Discussion The Parlous State of SFA Match Threads.

Are SFA match threads at an all time low?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello SFA brethren,

On this day, Sunday the 13th March 2022 in the S33 season of the SFA I am calling it. The heart and soul of the SFA, the match thread has officially died. Just when this happened, I don't know but I know for certain that they have lost their lustre and most weeks have turned into an absolute bore and snore fest! As an SFA veteran starting way back in S23, I feel I have the knowledge and ability to state this. I know what you are thinking, but Tony you are still so young, hot and good looking. While this is true I have somehow digressed.

Recently in the OOB team PM I made this startling revelation...

Guys can we commit to raising the standard of match threads if this gets up? In my opinion they are at an all time low. Utter tripe right now and we have the chance to lift that from where they are currently at.

In my humble opinion the subtle art of the match thread has disappeared. I blame the so called club leaders for not schooling the newer posters on what that is and therefore most people nowadays just aimlessly posting things for the sake of it. There is very little club to club banter and even less confrontation in a match thread that gets the juices flowing. Sadly they are now just another platform to post anything you feel without giving any regard to how you can engage the opposition and take down some prime posters.

I know this will draw criticism and derision from the likes of NaturalDisaster who will point out that "Tony says this every season". While this may be true there is no denying right now things are at a level that I have not seen in my time on the board. Utterly ******* awful.

It is beholden on all of us, the current custodians of this great game to raise the level and do something to change this current malaise.

Tony xoxo.

Hello SFA brethren,

On this day, Sunday the 13th March 2022 in the S33 season of the SFA I am calling it. The heart and soul of the SFA, the match thread has officially died. Just when this happened, I don't know but I know for certain that they have lost their lustre and most weeks have turned into an absolute bore and snore fest! As an SFA veteran starting way back in S23, I feel I have the knowledge and ability to state this. I know what you are thinking, but Tony you are still so young, hot and good looking. While this is true I have somehow digressed.

Recently in the OOB team PM I made this startling revelation...

Guys can we commit to raising the standard of match threads if this gets up? In my opinion they are at an all time low. Utter tripe right now and we have the chance to lift that from where they are currently at.

In my humble opinion the subtle art of the match thread has disappeared. I blame the so called club leaders for not schooling the newer posters on what that is and therefore most people nowadays just aimlessly posting things for the sake of it. There is very little club to club banter and even less confrontation in a match thread that gets the juices flowing. Sadly they are now just another platform to post anything you feel without giving any regard to how you can engage the opposition and take down some prime posters.

I know this will draw criticism and derision from the likes of NaturalDisaster who will point out that "Tony says this every season". While this may be true there is no denying right now things are at a level that I have not seen in my time on the board. Utterly ******* awful.

It is beholden on all of us, the current custodians of this great game to raise the level and do something to change this current malaise.

Tony xoxo.

Maybe start them mid-week?

teams are resorting to bullshit general discussion banter, stupid games and irl posting ruins it. The royals have been great this week as they actually lean into the fantasy side and are entertaining enough to not start GD chat

Checks fixture

c5f.gif

Also in today's news - the sky is blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start them on a Wednesday rather than Monday.

Except it's not the posting levels on Tuesday nights that are the issue with engagement. It's the posting quality on Friday evenings & Saturdays.

By starting threads later we will have even less time to have quality banter before match threads degenerate into Beer, Music & other General discussion topics.

If anything-- I'd advocate for match threads starting earlier (say 6pm on Sunday) with matches being posted on a Friday night.

Except it's not the posting levels on Tuesday nights that are the issue with engagement. It's the posting quality on Friday evenings & Saturdays.

By starting threads later we will have even less time to have quality banter before match threads degenerate into Beer, Music & other General discussion topics.

If anything-- I'd advocate for match threads starting earlier (say 6pm on Sunday) with matches being posted on a Friday night.
I agree that there is too much beer, music and other general discussion topics that are ruining match threads. If you want to change the day the matches are posted then fine. If they continue to be posted on a Sunday then I believe Wednesday is the right balance for when they should start.

I agree that there is too much beer, music and other general discussion topics that are ruining match threads. If you want to change the day the matches are posted then fine. If they continue to be posted on a Sunday then I believe Wednesday is the right balance for when they should start.

So a short & sharp 4 day banter fest.

I'd be keen for this.

Puts more focus onto each match for quality banter and then time for a break between matches for media, team threads, the non SFA related games (Whether that's Werewolf, Song Contest, 20 Questions, Top 10 lists, etc) could occur during the down time.

Oh

I didn’t know people were incapable of quality banter on Mondays and Tuesdays.

If you read the discussion between TL15 and I, it's not about when in the week people are capable of posting quality banter ( I for one think banter is better earlier in the week and straight up mediocre on Friday & Saturdays), it's the length of a match thread.

We don't need 5-6 days in a match thread with another team, it gets drawn out and there's nothing new to add.

A 4 day match thread would be sufficient and more enjoyable in my opinion.

However-- unlike TL15, I think match threads should start at the same time and end on Friday afternoons/evenings.

Oh

I didn’t know people were incapable of quality banter on Mondays and Tuesdays.

You are incapable of reading and comprehending. We currently finish a match thread on a Sunday night only for the next one to start the very next day. There is no time for it to breathe. No time for some banter in the results thread or for media. Posters start off like a steam train yet come Friday and Saturday there are tumbleweeds.

You are incapable of reading and comprehending. We currently finish a match thread on a Sunday night only for the next one to start the very next day. There is no time for it to breathe. No time for some banter in the results thread or for media. Posters start off like a steam train yet come Friday and Saturday there are tumbleweeds.

Some like later match threads, others like early threads. The beauty of this league is that there is no obligation to post every day.

Having earlier match threads pleases both parties, its not all about you and what you want Tony.

Why do we need to start on Wednesday's, this is a fake Fantasy forum and people should do what the heck they want.

One fix for mine would be the removal of anyone under 21 in the Sweet FA. We need grown ups that are capable of good banter.

You can all come at me as I don't give a heck but I believe that Baghdad consistently try's to create banter and angst and at the end of the week we plays tunes to unwind after the week. I see no problem with it and if you don't like then just tune off on Fridays.

Back