Homer. Doh!

Totally agree, $400 000 is a pittance considering lives, work opportunities, business's etc could be ruined. Also taking into consideration once the lawyers fees are taken out you would receive substantially less.
Balance that with the fact his life and business/employment prospects are probably not actually ruined. Perspective.

Cheer up Kurve.

If Cleo thinks that a women helped her get dressed, that's a bit of an improvement on Cleo thinking that some big hairy Bratz obsessed child stealer helping her get dressed.

I just don't know what to say about all this, not really trusting the press on it either. From elation she was found to ... I don't know what's going on. This is just awful.

I just don't know what to say about all this, not really trusting the press on it either. From elation she was found to ... I don't know what's going on. This is just awful.
I agree.
There seems to be quite a lot of whirring in neutral which is forcing the media to jump to conclusions too. Do they actually have enough evidence on this bloke to successfully prosecute him?

If you didn’t know better you might think they’re struggling to put a case together.

I agree.
There seems to be quite a lot of whirring in neutral which is forcing the media to jump to conclusions too. Do they actually have enough evidence on this bloke to successfully prosecute him?

If you didn’t know better you might think they’re struggling to put a case together.
When the key witness is a 4 year old you have you work cut out for you , the need to show proof without having the child to bear the weight of the facts Is not always simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back