25th anniversary of Collingwoods last game at Kardinia park!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the ridiculous comments here this is the best. The lack of knowledge of everything that's happened over the past 10 years in the AFL is staggering.
Edit- Are you the young man of limited intelligence I stood next to at the 2022 Qualifying Final, half forward flank, Shane Warne Stand?
This is you, you’re the ignorant clowns that pedal the same crap so you can stay advantaged by the draw.
Stay obtuse champ ✌️

Collingwood are smart. They refuse to play at a peanut shaped ground with a tiny crowd capacity.

I think the Hawks have only played maybe 1 or 2 games there in the last couple of decades as well.
Yeah the Hawks much prefer playing HOME games at York Park in front of 10k totally nonplussed Tasmanians. Must be a thrill for all involved I'm sure! That's how you know you've hit the big time.

Can you believe this sxxt , its mind boggling some of the sxxt that people talk about , don’t you guys have something better to talk about instead of Collingwood bashing?

For the record , there is no ground advantage at the mcg , the only home advantage teams are all the interstate teams and Geelong .

There is an easier solution to this problem stop asking to play Collingwood at the Mcg , or you could just stop your fxxkin whining and get on with it

Collingwood this Collingwood that, cry cry cry , go outside and mow the lawn or dig something instead of typing 1000 posts a day

Good

No big 4 club should play there. It’s an atrocious ground. We are more important.

Apparently the new stand cost $142m ($40m over budget) to only to add 4,000 seats with a capacity of a poultry 40,000. Who tf is managing the finances down there?

Good

No big 4 club should play there. It’s an atrocious ground. We are more important.

Apparently the new stand cost $142m ($40m over budget) to only to add 4,000 seats with a capacity of a poultry 40,000. Who tf is managing the finances down there?

It's elitist, "holier than thou" attitudes like yours as to why all of the non MCG tenant clubs want to see you crash and burn for another 40 years.

Imagine being so entitled that you feel TRAVELING TO PLAY AN AWAY GAME is beneath you.
Comes off as completely scared and intimidated by a freaking oval LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comes off as completely scared and intimidated by a freaking oval LOL
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF

Oval?

I would love for the Pies to play at Kardinia Park, when they actually construct a footy ground there.

Last time I went to Geelong Billy Brownless put us out of finals contention with 5 beaut goals and some towering marks, 1991 IIRC. I had to console myself by baiting a rather dim Cats fan who wanted to abuse Daicos for his ethnicity, but it was easy meat, and to their credit the other Catters laughed at him and told him to shut up.

I quite like the Geelong crowd, they're mostly good sports.

Good

40,000 chooks? Ducks? Turkeys? Guinea foul? Spatchcocks? Where is this mass order of poultry coming from? Do falcons count as poultry? I considered them game birds but maybe I’m just old fashioned.

Hopefully with the new stadium they just make it 11 home games at Kardinia Park soon. Its double the capacity of GWS or Tasmanias proposed stadium capacity.

I do wonder if the sentiment amongst Geelong fans who live in Geelong vs in Melbourne is different? Like if Melbourne based Geelong fans care less?
Because Melbourne has a lot of Geelong fans and i wouldn't be surprised it they outnumber the Geelong based fans, as everyone living in Geelong is not going to be a Geelong supporter or follow footy. And you cant tell on a forum if a Geelong fan is from Geelong or Melbourne to gauged sentiment. But say 60% of Geelong fans were living in the Melbourne metro, could that factor be at play for Geelong games being MCG based against the bigger teams to satisfy that faction of the fan base. I would say in Melbourne i bumb into Geelong supporters more often than North, Dogs or Saints supporters. So i assume they have a big melbourne metro fan base. Just a thought...

When the dividends get handed out at the end of the year, the Pies are at the bottom of the pile and the reason why there is so much money to give GWS, the Suns and Saints a leg up is because of the funds generated by the MCG games which incidentally the opposition clubs request. Already the AFL would be down on funds this year because of the zero round being at that weird stadium in the west where hardly anyone turned up yesterday.

Hawks get less than the pies despite having a worse fixture every year

Hopefully with the new stadium they just make it 11 home games at Kardinia Park soon. Its double the capacity of GWS or Tasmanias proposed stadium capacity.

I do wonder if the sentiment amongst Geelong fans who live in Geelong vs in Melbourne is different? Like if Melbourne based Geelong fans care less?
Because Melbourne has a lot of Geelong fans and i wouldn't be surprised it they outnumber the Geelong based fans, as everyone living in Geelong is not going to be a Geelong supporter or follow footy. And you cant tell on a forum if a Geelong fan is from Geelong or Melbourne to gauged sentiment. But say 60% of Geelong fans were living in the Melbourne metro, could that factor be at play for Geelong games being MCG based against the bigger teams to satisfy that faction of the fan base. I would say in Melbourne i bumb into Geelong supporters more often than North, Dogs or Saints supporters. So i assume they have a big melbourne metro fan base. Just a thought...

Melbourne based Cats fan here. If we want to see Geelong in Melbourne we can see them play an away game. Two or three home games in Melbourne makes little difference since we know our team is not a Melbourne team.

There was a time when Geelong seemed to be more half/half Geelong/Melbourne but with the expanded stand and the increase in population in the region they have become more Geelong/Surf coast focused.

Dude the AFL loses money any time a big 4 goes there. Geelong is literally a liability to the game.

You had $142m to sort the capacity out and you did f all with it.

Not sure about 2023 but in 2022 the AFL’s financial report put their financial profit from attendance at $4 million.

Across 9 games per round plus 9 finals this works out to be what, a profit of $20,000 a game.

So a few thousand either side of that is what it’s costing the game.

Gee I’m sure the AFL big wigs are gathering the world’s foremost economic experts to try and solve that one for the 1-2 rounds every few years when your s**t truck mob of yellow and black low breeds hitch hike their way down the highway to steal chocolate bars from the Corio Bay 7-11.

Well thought through, as always.

Not sure about 2023 but in 2022 the AFL’s financial report put their financial profit from attendance at $4 million.

Across 9 games per round plus 9 finals this works out to be what, a profit of $20,000 a game.

So a few thousand either side of that is what it’s costing the game.

Gee I’m sure the AFL big wigs are gathering the world’s foremost economic experts to try and solve that one for the 1-2 rounds every few years when your s**t truck mob of yellow and black low breeds hitch hike their way down the highway to steal chocolate bars from the Corio Bay 7-11.

Well thought through, as always.

Stop feeding it mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back