Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t care what anyone says, we did not
Need to pick a small fwd.

Stack, Rioli, junior, Bolton, Shedda, Baker, George and Aarts can all run through that small fwd role.

It's hard to have confidence in stack long term atm.

DRioli is a defender by the looks of things.

It's a bonus if MRioli comes good

Bolton is a mid

Edwards won't play forever

Baker, yeah but may not be played forward.

Ideally you want to upgrade on aarts/George..

Literally all our picks except gibcus could be turned into midfielders
I love the positive thinking, but this is the problem. The best midfields, the ones that win finals, are always made up of the best pure midfielders going around. You rarely see bit-part forward/mids turn into big possession winners all around the ground, or contested players.

What we needed were ball winners, your guys like Ward, Hobbs, Johnson, Taylor even, what we got was a key defender and 4 flankers. Sonsie is a great get but I’m concerned he’ll always be a rung down from the pure mid we need.

My grandpa passed away at 86 in 2014 but used to always, ALWAYS say that Richmond had long had an issue picking too many flankers, we never got the good key position guys nor the best midfielders that would dominate games. Despite the recent success it’s crazy that this still continues, although we’re getting better at drafting key defenders.

We had the best draft hand and did sweet f all
Only gibcus the good one and maybe sonsie
Imagine where the club would be without your stunning insight from YouTube highlights on your couch.
Thanks for the enlightenment

Stack, Rioli, junior, Bolton, Shedda, Baker, George and Aarts can all run through that small fwd role.
Aarts and Cantstandya are s**t

Stack maybe but not quick enough, prefer mid for him
Riloli will play half back
MRJ Yes
Bolton Mid
Shedda Mid
Baker Back/Mid

I like the pick of Clarke. You want lighting quick as a small forward that can finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty is fairly short too - Cumberland still the on the list.

The lack of key forward stands out to me even more than our lack or ruckman before last season - its just not a great strategy.

wtf happened to Blake Schlensog. - wasn't he all the rage?

Yeah while missing most of our midfield from round 3 onwards our ruckman for the whole season and our other ruckman for half the season. Was only 13 months ago we smashed every other finals side in clearances.

You know what else we’ve done since 2017, won 3 flags and made a prelim. Not a lot of chances for those kids to prove a lot.
Stop talking sense in here it’s not the place for it

I know nothing about the juniors apart from what people say on here or the phantom drafts here & there

Looks like 4 of our 5 picks were around the top 30 mark so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Just that we only have Tom & Jack as key forwards & that’s it ! So I guess there was no one around they wanted to use a pick on or , well I have no idea what the plan is

Anyway welcome to Tigerland boys , let’s hope you all have long careers in the yellow & black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wonder if we are aggressive here, package 2 of those picks and look to grab either 22, 23, or 24.

Sonsie has been linked to us for a while, time to make a play and grab him. Hawks really keen.
Glad we didn't. Got him anyway and kept #30 in the process making Clarke essentially a free hit

Guys don’t worry about it. Every year when I think we’ve drafted well it’s been a shocker and vice versa. Thought it was pretty average this year so it’s bound to be the best draft haul we’ve ever had.
Yep, I punched the air the day we drafted Deledio, Tambling, Meyer and Pattison. Turned my nose up at using #3 for D Martin - thought he was a bit of a dill at Castlemaine

don't know why we traded so much to move up if this was the haul we wanted though
We only had 6 list spots available so needed to combine two draft picks for one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back