Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour today that if Joshy gets done over, he'll enter State politics. Goodbye Matthew.
Lol he'd be destroyed

Parachutes 🪂 into a safe seat
Even better if their arrogance backfired

Chefs Kiss Reaction GIF by Nick Jonas

theyve already preselected a woman for bat boys kew set ..... not sure pushing her aside would be a good look

theyve already preselected a woman for bat boys kew set ..... not sure pushing her aside would be a good look
Liberal Fan boy insider - doomsday scenario - candidate may suddenly stand aside…”for the good of the party…you know reinvigorate the state party…a talent like Josh can’t be lost to politics”

It’s not near Q or far Q but adjacent to Kooyong up the top end of Glenferrie Road where the sitting Dim Tim is for some reason not contesting

Isn't that half of the electorate that will toss him out of federal parliament?
Or is that "the base"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would highly doubt the rumour. Whether you like it or not, Frydenberg would probably be offered a lucrative job overseas if he lost his seat. The two state seats that cover Kooyong have candidates already selected.

I'm very confident Frydenberg will not be on a ballot paper come the state election, nor will attempt to be.

I would highly doubt the rumour. Whether you like it or not, Frydenberg would probably be offered a lucrative job overseas if he lost his seat. The two state seats that cover Kooyong have candidates already selected.

I'm very confident Frydenberg will not be on a ballot paper come the state election, nor will attempt to be.
who would offer him the lucrative job? the libs won't have the levers of power whereby they can dole out jobs 2 mates. and what history does he have in commerce that would make him a candidate for a lucrative job. he's quite wealthy i believe & probably would qualify 4 a parliamentary pension so an immediate job wouldn't b a priority. he's a political animal so i reckon he'll stay in that field. perhaps his mate stokes will find him a spot doing right wing commentary.

who would offer him the lucrative job? the libs won't have the levers of power whereby they can dole out jobs 2 mates. and what history does he have in commerce that would make him a candidate for a lucrative job. he's quite wealthy i believe & probably would qualify 4 a parliamentary pension so an immediate job wouldn't b a priority. he's a political animal so i reckon he'll stay in that field. perhaps his mate stokes will find him a spot doing right wing commentary.
NewsCorp, Fairfax, any mining company he helped over the course of the journey

Wouldn't surprise me if most politicians have new jobs lined up within a year of making it to parliament

He worked as Director of Global Banking for Deutsche Bank before entering parliament. As I said, you probably won't like it, but he would easily have a large number of higher paying, lower stress jobs on offer to him if he were to lose his seat. I am comfortable with my analysis that he won't enter state politics.

He is the Treasurer of the country. Whether you agree with him on a policy front, that does qualify him for a leadership role in most organisations. He could easily get a role as a senior executive. And if he loses, he'll be offered any number of board positions... he'll almost certainly continue to hold a role in politics behind the scenes, and if he really wants, he can put his hand up for an ambassadorship or trade envoy or whatever, whenever the Liberals take government (assuming they don't win this time).

Political players like Frydenberg have so much dirt on their colleagues, that it's in the best interest of the party to keep them happy.

There is no way he enters state politics.

He worked as Director of Global Banking for Deutsche Bank before entering parliament. As I said, you probably won't like it, but he would easily have a large number of higher paying, lower stress jobs on offer to him if he were to lose his seat. I am comfortable with my analysis that he won't enter state politics.
i doubt he'll enter state politics 2. his name smells in vic.

wikipedia isn't always reliable but i can't c any reference 2 him being a director of deutsche.

his mates in commerce will look after him and there's a long list of pollies making bucks out of lobbying. andrew robb has done nicely as a lobbyist. didn't he become a china lobbyist who played a role in the libs flogging the port of darwin 2 the chinese?

wikipedia isn't always reliable but i can't c any reference 2 him being a director of deutsche.

It's in the 'Early Career' section. Director sounds fancy but in those types of firms you can have the title of director even if there are more rungs above you on the org chart than there are below.

And like whatever he does after politics, I'm sure the role was obtained through networks rather than excellence.

It's in the 'Early Career' section. Director sounds fancy but in those types of firms you can have the title of director even if there are more rungs above you on the org chart than there are below.

And like whatever he does after politics, I'm sure the role was obtained through networks rather than excellence.
Judging by the job he's done as Treasurer, Frydenberg was probably the bloke at Deutsche who looked at Trump and thought him a safe investment for the bank.

His mates will look after of him as he looked after them. Hundreds of millions in JobKeeper payments for companies who were doing just fine for example. Gladbag was found a job in short order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back