Remove this Banner Ad

Her name is Corina, I misspelled it and should have remembered because I've been checking in for the latest nonsense. Her videos are going viral, youtubers and podcasters have picked them up with no caution. She thinks she's helping but she's just repeating gossip from 1000 kms away. Not helping! :eek:

yes, i began to watch the videos she narrated but tuned out after a minute ... it was the video of a reasonably well spoken male that was right at the top of her feed, when i first looked, that caught my attention, a video which since doesn't appear to be posted.

imho

No stone unturned, if there was a woman in the car or in the house they will find her imo.

Forensic officers examining the car were dressed in blue PPE, gloves and were wearing face masks.

While Cleo was still missing, police repeatedly called for information about a car that witnesses reported turning off Blowholes Road towards Carnarvon between 3am and 3:30am on the day she vanished.

Can anyone come up with good reasons why they didn't dig up the whole garden looking for evidence in the first couple of days after the arrest?

Maybe they asking the accused repeatedly whether he had buried or hidden anything at all in his backyard, and were wanting to give him the opportunity to respond to that question (or incriminate himself) over a number of weeks before they went looking.
WAPOL don’t always dig up a suspect’s backyard. As an example, in 2008 Ah Bee Mack (Pauline) a Mt Hawthorn woman went missing and her step son was charged with her murder. The house was sold and 10 years later the new owners had a pool installed. During the excavation Pauline’s body was located (Sept 2018).

Remains of WA mum Ah Bee Mack found buried in backyard (yahoo.com)

WAPOL don’t always dig up a suspect’s backyard. As an example, in 2008 Ah Bee Mack (Pauline) a Mt Hawthorn woman went missing and her step son was charged with her murder. The house was sold and 10 years later the new owners had a pool installed. During the excavation Pauline’s body was located (Sept 2018).

Remains of WA mum Ah Bee Mack found buried in backyard (yahoo.com)
that screams of incompetence, but technology has improved since then, so much so that I am dismayed that every crim is not arrested within a few hours.

During an earlier radio interview on Thursday, Superintendent Rod Wilde rubbished rumours that Mr Kelly was bashed by a cellmate.
“No, that’s not true. My understanding is that the man in custody self-harmed,” he told 6PR radio.
“Obviously, in modern police stations there’s CCTV in all the cells.”

#3,666

Well that doesn’t t add up because he was in back of ambulance with head bandage b4 he spent anytime in a cell

Her name is Corina, I misspelled it and should have remembered because I've been checking in for the latest nonsense. Her videos are going viral, youtubers and podcasters in the US have picked them up with no caution. She thinks she's helping but she's just repeating gossip from 1000 kms away. Not helping! :eek:
Some big players in true crime were running with it. really crazy they weren’t fact checking.
Although We set one lady in the US straight, A so-called profiler. She should learn some statement analysis.

I'm still not convinced TK shared the Tonkin resident with his Grandma. In her interview it is mentioned Now living next door to the Pioneer Cemetery in Carnarvon.

A female neighbour said he had only lived at that house for maybe 6-12mths

* it's been said TK had not long got out of prison, if he had a house while in prison, depending how long he was in there for and rent wasn't being paid, housing would've took over the house.

* If an indigenous person dies at home, it's more often that the family will actually move to another house, due to spirits etc etc

I feel some of the media are miss interpreting the indigenous lingo when they say "he has lived here for yrs"....yes lived in the area, but not necessarily in that house.

In the indigenous community I lived in, a family shifted house straight away if someone died in it. Not only this, the people in the houses next to it, shifted too. There were only about 4 houses in the street, but they all moved. Going near the street was a big no no, until sorry time was over.

I think Daily Fail is running their own media fantasy and have just thought this will create click bait and just put what Blaine said yesterday and the fact 2 females were in the car with TK when arrested.

“Our focus this week is for us to ascertain whether there was anyone else involved, that’s why we are still here,” Det-Sen Sgt Blaine said.

2 + 2 = 5 let's run this story line

False/misleading media reports, that I know of, 'after TK's arrest':

Named/pictured, published wrong suspect - the clear winner thus far!

Claim from neighbour. Morning of recovery he tells reporter twice 'they' kept Cleo in the house?
No media follow-up to 'they', until police suggest yesterday there could be an accomplice.

Claims from neighbours. Some say they 'think' they heard screams. Others say they heard nothing?

Claims from neighbours. Some say he kept 'dogs', others say he had a 'dog'?

Claims from neighbours. All confirm TK a loner, never seen anybody else enter house! What about Cleo and/or accomplice?

Details from TK arrest, car passengers. Was it 2 female cousins in their 20's or was it an aunty and/or a 5yo child..?

Details from TK arrest, which/what car. Obviously it wasn't his Mazda still parked in the driveway..?

TK injuries during detainment. Reports he was bashed by another prisoner? Others say attempted suicide? One or two hospital trips?

Location of TK's house. Is it 3 or 7 minutes from the Smith's Carnarvon residence - please make up your mind..?

TK's occupation of house. Some neighbours say no more than 9 months, others say close to 2 years..?

TK's recent incarceration. Neighbours claim he was recently freed from jail, yet there is no records to support this..?

Monster narrative 1. 'TK threatened me in court'. Zero context as to what the reporter had said prompting TK's comment..?

Monster narrative 2. 'TK winked at us when boarding the plane'. Looked like he was just squinting reacting to the sunlight..?

TK was a drug dealer. What, where, how did this allegation evolve..?

A 'separate investigation' into TK's past. Suggest the media keep interns away from reporting on police investigations they obviously have no experience in covering..?

I'm sure there are more - I just avoid clicking on the daily, mostly click-bait style articles.
And of course all these related articles always include the following hidden disclaimers; - it's understood/described as/it's speculated/reportedly/allegedly/sources say/ etc. etc...

Last edited:
TK's recent incarceration. Neighbours claim he was recently freed from jail, yet there is no records to support this..?
If there were records, they would have been removed from public view, and the media would not be allowed to publish this at this point in time, as is standard with people who have been arrested and might face a trial by jury at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

False/misleading media reports, that I know of, 'after TK's arrest':

Named/pictured, published wrong suspect - the clear winner thus far!

Claim from neighbour. Morning of recovery he tells reporter twice 'they' kept Cleo in the house?
No media follow-up to 'they', until police suggest yesterday there could be an accomplice.

Claims from neighbours. Some say they 'think' they heard screams. Others say they heard nothing?

Claims from neighbours. Some say he kept 'dogs', others say he had a 'dog'?

Claims from neighbours. All confirm TK a loner, never seen anybody else enter house! What about Cleo and/or accomplice?

Details from TK arrest, car passengers. Was it 2 female cousins in their 20's or was it an aunty and/or a 5yo child..?

Details from TK arrest, which/what car. Obviously it wasn't his Mazda still parked in the driveway..?

TK injuries during detainment. Reports he was bashed by another prisoner? Others say attempted suicide? One or two hospital trips?

Location of TK's house. Is it 3 or 7 minutes from the Smith's Carnarvon residence - please make up your mind..?

TK's occupation of house. Some neighbours say no more than 9 months, others say close to 2 years..?

Monster narrative 1. 'TK threatened me in court'. Zero context as to what the reporter had said prompting TK's comment..?

Monster narrative 2. 'TK winked at us when boarding the plane'. Looked like he was just squinting reacting to the sunlight..?

TK was a drug dealer. What, where, how did this allegation evolve..?

A 'separate investigation' into TK's past. Suggest the media keep interns away from reporting on police investigations they obviously have no experience in covering..?

I'm sure there are more - I just avoid clicking on the daily, mostly click-bait style articles.
And of course all these related articles always include the following hidden disclaimers; - it's understood/described as/it's speculated/reportedly/allegedly/sources say/ etc. etc...

What an awesome summary, I'm sure we all could add a few more thing's to this list...at the end of the day people just need to listen what Police say as we know then it's fact and not speculation like the media run with.

at the end of the day people just need to listen what Police say as we know then it's fact and not speculation like the media run with.

Let's only allow discussion forum crime threads quotes and discussion of information direct from Police media interviews, Police press releases and Police social media posts from the official/verified Police accounts.

Sounds a bit too much like a Police State for my liking.

Let's only allow discussion forum crime threads quotes and discussion of information direct from Police media interviews, Police press releases and Police social media posts from the official/verified Police accounts.

Sounds a bit too much like a Police State for my liking.

BFew, if you or others find the media's constant speculative nonsense 'entertaining', that's fine, knock yourself out - just don't expect others to share the same enthusiasm for their ongoing unaccountable BS..!

BFew, if you or others find the media's constant speculative nonsense 'entertaining', that's fine, knock yourself out - just don't expect others to share the same enthusiasm for their ongoing unaccountable BS..!

To be fair, this isn't the thread for critiquing the press which is where we get most of our information from. We can usually sort the beef from the mustard.

To be fair, this isn't the thread for critiquing the press which is where we get most of our information from. We can usually sort the beef from the mustard.
Let’s face it, it’s quite rare that the media in this country out and out lie. They are however guilty of being lazy and under pressure. So they’ll often overlook the 3 rule (story verified by at least 3 sources) with a view to retracting later or watering down.
With this in mind, there normally is some ‘fire’ to the stories, a degree of truth and it’s normally from quoting and unreliable source.
The trick is to take in ALL of the information available official or just plan whacky and try and find the middle ground truth.
As a side note, the cops are known to bullshit for their own reasons, so it would be foolish to try and piece together what really is happening/happened based on their releases alone. It’s like watching the ABC as your sole source of news, eventually you’ll starting thinking that the ocean is about to swamp your suburban backyard.
It’s about balance.

This is going to make me unpopular. But let’s just hope CS’s family make some smarter choices about privacy right about now. They are ‘Viclebrities’ as far as the media are concerned and they will milk and milk and milk them for as long as possible. But they will turn on them at some point too. Say Jake loses his licence for demerit points and has to go to court, he’ll have media there and it will make the papers. You or I wouldn’t even rate a mention.

Accepting gifts and go fund me monies is dangermouse too. It’s gives people a sense of ownership over you. Best thing to do with gifts and donations is to re donate them, perhaps to a missing child charity. They’re not poor.

They seem like a nice couple, but might need to hire some PR help or go off grid a bit.

Can anyone come up with good reasons why they didn't dig up the whole garden looking for evidence in the first couple of days after the arrest?

Maybe they asking the accused repeatedly whether he had buried or hidden anything at all in his backyard, and were wanting to give him the opportunity to respond to that question (or incriminate himself) over a number of weeks before they went looking.
I guess that whatever is under there can wait. They’ve got enough on him ATM to keep him locked up until his trial.

This is going to make me unpopular. But let’s just hope CS’s family make some smarter choices about privacy right about now. They are ‘Viclebrities’ as far as the media are concerned and they will milk and milk and milk them for as long as possible. But they will turn on them at some point too. Say Jake loses his licence for demerit points and has to go to court, he’ll have media there and it will make the papers. You or I wouldn’t even rate a mention.

Accepting gifts and go fund me monies is dangermouse too. It’s gives people a sense of ownership over you. Best thing to do with gifts and donations is to re donate them, perhaps to a missing child charity. They’re not poor.

They seem like a nice couple, but might need to hire some PR help or go off grid a bit.
I’ve been reluctant to criticise the couple but now their daughter is safe and well I would suggest that having two children under four in a separate room in a tent is stupid. Not just in hindsight, no one could have predicted this, but I wouldn’t have done it. It’s not your house, it’s a tent and can’t be secured in the same way.

I’ve been reluctant to criticise the couple but now their daughter is safe and well I would suggest that having two children under four in a separate room in a tent is stupid. Not just in hindsight, no one could have predicted this, but I wouldn’t have done it. It’s not your house, it’s a tent and can’t be secured in the same way.
From the previous pics of the tent, it appears the tent would only fit 2 single mattress's and one double with little space around for anything extra. You could hardly call this a large area. I believe it is a stretch to say it had 2 rooms, as the sleeping areas were only separated by a thin sheet of tent material which was only attached in couple of places. It was more of a privacy screen and the children would have been easily in reach of the parents (less than 2 meters). I feel the real problem was the amount of 'doors' in the tent. I'm not sure how you could have reconfigured the beds so that the children were not next to one. I assume these doors were a safety requirement to assist exiting the tent in an emergency.
I can understand where you are coming from because even when I stay in a hotel with my children I have been know to move all the furniture against the door so they are unable to escape !! I personally would never camp with small children ( not with my escape artists anyway). But lots of people do, with no ill consequences. So really I dont feel we can criticize the parents at all, this scenario was a normal every day holiday experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back