Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally the fact that it was some older person (who lets be honest are more prone to racism and racist stereotypes) raising it on twitter (which isnt exactly an official forum for a complain of its nature) indicates that theres probably some racism to it.

It can be both a perfectly legitimate concern and born of racist stereotyping

Seemed more like opportunism to me.

"This person who I didn't want to win was born in a different country, I wonder if we can ping her on an S44 violation"

The Vietnamese background may have made that thought more likely to pop into this person's head, but I don't think they would do anything different had she been born in the UK.

Ffs people can be stupid. This isn’t because she’s Asian, it’s the same standard anyone from Anglo backgrounds has been subjected to as well.
Well when I say "it might be because she's Asian, but it's more likely simply because her opponents see the chance to claim her scalp" there's some on here who seem to be saying "SEE??? It MIGHT be because she's ASIAN!!!! SEE??? It MIGHT be RACIST!!!"

Well when I say "it might be because she's Asian, but it's more likely simply because her opponents see the chance to claim her scalp" there's some on here who seem to be saying "SEE??? It MIGHT be because she's ASIAN!!!! SEE??? It MIGHT be RACIST!!!"
Im certainly not saying that, or more accurately im not saying it in nearly that emotive way.

So if they can claim people who don't want to be there, who else can they claim?
If they suggest that they also grant citizenship to everyone in Australia does that force us all to be citizens?

Our idiot law places people under the power of foreign powers, when we should have a process to decide for our self.

Not sure the intent was to capture people who didn't want to be there. It was more an attempt to recognise that the disparate groups who inhabit Vietnam are all entitled to be Vietnamese nationals, which wasn't the case before, hence the war.

The qualifying criteria is no different to any other country's qualification criteria, so not sure how they would be granting citizenship to just anybody & everybody.

The law that I quoted is the Vietnamese law.
Bearing in mind that that specific part of Vietnamese law relates to people who are no longer in Vietnam and/or have acquired citizenship in another country....
Which clearly says you have 5 years to RETAIN your Vietnamese citizenship.
Which means on expiration of that 5 years, it (Vietnamese citizenship) is no longer retained, ie ceases to exist.

The only way she could be a Vietnamese citizen is if she took up the offer and filed the paperwork.
She has given no indication that that was what she did.

would that only apply to those living in Vietnamese territory as of 2008?

It applies to anyone that claims to have lived in Vietnamese territory at any time before 2008.
It was an attempt to recognise as Vietnamese all those people that fled Vietnam as refugees or otherwise.
Whether you lived there, or not, as of 2008, you could qualify as a Vietnamese national based primarily, but not exclusively, on birth or parentage.

Not sure the intent was to capture people who didn't want to be there. It was more an attempt to recognise that the disparate groups who inhabit Vietnam are all entitled to be Vietnamese nationals, which wasn't the case before, hence the war.

The qualifying criteria is no different to any other country's qualification criteria, so not sure how they would be granting citizenship to just anybody & everybody.

I agree with that. And yes i was being overly dramatic to prove my point.
What i disagree with is our constitution that places the power in their hands.

I always have a massive laugh on here - when posters attack my name assuming I’m stuck out on a farm, when in reality I sold it off years ago for an absolute packet. I am the definition of living the dream. But if you want to picture me shoveling pig s**t I’m also fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sling all the s**t you like, This is the Labor won thread.

I agree with that. And yes i was being overly dramatic to prove my point.
What i disagree with is our constitution that places the power in their hands.

1/ There was a lot of Khmer who fled Cambodia for Vietnam during the Pol Pot years, hence the broadness.
2/ It's ridiculous to place that power in their hands to the extent that there would be loads of people who are subjects of the power of another country who have renounced their citizenship to that country. The idea that your swear your allegiance to Australia, & only Australia...and you're therefore only going to act in the interests of Australia is naive at best.

Well it didn’t take long for the shallow platitudes to shine through. Albo and co for days been talking up how they are going to change the face of politics and make sure the public falls in love with politics again.

Plibersek comes out and starts calling Dutton ‘Voldemort’ publically due to his physical appearance and that he will scare children. I thought they weren’t allowed to poke fun at each other about physics appearence/dress after the Gillard era? Or does that just apply to women?
How would we feel if Dutton came out and started calling Tania ‘Plibershrek’?

And then running a smear campaign against Dai Le already. FFS. Cut this s**t out.

Seriously Labor. Be better don’t just say you will be better. We are all counting on you to walk your talk and not just run your mouth again.

Keep chowing down on those lemons you bitter flog num num num num... :lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you happy for an LNP male rep to belittle Wong for her looks? Is that fair game now?

Wow the goalposts move quick when the lefties are in power. F me!

Yeah the goal posts have moved if we just ignore all the times Voldemort called people names.
Right wingers and their precious little feelings. LOL LOL LOL

Yeah the goal posts have moved if we just ignore all the times Voldemort called people names.
Right wingers and their precious little feelings. LOL LOL LOL

I could gaf I voted independent for the 4th straight election greens were 2nd.

But if we want a better standard of behaviour from politicians, should we not accept making a slight against the other regardless of gender, race or political creed?

But if we want a better standard of behaviour from politicians, should we not accept making a slight against the other regardless of gender, race or political creed?

Have you ever watched a Harry Potter movie?

If wanting "a better standard of behaviour from politicians" means refraining from pointing out the obvious fact that Dutton is an obnoxious prick, then you can stuff it up your arse.

If wanting "a better standard of behaviour from politicians" means refraining from pointing out the obvious fact that Dutton is an obnoxious prick, then you can stuff it up your arse.

it’s not my standard. It’s Albo’s. He referred to it numerous times in victory and during the campaign. Now one of his most senior cabinet ministers has shown it was complete bullshit. They have no intention of cleaning up parliament. The personal attack is still alive just as much as it was under morrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back