Autopsy Round 7, 2022: Hawks fail against Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

******* gutsy. Capable of winning that with a bit more polish. Respectable given not many would have had us getting as close as we did.

We're far closer to a flag than a spoon.

LMAO @ the AFL headline...'Depleted D's'
It's great....they seem to have no idea who our missing personnel are, let's keep it on the quiet side. Hahaha!
Both sides were missing 5 players* from their best 22 but only the Dees were depleted, it's important to remember. ;)

*plus we rested Ward and DGB.

Did you hear that campaigner on channel 7 do the game summary just now - didn’t mention one hawks player and only talked about 5 players out and how good Oliver and Brayshaw were
Same now on Fox.

Five players out plus the coach. No mention of Hawks outs.

Bucks did say the players who came in were better than the ones who missed, but he was only saying it re: their depth.

Did you hear that campaigner on channel 7 do the game summary just now - didn’t mention one hawks player and only talked about 5 players out and how good Oliver and Brayshaw were
Yep utterly disgusting coverage. Just mentioned it to my mates. They didn't win by 10 goals ya peanut the game was evenly matched. I swear these blokes just see what they want to see and just ignore the rest of the game.

Same now on Fox.

Five players out plus the coach. No mention of Hawks outs.

Bucks did say the players who came in were better than the ones who missed, but he was only saying it re: their depth.
They are building the narrative of the invincible Dees. That's all that matters. Every side is collateral to this even if they run them close. Doesn't matter. It's laughable some of the coverage is ATM. No team is invincible. They never have been.

They are building the narrative of the invincible Dees. That's all that matters. Every side is collateral to this even if they run them close. Doesn't matter. It's laughable some of the coverage is ATM. No team is invincible. They never have been.
The footy media isn’t smart enough to actively build a narrative. It’s just a bunch of dickhead drinking buddies calling each other “boys” and in jokes.

Umpiring was infuriating.

I thought Nash was ok, but Oliver did have 33 touches.

Thought Lynch was good in the ruck. Was jumping over Gawn, which is all you can do against him.

Worpel very good.
JOMs best game of the year for us.
Moore is a freak.
Kosi will be a player.
Sicily the next captain.

Now for the Scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footy media isn’t smart enough to actively build a narrative. It’s just a bunch of dickhead drinking buddies calling each other “boys” and in jokes.
It's narrative from the start of the season.
They spent 6 months saying hawthorn is no good. They are still in that mindset, but slowly waking up. It means we get very biased commentary

It's narrative from the start of the season.
They spent 6 months saying hawthorn is no good. They are still in that mindset, but slowly waking up. It means we get very biased commentary
We are irrelevant to quite a few of these idiots. Only guys like Joey Montagna and at times David King actively analyse how were going and why. It will make it sweeter when we are the bee's knees again and all these journos will be miserable with anger and jealousy all over again.

Great sign of respect to see the effort to win this in Sicily's 100th game.

The level of intercept marking down back is elite and giving us some real chances to snatch these games. Scrim and Sicily seem to read the ball better than forwards. Potentially can swing Gunston back as well to give some of the younger forwards a chance to stake their claim.

Bramble will be better for the run, as will Callow. I love seeing the next generation out amongst it.

Lewis, Reeves and Big Boy are obvious priority inclusions. But I can see a big role for Brocky forward and for a player who can hit the scoreboard from 55-60 metres when the opposition has 18 players in the back 50 metres. Conor Mac leapt at a couple early and was surprised by how explosive he looked when launching. Would be good to see more of that.

Finn and Worpel going to get better as the season progresses going off today's showing.

Was a bit rubbish how the free kicks were so lopsided given we were the ones being scragged off ball, but I'm also less positive on the margin. They were 30 up with 25% of their team missing even if they weren't exactly core players. Good effort to keep contesting, but I thought given their players out I'd have liked to have won more 1 on 1 contests in at least some area of the ground. We are missing some too but Jiath the only that would've made a difference in that area for us.

You've obviously not seen any of Mitch Lewis this season then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back