News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If what Bevo said was true?

You think Tom Morris is out to destroy the Bulldogs?

Instead of going after the reporter how about he concerns himself with finding out the person who leaks information to the reporter?

Or the Journo could follow a bit more of an ethical process when leaking unconfirmed information

But yeah, you keep sticking blindly into bevo.

it is possible you know that both are at fault.

Journalists don't have free rein to find stories by any means necessary. They have a code of conduct to follow like everyone else - they can be sacked or suffer legal consequences for breaching it. Whether he has done this remains to be seen - Bevo clearly thinks he has breached it.

Someone from the bulldogs calls Tom Morris and tells him a senior player is being left out of the team, he reports it.

You think there will be legal consequences for that?

Maybe for the bulldogs when Beveridge finds out who it was and sacks them.

Poll is interesting, nearly 50% of people want Bevo suspended. He obviously lost his temper but I don’t think he did anything worth a sanction? Gave the journos and socials plenty of juicy material and even Chief has put away the home brand cheese!

Beveridge is kidding himself if he thinks journalists would call a head coach and tell them they've got a leak.
If you listen to the press conference, Bevo mentions that others (and uses the example of Sam Edmund) do something very similar - they call Adrian Ceddia (head of communications)

You’d also think that the moment they knew they weren’t playing Hunter they’d have had a chat. I know a few players from different clubs and when they’ve been in a run of poor form they’ve been given the heads up mid week that the club could go another way and be prepared for reserves football. Dropping a veteran or established player isn’t usually done at the team meeting. Or even dropping an fringe player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call him out for what? For proving that his source was correct? If a journalist reporting on team news unsettles the whole club, then there are much deeper issues.

Embarrassing stuff from Bevo.
I understand if something personal that should be kept private was reported on, but team news/changes? Is there anything more insignificant to drag a journalist about? And wouldn't the anger be directed to the one leaking it to Morris?

I suspect the club won't be very happy with Bevo.

Agree, who cares about ifs and buts over a selection.

Is Bevo a control freak??

Melbourne still had a similar team, likewise Bulldogs, sounds like Bevo is reaching for a distraction

Someone at the club can always say we are not releasing any info.

Either way, Bevo did not have to have a cow

Or the Journo could follow a bit more of an ethical process when leaking unconfirmed information

But yeah, you keep sticking blindly into bevo.

it is possible you know what both are at fault.

Sticking blindly into Bevo? Did watch him act like a child last night?

Morris is a grub but stories about players getting dropped happen every week yet nobody carries on the way Bevo did.

No, His job is to find out and report verified/confirmed news. Above that he has an obligation to confirm/notify clubs of running with leaked news.

He doesn't have too, but this is what happens when you don't.

Reporters need to manage their relationship with clubs. There are ethics involved in journalism.

he should at a minimum at least told the dogs he was doing it, so they were aware. Especially after what happened last year.

I don't agree with this at all.

As the customer, I think it's absurd that an independent journalist would run a story by the subject each time.

The concept of the relationship between clubs and reports has zero to do with the greater good of journalism. That's incredibly naive. That's purely to benefit the journalist and the club - not us who expect the actual news.

Just don't feed the Hyenas Luke. It's that simple. He would've cursed himself after that. The last thing you need after a loss. Caro and Sam McClure and these types will be salivating after watching that. It just brings unnecessary heat onto the club. Tom Morris would've loved that. A nothing story and now its everywhere.

How is the reporting of an established senior player not being picked in the 22 “sh*t journalism”.
Every journo if armed with that info is running that story.

It's not an issue PRE-GAME!!

Post game it's garbage journalism that is only intended to stir.

What part of this don't you comprehend?

Agree its a non issue until the club makes it a issue.

Bevo said its a issue so they have issues. Nothing to do with Morris.

The only person it affects is the player(s) concerned and their immediate people near them and really if Bevo has any relationship he can simply say ignore the press until we make a proper release or I let you know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fantastic stat to the post game presser season and congrats to Bevo taking one for the team- to deflect from a very disappointing loss. I guess the Doggies will be fired up for round 2 now.

As for The journo I thought that smiling Hyeena was treated fairly well by Bevo - worse things could be said of what is going on at Fox these days with Gary Lyon front and center - that boke is train wreck and makes Robbo sound almost comprehensible - Gary Lyon and Nick Riwewoldt on the couch and Buckley trying to be all sage about Bevo's outburst having a bit each each way ( as he does in his personal life)...

Fantastic for ratings - Gill and Co will be rubbing hands in glee.

AFL reality TV!

I don't agree with this at all.

As the customer, I think it's absurd that an independent journalist would run a story by the subject each time.

The concept of the relationship between clubs and reports has zero to do with the greater good of journalism. That's incredibly naive. That's purely to benefit the journalist and the club - not us who expect the actual news.

it doesn't concern you or me (the public)

it concerns the player involved who is affected.

Your view is frankly selfish.

other such as Gerard Whatley confirmed that TB at a minimum should have at least notified the club he was making public leaked news. he by no means has to get their approval in doing so but he should ne notifying them so the dogs can make sure the player involved isn't blindsided.

I think it's a fair question to ask about team selection strategy after a loss, considering it may have contributed to the loss.

And you won't know unless you ask.

Maybe it's part of his "bevolution".

If I'm another club coach I'm feeling buoyed by last night.

I'm think the Dogs are brittle and beatable and that there are some internal issues.

Bevo just gave 16 other clubs hope

Dude we get it, you don’t like our club. Give it a rinse seriously 🤣

it doesn't concern you or me (the public)

it concerns the player involved who is affected.

Your view is frankly selfish.

other such as Gerard Whatley confirmed that TB at a minimum should have at least notified the club he was making public leaked news. he by no means has to get their approval in doing so but he should ne notifying them so the dogs can make sure the player involved isn't blindsided.

What broad sheet did Whately work for? I recall him getting his start as a race caller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone from the bulldogs calls Tom Morris and tells him a senior player is being left out of the team, he reports it.

You think there will be legal consequences for that?

Maybe for the bulldogs when Beveridge finds out who it was and sacks them.
You know this for a fact do you? All we really know is Bevo has suggested that the story has been reported in an unethical manner, breaching journalistic standards and code of ethics.

Back