Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I presume he means one year is not a trend.

View attachment 1427532
It's a terrible graph because they chose to go with whole numbers on them right.
It looks like the incidence rate has gone up from around 5.5 to 6 per 100k people meaning the main driver of growth has been population increase

That’s an all incident rate as well? If there was subgroup for violent assault and robbery, excluding intimate partner/ same household would be interesting

It's a terrible graph because they chose to go with whole numbers on them right.
It looks like the incidence rate has gone up from around 5.5 to 6 per 100k people meaning the main driver of growth has been population increase
I'm not totally sure of the CSA methodology, but there's a heap on their website to explore.

Another Episode of me and my cat was that one evening we had a purring session that morphed into a quasi-meditation session. I made the upper part of my legs into a boat so that she could relax. We were in a meditative state for a half hour and it was extremely zenful. Eventually she trilled and made biccies on my gut and meowed ever so sweetely.

Was pure bliss.

2 nights in a row you’ve taken the political and made it personal. Own it.
if you don't like being linked to your own behaviour maybe you should think about what you could do about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you don't like being linked to your own behaviour maybe you should think about what you could do about that
I made (in the first instance) policy comment and (in the second) political comment on a political thread.

In consecutive days, your response was to make it personal.

Hand in your badge.

I made (in the first instance) policy comment and (in the second) political comment on a political thread.

In consecutive days, your response was to make it personal.

Hand in your badge.
badge GIF

So $50 million today to expand emergency at the Royal Children's which won't come online until mid 2023 and a new 30 bed ward which was already under construction so not sure why it's part of this announcement

governments seem to love re announcing stuff they've already announced

So $50 million today to expand emergency at the Royal Children's which won't come online until mid 2023 and a new 30 bed ward which was already under construction so not sure why it's part of this announcement

Department Redundancy of Department

il_570xN.1619720801_6k9l.jpg

Keep it fresh in peoples minds in the lead up to the election, that the tactic you reckon?

Keep it fresh in peoples minds in the lead up to the election, that the tactic you reckon?
I mean that can't hurt but its something that is creeping in at all levels.

Morrison used to love holding a press conference to reanounce something he'd announced 6 months ago but not actually done anything about since the announcement

So you'd get a new announcement promising something already promised but not done like the previous promise never happened.

Fed Labor recently announced a baked in indexation increase to payments like they'd gone and done something to help people with cost of living when it was something that was already legislated and would have happened had Morrison stayed in power as well

The problem is you can't trust that the media will even point out stuff being announced isn't new, if you just see the press release or the clip on the news it looks like the whole thing is new

Gives the impression of doing more than is being done, pretty s**t all round

Could backfire too (“you’ve already told us about it stop ducking talking and start doing ffs” type sentiment)

Could backfire too (“you’ve already told us about it stop ducking talking and start doing ffs” type sentiment)
I think it was starting to get there with Morrison for sure

with how many announcements that never turned into outcomes

Like I have no problem if they want to talk about stuff they are already doing.

Like if the say we're here today to announce $50mil of funding for an expansion to emergency, blah blah blah

and then as part of that update on existing work in progress, like the new ward we announced in January is under construction and due to be completed at xx date

like no issue with updates on projects but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back