Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Leon Cameron said a few words at the end of the game to the crowd, and Fox Footy didn't show it. Instead, they showed players standing around while Dermott Brereton bored us all to tears with his comments.

I thought 186 might be in jeopardy tonight but looks like the Demons are in cruise mode right now. Won't even be the Eagles' worst loss of the season.

Beloved Bomber Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has called time on his outstanding career, today announcing his retirement from AFL effective immediately.

In a career littered with highlights of his magic up forward, McDonald-Tipungwuti informed his teammates of his decision to bid farewell to the game after seven seasons in the red and black.

Recruited from the club’s VFL side, McDonald-Tipungwuti made his debut in 2016, becoming a mainstay at senior level to break the record for consecutive games played for Essendon in the AFL era with 126.

Throughout his 126-game career, McDonald-Tipungwuti kicked 153 goals and claimed the club’s Matthew Lloyd Leading Goalkicker award in 2020.

Beloved Bomber Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has called time on his outstanding career, today announcing his retirement from AFL effective immediately.

In a career littered with highlights of his magic up forward, McDonald-Tipungwuti informed his teammates of his decision to bid farewell to the game after seven seasons in the red and black.

Recruited from the club’s VFL side, McDonald-Tipungwuti made his debut in 2016, becoming a mainstay at senior level to break the record for consecutive games played for Essendon in the AFL era with 126.

Throughout his 126-game career, McDonald-Tipungwuti kicked 153 goals and claimed the club’s Matthew Lloyd Leading Goalkicker award in 2020.

That's a shame - used to love watching him play. I guess there's things more important in life than chasing a bloated piece of leather around though, and I wish him all the best for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish clubs played in the indigenous jumpers all year round. Most of them look better than the normal strips they wear.

I'd be happy to wear ours more often, especially in "clash" situations

The one guernsey I don't really like that much this year is Melbourne's (especially the long sleeve as it just looks really busy), plus I agree with the early comments that it has a Western Bulldogs feel about the colours

1653043850728.jpeg

This is great football to watch from the blues. Could they be a challenger to the dees this year?

lol no.
And it's actually a s**t game. The standard is utterly trash these days. It is literally like watching today's NBA. Non stop free kicks and everything done possible to keep the scoring ticking over. Just a sad decline and no wonder the numbers will never be back to what they were in the past.

Not a bad player that Curnow though (although half his tally tonight have been from free kicks).

lol no.
And it's actually a s**t game. The standard is utterly trash these days. It is literally like watching today's NBA. Non stop free kicks and everything done possible to keep the scoring ticking over. Just a sad decline and no wonder the numbers will never be back to what they were in the past.

Not a bad player that Curnow though (although half his tally tonight have been from free kicks).

Sorry, but it literally isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back