Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s not my standard. It’s Albo’s. He referred to it numerous times in victory and during the campaign. Now one of his most senior cabinet ministers has shown it was complete bullshit. They have no intention of cleaning up parliament. The personal attack is still alive just as much as it was under morrison.
Get a grip.

Morrison's office backgrounded a rape victim, her family and friends.
You've never talked about that, have you?

Another rape victim was attacked because she needed to "smile more".
If anything, you probably agreed that she should have smiled.

No, the issue that's got your blood to boil is this...

In a 4BC radio interview on Wednesday, Plibersek – Labor’s education spokesperson – said: “I think there will be a lot of children who have watched a lot of Harry Potter films who will be very frightened of what they are seeing on TV at night.”
When asked what she meant, Plibersek said: “I am saying he looks a bit like Voldemort. We will see whether he can do what he promised he would do when he was last running for leader, which is smile more.”
The radio host, Scott Emerson, said: “It sounds like you are attacking how he looks.”​
Plibersek replied: “No, I am just saying he is not the warm and friendly face of the Liberal party and, if this last election taught us anything, it taught us that the Liberal party has moved too far to the extremes of politics.”

And she's already apologised.

Meanwhile, here's something Voldemort has said before.
Peter Dutton has said women have been “trying it on” in claiming they were raped and needed an abortion as part of a ploy to get to Australia for medical treatment from refugee centres on Nauru.​

You can shove your virtue signalling up your arse.

If wanting "a better standard of behaviour from politicians" means refraining from pointing out the obvious fact that Dutton is an obnoxious prick, then you can stuff it up your arse.
Nah, conservative's got themselves all up and about in the mid part of last decade and decided they were gonna act like campaigners en masse.

Now the wheel has turned (which it always does) so many want to see a return to a civil discourse... I can't speak for others but I'm not that interested really. I'm more than happy to get down and dirty.

Nah, conservative's got themselves all up and about in the mid part of last decade and decided they were gonna act like campaigners en masse.

Now the wheel has turned (which it always does) so many want to see a return to a civil discourse... I can't speak for others but I'm not that interested really. I'm more than happy to get down and dirty.
Yeah, no more mister nice guy, keep the foot on the bastards' throats.

no shit, thats the situation we currently have (declarations are made, and when in doubt it goes to court)

AEC doesnt have the power to review or enforce under current laws

not quite.

declarations are made as part of the process of nominating for parliamentbut the veracity, and therefore compliance with S44, of the claims are not tested Upon election. Indeed the only time they are tested is at the insistence of direct opponents with determination and remedy sought at the direction of the high court - absurd and frankly contrary to the intent of the constitution.

I‘m suggesting preventing parties from taking their seats until it is confirmed that they are compliant.

A minor legislative amendment to the Cmwlth Electoral Act could solve your issue with capacity and authority to determine and enforce compliance granted to a suitable body. Although there are issues in S44‘s use of the nomenclature “shall not be chosen or sit” it could be overcome by reliance on the phrase “until the parliament provides otherwise” in S34. You could also specifically seek to define the term “chosen” to mean declared by the AEC as elected and further determine that the AECmay not declare a party chosen/elected until the relevant body has determined that they have complied with S44 and renounced all privileges and rights Etc.

but yeah, no shit.

So you happy for an LNP male rep to belittle Wong for her looks? Is that fair game now?

Wow the goalposts move quick when the lefties are in power. F me!
Just checking, were you slamming the Libs for their abundant obnoxious transgressions for the last nine long years?

And no, I’m not excusing Plibersek, and she apologised, and Albanese said it was wrong, and he didn’t veer off into horseschitte to please the freedumb zealots about how he wasn’t going to gag her, but he did point out that only days ago Morrison was mocking him for the heinous crime of losing weight and getting new specs (!)

So maybe a bit of context huh?

it’s not my standard. It’s Albo’s. He referred to it numerous times in victory and during the campaign. Now one of his most senior cabinet ministers has shown it was complete bullshit. They have no intention of cleaning up parliament. The personal attack is still alive just as much as it was under morrison.
Good of you to at least not dispute that Dutton is an obnoxious prick though. Credit where credit’s due.

Yeah, no more mister nice guy, keep the foot on the bastards' throats.
Sure, but stick to the facts. Shout it from the rooftops that the Morrison government was humiliatingly voted out because it was the most dishonest and corrupt government we’ve ever seen.

Tell it to the pollies. Email Morrison, and Dutton, and Barnaby and Frydenberg and Tim Wilson and respectfully point out to them that they lost because Australians had had a gutful of their dishonesty and rottenness.

They’ll get the message if enough people tell them. People power.

I hope Penny breaks Julia's record for quickest knifing of a leader.
Maybe someone bring this clueless buffoon up to date on how the leadership challenge rules for both parties have been seriously toughened up since Rudd’s second term.

Next to impossible to unseat a sitting PM from within their party now you goose.

Maybe someone bring this clueless buffoon up to date on how the leadership challenge rules for both parties have been seriously toughened up since Rudd’s second term.

Next to impossible to unseat a sitting PM from within their party now you goose.
Also the small issue of Wong being in the Senate.

But yeah sure Wong is just going to knife Albanese and become PM.

not quite.

declarations are made as part of the process of nominating for parliamentbut the veracity, and therefore compliance with S44, of the claims are not tested Upon election. Indeed the only time they are tested is at the insistence of direct opponents with determination and remedy sought at the direction of the high court - absurd and frankly contrary to the intent of the constitution.

I‘m suggesting preventing parties from taking their seats until it is confirmed that they are compliant.

A minor legislative amendment to the Cmwlth Electoral Act could solve your issue with capacity and authority to determine and enforce compliance granted to a suitable body. Although there are issues in S44‘s use of the nomenclature “shall not be chosen or sit” it could be overcome by reliance on the phrase “until the parliament provides otherwise” in S34. You could also specifically seek to define the term “chosen” to mean declared by the AEC as elected and further determine that the AECmay not declare a party chosen/elected until the relevant body has determined that they have complied with S44 and renounced all privileges and rights Etc.

but yeah, no shit.

If they fail to meet the requirements of an mp, you cannot pause while they mop up. They contested the election against the laws of the land

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Gorton dislikes this

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

Are you saying that Wong will kill Albanese to take his seat?

Remember the only reason he took the gig was Holt died, and he took Holt's lower house seat to step up.

Because, as we keep saying, the leader of the govt has to be from the lower house, because this is where govt is formed

Are you saying that Wong will kill Albanese to take his seat?

Remember the only reason he took the gig was Holt died, and he took Holt's lower house seat to step up.

Because, as we keep saying, the leader of the govt has to be from the lower house, because this is where govt is formed

Twas a joke, Neddy. Labor seem to be a very happy party, even before the election and they all know and want to be team players. Unlike the other side.

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

If they fail to meet the requirements of an mp, you cannot pause while they mop up. They contested the election against the laws of the land
the onus is still on the candidate, nobody is pausing anything.

you don’t even need to have a further election.
If they refuse or cannot render themselves eligible you just need a recount where they are the first excluded candidate Under preferential system.

and I probs didn’t make myself clear. You redefine the po8nt at which eligibility is determined. It is at the point of being declared elected, not at the point of nominating. Simple amendments to statute.

Get a grip.

Morrison's office backgrounded a rape victim, her family and friends.
You've never talked about that, have you?

Another rape victim was attacked because she needed to "smile more".
If anything, you probably agreed that she should have smiled.

No, the issue that's got your blood to boil is this...

In a 4BC radio interview on Wednesday, Plibersek – Labor’s education spokesperson – said: “I think there will be a lot of children who have watched a lot of Harry Potter films who will be very frightened of what they are seeing on TV at night.”
When asked what she meant, Plibersek said: “I am saying he looks a bit like Voldemort. We will see whether he can do what he promised he would do when he was last running for leader, which is smile more.”
The radio host, Scott Emerson, said: “It sounds like you are attacking how he looks.”​
Plibersek replied: “No, I am just saying he is not the warm and friendly face of the Liberal party and, if this last election taught us anything, it taught us that the Liberal party has moved too far to the extremes of politics.”

And she's already apologised.

Meanwhile, here's something Voldemort has said before.
Peter Dutton has said women have been “trying it on” in claiming they were raped and needed an abortion as part of a ploy to get to Australia for medical treatment from refugee centres on Nauru.​

You can shove your virtue signalling up your arse.
Why did she apologize? She comes from the party of Keating?

the onus is still on the candidate, nobody is pausing anything.

you don’t even need to have a further election.
If they refuse or cannot render themselves eligible you just need a recount where they are the first excluded candidate Under preferential system.

and I probs didn’t make myself clear. You redefine the po8nt at which eligibility is determined. It is at the point of being declared elected, not at the point of nominating. Simple amendments to statute.

You don't see something wrong with ineligible candidates contesting elections?

If they are dedicated to being a member, they should get their affairs in order before they nominate.

Remember people have been punted for not resigning from public service gigs when they nominated.

There is a reason it's at nomination

Well it didn’t take long for the shallow platitudes to shine through. Albo and co for days been talking up how they are going to change the face of politics and make sure the public falls in love with politics again.

Plibersek comes out and starts calling Dutton ‘Voldemort’ publically due to his physical appearance and that he will scare children. I thought they weren’t allowed to poke fun at each other about physics appearence/dress after the Gillard era? Or does that just apply to women?
How would we feel if Dutton came out and started calling Tania ‘Plibershrek’?

And then running a smear campaign against Dai Le already. FFS. Cut this shit out.

Seriously Labor. Be better don’t just say you will be better. We are all counting on you to walk your talk and not just run your mouth again.
You sookin' ?

I could gaf I voted independent for the 4th straight election greens were 2nd.

As I recall it you said "you'd have to be a complete deadshit to vote for the Greens"
Are you admitting you're a complete dead shit?

Or was that Achy Blakey Heart 1.0?

Play Nice - Scott Morrison 3.0 - How Long? Part 9 - Lose Unit. Game Over, Bulldozer.

But if we want a better standard of behaviour from politicians, should we not accept making a slight against the other regardless of gender, race or political creed?

If we want a better standard of behaviour from politicians then we shouldn't be electing people like Dutton.
Dutton, like most of the LNP, is a grub.

Why are you so mad?

I simply said that I want to see Penny knife Albo quicker than Julia knifed Kevin.

If it turns out that Penny isn't allowed to knife Albo, then fair enough, I will change my mind.

Now I want to see Tanya take care of Albo, the sooner the better :thumbsu:

profile_image.jpg

As I recall it you said "you'd have to be a complete deadshit to vote for the Greens"
Are you admitting you're a complete dead shit?

If we want a better standard of behaviour from politicians then we shouldn't be electing people like Dutton.
Dutton, like most of the LNP, is a grub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back