Public vs Private School funding

Remove this Banner Ad

All the research suggests that paying for private school does nothing to improve a students academic outcomes. If you took all those private school kids and put them into the public system they would stil be getting the same academic results and be able to get into the same institutions that they do.

The linked article doesn't support your claim.

this isn't about class
article showing it is
that article is wrong

the data shows that private vs public isn't the key difference maker in academic performance

this article is just one example of that
The article supports what I've been saying. A big part of why you send kids to private school is to get away from the dickheads and therefore recieve a good education. The flip side is you shouldn’t have to send your children to a private school because the public school system don’t have consequences for the actions of some students. It is not fair for the kids getting dragged down by their actions. If it were up to me the public system would be multi tiered, including a military style school for the feral kids. Call it classist, whatever. Let them spend a term being taught how to behave with lots of physical activities and consequences for not doing the right thing. Most children would learn pretty quickly, nothing cruel or against the law just firm behavioural management. Let teachers teach the kids that can behave.

The article supports what I've been saying. A big part of why you send kids to private school is to get away from the dickheads and therefore recieve a good education. The flip side is you shouldn’t have to send your children to a private school because the public school system don’t have consequences for the actions of some students. It is not fair for the kids getting dragged down by their actions. If it were up to me the public system would be multi tiered, including a military style school for the feral kids. Call it classist, whatever. Let them spend a term being taught how to behave with lots of physical activities and consequences for not doing the right thing. Most children would learn pretty quickly, nothing cruel or against the law just firm behavioural management. Let teachers teach the kids that can behave.
so you're a fascist cool

so you're a fascist cool

youre talking about someone who thought THE KRAKEN was gunna get Trump back in as president

dude is more cooked than a charcoal black steak

You are against disciplining those dragging down to the entire system?
I'm against your attitude towards kids and sending the "troublemakers" to military school
Its bullshit fascist crap, your views on public school kids is horrendous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to public school and have opinions on how to improve it.
Yeah by shipping the kids you don't like off to military school.
* right off with that thanks bye

Proving a negative?

Tell me, have you heard of the phrase, 'burden of proof' before?
I’ve gotta tell you. I love this post. A-lot

I’ve gotta warn you though, due process, burden of proof, starting presumption of innocence etc are the targets of woke destruction. They’ll end up coming for you. It’s a good thing you won’t be alone. :D

I’ve gotta warn you though, due process, burden of proof, starting presumption of innocence etc are the targets of woke destruction. They’ll end up coming for you. It’s a good thing you won’t be alone. :D
It's funny; you're not the first person to tell me that any abberance from supposed orthodoxy will result in 'them' coming for me.

Hasn't happened yet, though. Could be that you're wrong when you look at how we view ideological purity over here, Opine.

Welcome to the revolution comrade

It's funny; you're not the first person to tell me that any abberance from supposed orthodoxy will result in 'them' coming for me.

Hasn't happened yet, though. Could be that you're wrong when you look at how we view ideological purity over here, Opine.
Maybe. Time will tell.

Putting school funding aside for a moment (it's simply a mechanism for the Libs/Nats to pump cash back to their voting base) can we all take a moment to laugh at anyone sending their kids to private school?

$35k a year for a school with a more uncomfortable uniform and an in-house pedophile? GTFO.

I've just been putting the $ into an account in trust for my little bloke instead. When he turns 18 he will have more than enough in their pay for a full fee degree if he's so inclined, or buy a business if hes not.

Putting school funding aside for a moment (it's simply a mechanism for the Libs/Nats to pump cash back to their voting base) can we all take a moment to laugh at anyone sending their kids to private school?

$35k a year for a school with a more uncomfortable uniform and an in-house pedophile? GTFO.

I've just been putting the $ into an account in trust for my little bloke instead. When he turns 18 he will have more than enough in their pay for a full fee degree if he's so inclined, or buy a business if hes not.
You think there are/were no pedophiles in the public system?

You think there are/were no pedophiles in the public system?
There has always been the odd rock spider teacher, but religious orders are a veritable nest of pedos so with private schools they own and run the show.

Go private and you are greatly increasing the chance of your kids getting molested.

Fact.

There has always been the odd rock spider teacher, but religious orders are a veritable nest of pedos so with private schools they own and run the show.

Go private and you are greatly increasing the chance of your kids getting molested.

Fact.
No arguments about religious orders and the history of abuse, but to say there has only been the "odd rock spider" in public schools highlights how little you know. The government (Department of Ed) has managed to keep it under wraps.

No arguments about religious orders and the history of abuse, but to say there has only been the "odd rock spider" in public schools highlights how little you know. The government (Department of Ed) has managed to keep it under wraps.
Im not downplaying pedo teacher numbers.
Even one is too many.
There are more in private than public however (even if simply by virtue of a higher % of men teaching in private).

My point is private schools have the added clergy there too.

Im not downplaying pedo teacher numbers.
Even one is too many.
There are more in private than public however (even if simply by virtue of a higher % of men teaching in private).

My point is private schools have the added clergy there too.
Agree that one is too many, but to say sending children to private schools today exposes them to a higher risk of being molested is wrong and offensive.

You'd be struggling to find any clergy teaching in schools today. The Christian Brothers, who were arguably the worst, no longer exist as an order, at least in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back