Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Greenwood just proved why he is no longer at the Crows. What a terrible individual and a cancer of a human. The AFL should veto this deal. This was an agreed upon move by Gold Coast and Greenwood for list management purposes with an intended outcome that would never have happened had Gold Coast known his intention which I am sure they would have happily traded him.

For him and his manager to be secretly negotiating deals behind gc back is beyond the realms of disgusting. In no way should a player ever be allowed to con their way out of a contract and be delisted. The precedent this sets is massive. Can't blame gc for this at all. The AFL must squash this and I'd even go so far as to ban Greenwood for 12 months. You just can't circle jerk and play the system like this.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
How can you possibly say that GC weren’t at fault here. You have no idea how Greenwood was treated through the process and I don’t begrudge any player looking out for themselves. Clubs will also look after their own interests . GC didn’t have to take the path they did which they should know full well has significant risk

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Nicks was nowhere near the first to call for moving a floundering Laird to the midfield. In fact, he was weeks late.
OK .....so who was the guy who was "weeks" ahead in identifying the Laird move to the midfield ......and please don't say me ....I was a couple of years ahead in calling for Laird ....and ridiculed, "you don't move an AA BP"

monkey1.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
How can you possibly say that GC weren’t at fault here. You have no idea how Greenwood was treated through the process and I don’t begrudge any player looking out for themselves. Clubs will also look after their own interests . GC didn’t have to take the path they did which they should know full well has significant risk
Publicly Greenwood towed the party line .....behind the scenes he may have been miffed, ego hurt .....loyalty takes a bit of a hit, and then a salesman comes offering something better .....not hard to fathom TBH

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK .....so who was the guy who was "weeks" ahead in identifying the Laird move to the midfield ......and please don't say me ....I was a couple of years ahead in calling for Laird ....and ridiculed, "you don't move an AA BP"

View attachment 1283879

I'm not sure there's as much need when the player is performing well in their original role. But when he's going bad at half back and our midfield is struggling, it was an exceedingly obvious move. Almost as obvious as niticing Frampton was a crap forward after seeing him for 4 games.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Yes they did. Once they realised they'd screwed LM by contracting everyone, they had no choice but to delist contracted players to meet the minimum draft rules. Of course they're at fault, but it was no slight on the player as they were contracted, so couldn't lose either way. Get picked back up at 90 or get snaffled by a better offer. Suns knew the latter was a live option, so chose the players they were least concerned about losing though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'm not sure there's as much need when the player is performing well in their original role. But when he's going bad at half back and our midfield is struggling, it was an exceedingly obvious move. Almost as obvious as niticing Frampton was a crap forward after seeing him for 4 games.
Wasn't playing bad, opposition simply started tagging Laird ......happens to all good players, more difficult to break a tag in DEF

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
People who get to the top of an escalator and stop dead, looking around for where to go next, instead of getting out of the feckin way of other people coming up
Bunnings car parks are like that too. I’m certain that the majority of people go out to buy s**t with no plan in mind at all, it’s just a series of entwined last second thoughts….these are often best left to changing three lanes with no indicating. Christmas exacerbates these half arsed processes.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Your either an apple user or not.

I'm in the not category... but my family is split on the matter.

There is no right or wrong, rather what you prefer.
There's the I like to be ripped off camp and the I'm quite fine to have something that does the same thing for half the cost

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Won't happen here. Spurrier only knows the QR/tracing system, she's committed to the process. Like a good public servant, outcomes are meaningless, process is all that matters.
Might also have something to do with the vaccination rates

View attachment 1283879
My hubby asked Pyke in an interview once about moving Laird into the midfield… Pykes response was “we tried it, he lasted ten minutes. He just doesn’t have the engine for it”.

Once you an Apple User you are hooked for life like a drug addict. Sadly I’m an Apple User.
We bought the very first Mac in 1984 when we lived at Stanford University in Palo Alto. (Still have it in the cupboard somewhere). Have been Apple disciples ever since. Our whole lab is Apple driven with the exception of one PC.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Surely it needs to be 'live'. Otherwise it's meaningless.
They said a piece of paper is ok. Pdf screenshot the same.

Our QR check in not linked to vaccine passport. Only State not to be?

Of course easy to manipulate/Photoshop, but could you imagine every one of 35k crowd signing into MyGov to get in to the cricket.

Might get through the gate by day 3.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

Of course easy to manipulate/Photoshop, but could you imagine every one of 35k crowd signing into MyGov to get in to the cricket.

What these people being doing for the last 6 months? This stuff should have been done and all ready to go.

Where is the HealthCheck SA app? Or does it only go live from the 23rd November?

We bought the very first Mac in 1984 when we lived at Stanford University in Palo Alto. (Still have it in the cupboard somewhere). Have been Apple disciples ever since. Our whole lab is Apple driven with the exception of one PC.

• In 2013, an Apple 1 sold at Christie's Auction House for $390,000. [Source]
  • In 2014, a functioning Apple 1 sold at Bonhams Auction for $905,000, the highest price yet for an Apple 1. [Source]
  • Several have also appeared on eBay over the years, where the highest successful bid was $43,000.
  • In 2016, a unit hailed as the very first Apple Computer, an Apple 1 prototype, sold at auction for $815,000. [Source]
  • In 2018, a functioning Apple 1 sold at a Boston auction for $375,000. [Source]
  • In 2019, an Apple 1 was sold at Christie's Auction House for $470,000. [Source]
  • In 2021, a functioning Apple 1 in an ornate wooden housing with a Panasonic monitor included sold for $400,000 at Christie's Auction House

:think:

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Problem with saving screen shots is the document could easily have been forged. Having it linked through official pages (Medicare) will be the thing most likely accepted.
And the 2 minute process for each person to log in?

It is not practical. Andrew Daniels (SMA CEO) said on AA paper copy is sufficient. PDF screen shot would be fine too.

Even a "live" copy can be manipulated. I am sure the person at the gate won't check to make sure the HTML is accurate.

Will they cross reference the "proof" with a driver's licence id check?

Doubt it. Season ticket/Membership is not ID. I went to Port games for a five years with my mother in law's Membership.

Last edited:

I suspect that they will only randomly scrutinize patron's status. It will be impossible to take the time to verify and confirm everyone entering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back