2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

******* terrible from the directors at the end.

Had to watch the Bottas/Ocon battle for third via the timing graphic. We knew for ages Hamilton was winning the race, show us the sprint to the line for third ffs.

Never seen a driver walk off during podium celebrations and sums up just how much of petulant child Verstappen really is. To see him choke at the dying seconds of qualifying was def one of the highlights of the season for me. From day one he's always been mentally suspect, and explains why he always resorts to driving dirty. The fact I'm cheering on Hamilton – a driver I've never liked till this year – is an indication just how much I hate that little turd.

How can you claim “brake checked” on a sweeping open turn, with 3 car widths of space, under normal racing conditions?

I can’t see any other scenario where the driver in Hamilton position doesn’t get a penalty for dangerous driving?

What if Max had a puncture or gear box problem? He didn’t even jam the brakes, just pulled it right up.

From that point on, Max‘s car was well off its original pace - why isn’t that a penalty to Hamilton?

Had to watch the Bottas/Ocon battle for third via the timing graphic. We knew for ages Hamilton was winning the race, show us the sprint to the line for third ffs.
losing volume during crucial question in Verstappen's interview was good too

losing volume during crucial question in Verstappen's interview was good too
Wonder if any of the flogs in the commentary who went from “it probably looked like he was letting him past” to “He BraKeD ChKeCd HiM!!?” have the balls to put that directly to Max.

I mean they hung him because his engineer was advising him that he shouldnt have re-let Hamilton past - “SEE! EVEN HIS ENGINEER IS TELLING HIM BRAKE CHECKING WASNT NECCESSARY“

Insanely biased commentary when their true colours came out in the last 15 laps

Never seen a driver walk off during podium celebrations and sums up just how much of petulant child Verstappen really is. To see him choke at the dying seconds of qualifying was def one of the highlights of the season for me. From day one he's always been mentally suspect, and explains why he always resorts to driving dirty. The fact I'm cheering on Hamilton – a driver I've never liked till this year – is an indication just how much I hate that little turd.
Yeah didn't look good for Max on the podium. If that was Hamilton, the board would have had a meltdown (and I would have happily joined in).

Yep this pissed me right off, was looking forward to that final podium spot battle that had been building for laps.

Seen it plenty of times from people including Hamilton. At least he turned up to the podium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah didn't look good for Max on the podium. If that was Hamilton, the board would have had a meltdown (and I would have happily joined in).
yeah, what better than to hang out with 3 members of the team that got the majority of luck/FIA judgement, who got no real penalties for multiple impeding faster cars, were allowed to leave ridiculous spaces on formations, deliberate sandbagging to double stack under safety, and as I believe - drove into the back of another car (his own) after he was told directly from the FIA director to let Hamilton past..

I can’t blame him tbh

Watching post race, Paul Diresta is incredibly perplexed why Hamilton didn’t just go around him?

Damon Hill backtracking on his brake testing, and saying Hamilton must have been confused.

Paul Diresta still has no idea wtf was Lewis doing.

The little midget dude in front of the TV has nailed it - Hamilton didn’t want to go past because he would give DRS to Max.

Helmut:
"Our engineers are preparing that we can prove Max was constant with his braking, he didn't brake test like Hamilton said,” Marko told Autosport in Jeddah following the race.

“Then he crashed into our car, he unfortunately put two cuts in the rear tyre. That was so severe that we couldn't attack anymore. We had to take speed out."

Looking at the replay again, I don't understand why Hamilton just didn't overtake Max. Why slow up behind him, it's a ******* race!?

Playing chicken with the DRS line I reckon.
Didn't want to overtake then let Max stay close. The opposite was also true, max didn't want to let him through and give him the DRS tow. He slowed enough, Ham still didnt pass... so he slowed even more... and chaos insues.

If Merc didnt inform Ham well thats their problem. You can't choose where you do and don't get the place back. Its racing.

Playing chicken with the DRS line I reckon.
Didn't want to overtake then let Max stay close. The opposite was also true, max didn't want to let him through and give him the DRS tow. He slowed enough, Ham still didnt pass... so he slowed even more... and chaos insues.

If Merc didnt inform Ham well thats their problem. You can't choose where you do and don't get the place back. Its racing.

If you're slowing down to hand the place back - it's probably not optimum to do so while in the middle of the track. It's also probably not advisable to brake in the middle of the track while doing so.

Hamilton was definitely contributing to it though because he wanted the DRS after the turn. I would have written this off as a misunderstanding with no penalties, you get the feeling the stewards handed out a penalty (with no effect on the final standings) because they are getting a bit sick of Verstappen's aggressive and borderline driving.

Let's hope Abu Dhabi goes off without incident (lol) - but there is such a big chance of Senna/Prost Mk II next Sunday...

If you're slowing down to hand the place back - it's probably not optimum to do so while in the middle of the track. It's also probably not advisable to brake in the middle of the track while doing so.

Hamilton was definitely contributing to it though because he wanted the DRS after the turn. I would have written this off as a misunderstanding with no penalties, you get the feeling the stewards handed out a penalty (with no effect on the final standings) because they are getting a bit sick of Verstappen's aggressive and borderline driving.

Let's hope Abu Dhabi goes off without incident (lol) - but there is such a big chance of Senna/Prost Mk II next Sunday...

Yep, I would almost guarantee Verstappen would've been handed a 5 second penalty if Bottas was 9 seconds behind. Or no penalty if Bottas was under 5s.

FIA handing out penalties like a wet fish. They had an opportunity to "go hard" on someone without having any consequence and so took it.

If Max somehow gets pole in Abu Dhabi but Ham has the faster race car......oh boy... it's going to be intense.

Could be another Michael Schumacher / Villeneuve type of situation and a DQ from the drivers championship coming..... Really there's no point just letting Ham through on his rocket ship, as soon as he has track position it's over and Max / RBR know that. Can't really blame them for being overly aggressive in that scenario.

But seriously how did Bottas not cop a penalty? That was as textbook as it gets... I think that one got ignored as it ultimately didnt impact the championship.

But it did cost Ocon a podium so they'd be spewing.

Helmut:
"Our engineers are preparing that we can prove Max was constant with his braking, he didn't brake test like Hamilton said,” Marko told Autosport in Jeddah following the race.

Telemetry has proven that there was significant slowing from Verstappen's car (according to the report, 69 bar resulting in 2.4g deceleration).

But here you are relying on Helmut Marko of all things.

Yep, absolute joke.

Think unfortunately a lot of the problems stem from Charlie Whiting's sudden passing. Michael Masi isn't cut out for it, he's inconsistent and it appears at times he's afraid even of the top teams.

I don't think Charlie would've tolerated the kind of crap we've seen from Silverstone onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back