News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"

Hannebery at the Sydney Swans reunion ... you think he could have waited until after he left St Kilda.

It's a 10 year reunion, so you'd have him wait 10 years to attend. He is long-term, never ending, injured.
As such, I don't see it as a big deal.

It's a 10 year reunion, so you'd have him wait 10 years to attend. He is long-term, never ending, injured.
As such, I don't see it as a big deal.

He's playing for us not Sydney, we are the ones who is paying his contract.

When he's finished with us, don't care what he does really. But while he is on our payroll, it smells a bit to me.

When he's finished with us, don't care what he does really. But while he is on our payroll, it smells a bit to me.
You have a highly sensitive nose. I haven't noticed him playing for us as you say btw.

What a bizarre thing to get do upset about.

Were you condemning Robert Harvey or Lenny Hayes when they were coaching at other clubs but still attending St Kilda celebrations?

What a bizarre thing to get do upset about.

Were you condemning Robert Harvey or Lenny Hayes when they were coaching at other clubs but still attending St Kilda celebrations?

I don't find anything about the Dan Hannebery situation funny and I do get upset about it. When your highest paid player can't even play then goes off for celebrations at other clubs.

Say he finally comes back and plays in the last game... Round 23 St Kilda vs Sydney Swans.

Don't say emotions never come into it.

Hope both clubs form a guard of honour and chair him off.

Last edited:
I don't find anything about the Dan Hannebery situation funny and I do get upset about it. When your highest paid player can't even play then goes off for celebrations at other clubs.

Say he finally comes back and plays in the last game... Round 23 St Kilda vs Sydney Swans.

Don't say emotions never come into it.

Hope both clubs form a guard of honour and chair him off.
It’s not like he’s choosing not to play or is suspended. He’s injured mate. If he was suspended for drink driving and off partying I’d be upset but he’s gone up for a small ceremony with old team mates. I’m sure he’s already back here and doing his rehab.

Strange, he was Sydney's second best player on the day and was 3rd in normsmith voting. Winning the premiership medal is the epitome, expecting players to not celebrate that occasion is petty. As frustrating as his injuries are for us as fans, I am sure he feels more frustrated about being in injury management for years. Sounds a bit like jealousy

Strange, he was Sydney's second best player on the day and was 3rd in normsmith voting. Winning the premiership medal is the epitome, expecting players to not celebrate that occasion is petty. As frustrating as his injuries are for us as fans, I am sure he feels more frustrated about being in injury management for years. Sounds a bit like jealousy

Not jealous, nor petty.

Frustrated by poor decisions which have let us down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. In all honesty he’s done absolutely nothing wrong in his time with us. Do we think he isn’t training hard enough or trying hard enough to get on the park? He gives it all when he does play and I reckon a competitor like him would love nothing more than to be on field. He’s not a degoey who rocks up unfit to every pre season and gets suspended every year being a dickhead.

Not jealous, nor petty.

Frustrated by poor decisions which have let us down.
Well we don't own players 24/7. If he is meeting all his obligations and expectations in his recovery then who is anyone to say he can't be there. He didn't make those decisions you are frustrated about, not his fault we haven't won a premiership to celebrate . So it does sound like it to me. St Kilda is his employer, not his religion.

I’d have preferred we sent a club representative to wheel him around in a wheel chair :p
Bubble Boy Quarantine GIF by Cameo

Its COVID safe

Well we don't own players 24/7. If he is meeting all his obligations and expectations in his recovery then who is anyone to say he can't be there. He didn't make those decisions you are frustrated about, not his fault we haven't won a premiership to celebrate . So it does sound like it to me. St Kilda is his employer, not his religion.

Well there you go... Hanners and I are different because St Kilda is my religion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back