Autopsy Round 7, 2022: Hawks fail against Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and Big Max with the lazy 29 possessions, 6 marks, 35 hitouts and 2 goals today :kissing:

Max when he sees he has the Hawks coming up next week in the draw.....

melbourne football club GIF by Melbournefc
I reckon Hawks players kicked it to Gawn more than Dees..

We desperately need one of Saunders, Mitchell, Brockman and Butler to come good. Need some speed, creativity and goal sense going forward.

2.8 from Gunston, Wingard and Breust today. Impact was minimal and basically a glimpse of life without them.

Finn 96% game time more than keeping up with arguably the best runner in the league. That's quite some effort.
Langdon isn't the best runner in the league. He may of been but Finn clearly has him covered there. I was watching it closely and finn was effortlessly with him while Langdon was red in the face.

AFL app also says Finn ran half a k more.

A few handy outs for us, most perhaps in our best 22
CJ
Big Boy
Reeves
Lewis
Morrison
Phillips
DGB
Ward

Phillips is the only one there who has played VFL this year. But worked his way into the side so is borderline. The others were selected when fit.

Depleted Dees scrape home against improving Hawks”
What an embarrassing load of crap heading that is. Why put that bs on our own website! Leave that shite for the AFL website. We had more significant outs than them.
The HFC site just gets the same stuff as the AFL site.

Does anyone else remember Dunstall staying back 30-60mins after his other teammates headed in to the rooms after training to practice his goal kicking? Sometimes it just feels like old school hard yakka and practice, practice & practice until you can do it blindfolded is the best. Keep it simple! Not saying the forwards are solely to blame for the loss at all. Forwards should be getting chances where they are high certainties to kick the goals and then nailing 85-90% of those opportunities.

I come in peace guys. I thought you guys showed a lot of heart. We definitely had the best of the umpires too with guys like Ben Brown getting looked after. Yeah we had 7 premiership players out but the spread and dash from your backline was impressive. And that was without CJ. Good luck for the rest of the season. Future looks bright.

They are building the narrative of the invincible Dees. That's all that matters. Every side is collateral to this even if they run them close. Doesn't matter. It's laughable some of the coverage is ATM. No team is invincible. They never have been.
They were doing this with Richmond (still are). Media love narratives these days, especially sports media.

One thing today proved to me is that without a doubt Sicily is the next captain of the Hawthorn Football Club.

Absolute gun player and I feel he thrives on having the responsibility of being captain.
Reading between the lines a bit from Sis presser the other day, I reckon they've thrown him the captaincy for a few weeks so he can feel it out and see if he's comfortable doing it and if it's something he likes and wants it's his.

Does anyone else remember Dunstall staying back 30-60mins after his other teammates headed in to the rooms after training to practice his goal kicking? Sometimes it just feels like old school hard yakka and practice, practice & practice until you can do it blindfolded is the best. Keep it simple! Not saying the forwards are solely to blame for the loss at all. Forwards should be getting chances where they are high certainties to kick the goals and then nailing 85-90% of those opportunities.

I reckon for the most part (without back tracking stats) that our goal kicking has been pretty good this year. I think it was the PA game in particular that we kicked the screws out of it from set shots.

I wouldn't worry too much about our goal kicking practice yet unless it becomes something ongoing. Yesterday may have just been one of those days. But Kozi is nailing them after being very wobbly last year and Lewis and Moore have been super reliable too. Breust copping some s**t but only really had the one shocker yesterday. His other misses were very tough chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People may not like to hear this but I personally thought the Dees played in second gear pretty much the whole night ahead of their clash with the Saints next week. Still proud of the boys and loving our year but I didn’t see this as a ten point game against the reigning premiers in the same way others here are doing.

The HFC site just gets the same stuff as the AFL site.
Yeah, just read that exact same article on the AFL site. Predictable. Melbourne were completely undermanned but still dominated, yada yada yada.

Also we were all wrong, apparently the hawks had a 6-day break since Anzac day (?)

We desperately need one of Saunders, Mitchell, Brockman and Butler to come good. Need some speed, creativity and goal sense going forward.
Interestingly enough, on the hawks insiders podcast this week they were putting Brockman's recent absence down to homesickness and said they would be surprised if he doesn't request a trade back to WA at the end of the year.

Hope they're wrong because Brockman is exactly the kind of player we need in the forward line right now.

Interestingly enough, on the hawks insiders podcast this week they were putting Brockman's recent absence down to homesickness and said they would be surprised if he doesn't request a trade back to WA at the end of the year.

Hope they're wrong because Brockman is exactly the kind of player we need in the forward line right now.
Who is they? Because it could just be someone rehashing what’s been written here.

Who is they? Because it could just be someone rehashing what’s been written here.
"They" is the guys doing the podcast. I have no idea who they are and what inside mail they have (if any) but they seemed pretty confident about it.

Hopefully it's not accurate.

I come in peace guys. I thought you guys showed a lot of heart. We definitely had the best of the umpires too with guys like Ben Brown getting looked after. Yeah we had 7 premiership players out but the spread and dash from your backline was impressive. And that was without CJ. Good luck for the rest of the season. Future looks bright.
Classy post 👍

Curious how posters thought Callow went today.
Obviously first game and finding his way but I thought he did a couple of nice things.

I think Sam asked a lot of him in his first game. Suspect he'll miss next week with Lewis coming back, will hopefully get to concentrate more on his forward craft at VFL level rather than spending significant periods in the ruck. Reckon we'll see him again in the back half of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back