Trades 2022 Fantasy - Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I dump Hewett before Crouch, and hope that Crouch dominates in the SANFL ?

(Xerri to Gawn has to be done this week, can't be fielding Hayes at R2 anymore)

Hold Hew, dump Crouch. Assess further next week.

If Hew returns next week you'll be kicking yourself. If he doesn't you'll have options.

Vlastuin out for those who have him - I shudder to see what final teams are when they're released tonight....

EDIT: Hewett looks like at least Round 10 with these comments from Voss - not overly confident at all, IMO:

Screenshot_20220506-143200_Chrome.jpg

On the Carroll rumours.. why would they name a 1 gamer if he's touch and go? Surely he'd just be out straight up if there was any issue.
Seems Voss just talked him up in a presser so I reckon he's locked in.

Colour me surprised but it seems that random Twitter accounts might not be the most reliable of sources...

Might see how NOD goes tonight. If he spuds, I can trade Hew and keep Daicos otherwise full steam ahead and I'll upgrade Hewett to Stewart next week for the bye if he's still out.
I feel like there’s a Dr Seuss book about this somewhere…

Thoughts on Noah Anderson? And predicted average? Last four averaging 110, is this the big break out?

Thoughts on Noah Anderson? And predicted average? Last four averaging 110, is this the big break out?
I was talked out of him and told to go Touk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is McComb still a better option ?
I reckon both have pretty questionable JS so if I had neither then I'd probably grab Carroll due to current price and potential cash gen.

Personally though Im probably going to pass on Carroll as I grabbed McComb at $190k and don't want to carry the risk of both being red dots in a fortnight's time...

Best 2 I can get for Hewett/Crouch looks like Parker/Anderson. Parker was in my plans but still not hot on Anderson as you're paying almost 800k for a guy who's not a top 8 mid.

Leaning towards holding Hewett as it doesn't really improve the side much score wise trading him. NOD v North and GC next 2 covering. Holding him would mean Neale Carroll in this week for Crouch MacDonald and getting Parker next week as an upgrade instead of a side.

Neale (120) NOD (70) = 190 + the cash gen of Carroll
vs
Anderson (105) Parker (100) = 205

Even if it ends up being say a 25 point gap x2 weeks. Is 50 points overall worth:
1) Giving up a top 6 DEF for a non top 8 MID, +
2) Missing out on a rook that could make over 200k

Someone tell me if there's an angle I'm not seeing because the way I'm justifying it it's not even close.

Is McComb still a better option ?
If you find out can you let me know!?

I was in favour of McComb for his early emergency.

But with Hewett out and Daicos a risk of being out, it'd mean I'll almost certainly be fielding McComb regardless of how he performs.

So do I really want a bench named McComb over a wing starter Carrol?
I'm actually swinging back to Carrol atm. Especially if holding Hewett its sort of insurance? Carrol has that wing spot for as long as Hewett is out, then they might shuffle him elsewhere when he Hewey returns?

If McComb has another howler tonight he's 100% gone next week. And I just can't risk more dead wood...

The 3rd option is to skip both and just go straight to Stephens.

Best 2 I can get for Hewett/Crouch looks like Parker/Anderson. Parker was in my plans but still not hot on Anderson as you're paying almost 800k for a guy who's not a top 8 mid.

Leaning towards holding Hewett as it doesn't really improve the side much score wise trading him. NOD v North and GC next 2 covering. Holding him would mean Neale Carroll in this week for Crouch MacDonald and getting Parker next week as an upgrade instead of a side.

Neale (120) NOD (70) = 190 + the cash gen of Carroll
vs
Anderson (105) Parker (100) = 205

Even if it ends up being say a 25 point gap x2 weeks. Is 50 points overall worth:
1) Giving up a top 6 DEF for a non top 8 MID, +
2) Missing out on a rook that could make 200k+

Someone tell me if there's an angle I'm not seeing because the way I'm justifying it it's not even close.
At his price, does Anderson need to be top 8? The top 8 mids are 110 guys. Priced at like 900k, if you get 105 from Anderson, a 5 point difference for 100k less then surely that’s good vakue

At his price, does Anderson need to be top 8? The top 8 mids are 110 guys. Priced at like 900k, if you get 105 from Anderson, a 5 point difference for 100k less then surely that’s good vakue
Banking on him jumping from 80 last year to a 105 a big risk in iteslf. Stats we were looking at in pre-season from past years show very few players manage that sort of jump

Average of 97 at the moment which is probably closer to where he's at. Wouldn't be a horrible move but likely to require another upgrade down the line which I don't love.

Anyone got any view on Cooper Hamilton? Need a cheap forward rookie and he has one of the better break evens. Don’t trust Riolis scoring against teams that aren’t the eagles lol

Banking on him jumping from 80 last year to a 105 a big risk in iteslf. Stats we were looking at in pre-season from past years show very few players manage that sort of jump

Average of 97 at the moment which is probably closer to where he's at. Wouldn't be a horrible move but likely to require another upgrade down the line which I don't love.
True. But he meets a lot of the criteria. CBA’s, elite junior numbers, TOG etc. four round average of 110

Yeah I agree with this.

Looks good, but at the end of the day the guys you're bringing in early rounds I really want them to last the year for me. Lock and throw away the key types.
Anderson might be. But it's still speculative. I'd just pay the +$100k for a guarantee tbh as it's far cheaper than wasting an extra trade later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back