Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
I'm on episode 3 and not totally sold. The landscapes look amazing, though. Rosamund Pike is awesome in everything and this is no different.
I love the idea of releasing episodes one week at a time, I dunno how many episodes there are, but I'll keep watching. Hopefully Amazon sticks with the show long enough to complete the story.
Sorry to quote your post twice, but not sorry.

If you're interested, this is the pilot that got created a few years ago by the company who had to rush to beat the copyright.

Has Billy Zane in it, if that gets your juices flowing. Might serve as a little bit of back-story since it actually covers the prologue of Eye of the World (1st book).

Was some other productions made as fan-media around the same time, but I'll post those after I'm sure the current series has progressed beyond the story-line covered.

Last edited:
It was 4 years ago he didn't do anything illegal

Wish we held our politicians to the same standards we hold our sportsman to

Sponsorship dollars and marketing to kids screws sportsmen....and a fairly long history of sportsman acting like irresponsible knobs. Politicians have about as much respect as a bush tick does, nothing they can do is enough to tarnish the turd.

They sat on it for 4 years and probably happy to let it out now that they're done with him anyway.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda

On Tuesday, November 23 at 10:21 p.m. PST, Falcon 9 launched NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) mission to an interplanetary transfer orbit from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E) at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. DART is humanity’s first planetary defense test mission to see if intentionally crashing a spacecraft into an asteroid is an effective way to change its course, should an Earth-threatening asteroid be discovered in the future. This was SpaceX’s first inter-planetary mission.

As an interesting aside to that story above, star of Armaggedon in which a similar project was undertaken was reticent tto get involved again with NASA.
Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-25T14-39-16.811Z.png

NASA invited movie star Bruce Willis to the launch of a spacecraft that’s gonna smash into an asteroid to see if we could deflect a killer space rock — that’s the plot to Willis’s 1998 “Armageddon,” for those keeping score — but he apparently had better things to do.

Last edited:

On Tuesday, November 23 at 10:21 p.m. PST, Falcon 9 launched NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) mission to an interplanetary transfer orbit from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E) at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. DART is humanity’s first planetary defense test mission to see if intentionally crashing a spacecraft into an asteroid is an effective way to change its course, should an Earth-threatening asteroid be discovered in the future. This was SpaceX’s first inter-planetary mission.

As an interesting aside to that story above, star of Armaggedon in which a similar project was undertaken was reticent tto get involved again with NASA.View attachment 1287558

NASA invited movie star Bruce Willis to the launch of a spacecraft that’s gonna smash into an asteroid to see if we could deflect a killer space rock — that’s the plot to Willis’s 1998 “Armageddon,” for those keeping score — but he apparently had better things to do.

It would only be fitting that some egotistical billionaire ended life on earth trying to defy the natural order of things. Musk will probably * this up.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
It would only be fitting that some egotistical billionaire ended life on earth trying to defy the natural order of things. Musk will probably fu** this up.
Billionaires in general...Yes! I couldn't agree more...but if I have a guilty pleasure ..its a bit of a man crush on Elon . i will defend him only by saying that it is not SPACEX and Elon running this Asteroid Deflection show but NASA...they simply outsourced the launch to SPACEX as it is way cheaper! The rest of the mission is entirely NASA...even to the point that for the next 9 -10 months travel time any info or update is accessed entirely through NASA. The crash into the Asteriod executed by NASA...That will a fairly exciting piece of footage....lol! That will be in September 22 I believe!

Billionaires in general...Yes! I couldn't agree more...but if I have a guilty pleasure ..its a bit of a man crush on Elon . i will defend him only by saying that it is not SPACEX and Elon running this Asteroid Deflection show but NASA...they simply outsourced the launch to SPACEX as it is way cheaper! The rest of the mission is entirely NASA...even to the point that for the next 9 -10 months travel time any info or update is accessed entirely through NASA. The crash into the Asteriod executed by NASA...That will a fairly exciting piece of footage....lol! That will be in September 22 I believe!

Yeah, I don't mind Musk, he's a futurist and an eccentric at least. Bezos is a dip s**t. His petty utensil-rocket looked like someone getting a spacecraft to keep up with the in-crowd and his workers making something subversive to have a laugh behind his back.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, I don't mind Musk, he's a futurist and an eccentric at least. Bezos is a dip sh*t. His petty utensil-rocket looked like someone getting a spacecraft to keep up with the in-crowd and his workers making something subversive to have a laugh behind his back.
I love that Elon is rich as * but doesn't give a s**t. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy a Tesla, they don't just look like a good electric car but they they look like a great car period.

This Tweet is one I think about more than I should, but given who it came from and who it's directed at just cracks me up.

I love that Elon is rich as fu** but doesn't give a sh*t. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy a Tesla, they don't just look like a good electric car but they they look like a great car period.

This Tweet is one I think about more than I should, but given who it came from and who it's directed at just cracks me up.

My in laws have one of the little ones, it's awesome to drive. EV will take over pretty soon. He's ordered a model S but takes ages to get deliver. My mother in law passed away earlier in the year and the old man swapped his Benz for hers and is now a full convert. He was going to buy a Benz electric but loves the simplicity of Tesla. The little one has pretty ordinary build quality but is a joy to drive. They brake as you take your foot off the accelerator and power away like a slingshot.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I love that Elon is rich as fu** but doesn't give a sh*t. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy a Tesla, they don't just look like a good electric car but they they look like a great car period.

Too bad that every single one of his projects since the Tesla electric car has been snake oil.

'I'm gonna build an 800mph train under the city, it's so easy'

... builds a 1-mile long single lane car tunnel that serves as nothing other than a glorified 20mph taxi service with RGB lighting after 4 years.

Last edited:
Too bad that every single one of his projects since the Tesla electric car has been snake oil.

... builds a 1-mile long single lane car tunnel that serves as nothing other than a glorified 20mph taxi service with RGB lighting after 4 years.

He's a whack job that's for sure but he's like a Willy Wonka type cat. Does weird s**t when he's smoked too much weed.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda

I will take your word for it! ha! ha!

Last edited:

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I guess what I'm saying its simply a matter of perspective and a creative mind! Elon has a particularly creative outlook.
Yes, and eventually one gets found out if you have absolutely zero understanding of physics / thermodynamics when selling pie-in-the-sky dreams.

Elon is going to become this chick one day when dopey governments realise they've been shamwow'd repeatedly:

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, I don't mind Musk, he's a futurist and an eccentric at least. Bezos is a dip sh*t. His petty utensil-rocket looked like someone getting a spacecraft to keep up with the in-crowd and his workers making something subversive to have a laugh behind his back.
Agreed. When I was writing the post about ELON etc I was going to launch into a tirade about BEZOS, GATES AND A few of the others...but i held back as it would have become bogged down in world social issues. Too heavy etc for my mood...not a fan of BEZOS or GATES...and I know they certainly don't give a flying fickle finger about me or 99per cent of the world unless your a means to a new market , or a means to expanding their grasp.....not for a minute saying ElON is without sin but he reveals a number of redeeming qualities about himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back