PS5 Horizon: Forbidden West

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got the platinum earlier. Will definitely be going for the 100% in-game completion now.

My only negative about the game was the underhwelming set-up for the next game. It feels like a rehash of what was expected this game except times two.

The sound of up close headshots is unbelievably satisfying in this game.
The sound of knocking off some huge parts from robots up close is just as good. but a few times ive done it in that slow-mo thing and felt the room move from the sub.

Kotallo: There's plenty for the both of us, may the best Tenakth win!
* Aloy takes down Tremortusk *
Kotallo: It still only counts as one!

That and the Helms Deep-esque wall explosion gives heavy LotR vibes! No doubt taken their inspiration from there. Even the look on old mate's face matched Theodon's.

Returnal was cool but I don’t have the time to keep relaying parts of it.
That’s the game though, slightly different each time while you slowly progress in skill, knowledge & power. No run is the same. The story progresses too as this occurs.

I recon rogue likes are awesome once your perspective changes that it’s not repeating but progressing. Then, bang, thru the wall and onto new level etc.

That’s the game though, slightly different each time while you slowly progress in skill, knowledge & power. No run is the same. The story progresses too as this occurs.

I recon rogue likes are awesome once your perspective changes that it’s not repeating but progressing. Then, bang, thru the wall and onto new level etc.

That's when the penny finally dropped for me with rogue likes. Death isn't failure. It's a part of the game and you get up and go again.

What do you mean by rogue likes?

Got to the first tallneck last night. Got killed by the f**king
SkyDrifter and Scroungers.
about 10 times. I love how aggressive some of the machines get. but some of them right now have instakill attacks.
I like the Burrowers but the sonic attack preventing you from doing anything for a few seconds has got me killed before.

Even the returning machines they have changed up in fun new ways.
Just got past that bit. Took a few shots at the SD without inflicting much damage, then the Sc decided to join in, and the SD inexplicably disappeared...made it pretty easy...

Never wound up playing Frozen Wilds, so came in thinking my ability to hit anything consistently with the bow would have departed completely. Thankfully Guerilla have been kind with the difficulty curve.

Still in the Daunt at this stage, tossing up whether to push onto the Embassy or clear out a few more of the side quests.
I'm right into this game and the original...I clear out every damned thing before moving on...!

What do you mean by rogue likes?
It’s a style of game that returnal is. I get confused with roguelite/roguelike but basically you keep resetting your progress but things change, you change, it gets easier and you succeed. From Soft games share some traits, the player learning is actually the major benefit of the “replay”, plus no run is actually the same anyway.

It’s a style of game that returnal is. I get confused with roguelite/roguelike but basically you keep resetting your progress but things change, you change, it gets easier and you succeed. From Soft games share some traits, the player learning is actually the major benefit of the “replay”, plus no run is actually the same anyway.
Ah I’ve never heard of the style called that. Deathloop is the same isn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive done 3 cauldrons now [3 if you count the story one] and love that they have all felt and played different.

Pretty much what makes this game feel like the best overall open world experience to me. Cauldrons are unique, Bandit Camps are unique and have lore tied to them now, Ruins are fun to problem solve, Tallnecks are unique and really fun to do, Fight Pits & Arena, Mario Kart Simulator and then that's not including all the actual side missions which are actually interesting and as good as the main story

Pretty much what makes this game feel like the best overall open world experience to me. Cauldrons are unique, Bandit Camps are unique and have lore tied to them now, Ruins are fun to problem solve, Tallnecks are unique and really fun to do, Fight Pits & Arena, Mario Kart Simulator and then that's not including all the actual side missions which are actually interesting and as good as the main story
Ive played like 50-60hrs and dont think i have played a mission either main, side or errand that i have felt like i have played earlier in the game, everything is changed up enough to feel different either in set-up or enemy types.

And a few times ive been walking and seen a clearing and thought to myself. Yeah im about to walk into a trap, or i can hear giant steps over the hill and gone. nope im going another way.

The side quests in this game are excellent, I love how they have categorised them as well so you know what is a basic fetch quest etc.
They're done so well in this, you actually feel like they're part of the main story. Characters have a lot of depth to them, they're unique, the dialog changes depending on other quests you've done.

I'm someone who explores an area and does all of the side missions before progressing but even after 50 hours, I still have so much available to me at each stage.

I'm getting pretty invested in the story now.
I love having a base and companions. Every time I go back I spend like half an hour going through all the dialog with everyone.

Rockbreakers can still go EAD though.

This Lost Supplies salvage mission seems to be bugged. I get off the Bristleback and he just wanders off without digging up s**t. I saw someone in the gamefaqs forum with the same issue but no answers to it.

Edit: Just noticed I have 2 supplies in my inventory. Maybe it's just not registering that I've done that area. Will go back and do the last area, hopefully it completes the mission.

Edit 2: Turns out that you can't have the override set to aggressive, if you have that skill. Works with a defensive override.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back