Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are changing next week

Not so sure allowing covid positive people to drive other people around is such a good idea. It's like they've gone from one extreme (covid is deadly etc etc etc) to another (covid no longer exists!).

Not so sure allowing covid positive people to drive other people around is such a good idea. It's like they've gone from one extreme (covid is deadly etc etc etc) to another (covid no longer exists!).
Yup but people will just be what should they do another lockdown.

They know there won't be much push back from people

All part of living with covid, we're lucky that things arn't blowing up a huge amount in a 50,000+ per day range (yes I know, VACCINES ARE WORKING!)
I mean I wouldn't call what is happening now winning.
But people seem pretty comfortable with the number of people dying from this now that they can go out and do stuff

Suburban Loop aside, all he did was bring forward plans which had been in the drawer for decades in some cases.
I'm not sure I'd go that far, unless every one of the 85 level crossings he's replaced or is planning to replace had engineering plans for overpasses and underpasses that were still fit for purpose.

Plans contributed to by previous public service expertise. If the above stories are true, where are the plans being hatched for 2-3 decades hence, when expertise is replaced by political hacks!
SRL is essentially a 20-30 year plan. Can't imagine any of the others are ready for media release just yet.

Andrews deserves to be re-elected for the Level Crossing Removal Project and Suburban Rail Loop alone. The willingness to listen to the experts, identify ambitious yet practical solutions that will help the masses, and actually follow through on construction is something that is hard to find in modern Australian politics. Victoria should appreciate what they've got, because once leadership like that is gone, it's hard to get it again.

By contrast, Matthew Guy's big ticket program at the last election (faster trains to regional cities) would have fallen down at the first hurdle, as Guy opposed skyrail, and diesel trains can't run through long tunnels due to ventilation issues, meaning the new trains would have been stuck sharing slow, winding tracks within Melbourne. If you can't make your big ticket items practical, then you don't deserve to form government.
Not sure the 11yo girl stabbed by a bunch of other kids for her phone last night would agree.

I think the feeling is that the people they are driving are either already infected and don't know it, or have recovered and are immune. Most households aren't really doingthe quarantine in areas of house unless someone in the house is particularly vulnerable (or unvaccinated I suppose)

I'm not sure I'd go that far, unless every one of the 85 level crossings he's replaced or is planning to replace had engineering plans for overpasses and underpasses that were still fit for purpose.

SRL is essentially a 20-30 year plan. Can't imagine any of the others are ready for media release just yet.

I remember reading the original 50 would have taken 70 years at the rates of the previous governments (bot sides) so was being conservative and some were shockers like Canterbury. Sky rail would be like heaven there

65 are done or in play

Not sure the 11yo girl stabbed by a bunch of other kids for her phone last night would agree.
because s**t like that only happens under Andrews? cmon you are better than this. Kids have been shits to each other before andrews (recall the murder of James Bulger in the UK by 10 year olds) and I think (you would perhaps be better informed given your field than myself) that the move is too increase the age of criminal responsibility, not lower it (this is what makes news from Tasmania and NT). So unless the 14 year old had a significant history that he was "handwaved" as being not responsible, I'm not clear how it would be a justice failure.

Now if the perps are from DFFS services (ie out of home child protection care) then sure, theres a failure of supervision by child protection system (who are also underfunded, overworked and have unreasonable expectations placed on them by the public)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because s**t like that only happens under Andrews? cmon you are better than this. Kids have been shits to each other before andrews (recall the murder of James Bulger in the UK by 10 year olds) and I think (you would perhaps be better informed given your field than myself) that the move is too increase the age of criminal responsibility, not lower it (this is what makes news from Tasmania and NT). So unless the 14 year old had a significant history that he was "handwaved" as being not responsible, I'm not clear how it would be a justice failure.

Now if the perps are from DFFS services (ie out of home child protection care) then sure, theres a failure of supervision by child protection system (who are also underfunded, overworked and have unreasonable expectations placed on them by the public)
He's really not better than this. He is this

Nup. And that cop out is beneath you.

There’s a growing violent crime problem in this state and only last week Dan’s fans were sneering at the rich chick who raised the issue, which turned out to be supported by statistical fact.

This week it’s an 11yo girl in Frankston. No headlines. Don’t talk about it. “It’s been going on for years.”

I remember before Covid when all the violent crimes were escalating and opinionistas were posting pics of themselves “feeling perfectly safe” dining out in Toorak.

I remember before Covid when all the violent crimes were escalating and opinionistas were posting pics of themselves “feeling perfectly safe” dining out in Toorak.

Do you remember during covid, when all those violent crims turned into anti-vax 'freedom' protesters running around with nooses and crossbows and punching horses, kicking dogs?

Oh yeah, you remember. You were cheering for them.

Do you remember during covid, when all those violent crims turned into anti-vax 'freedom' protesters running around with nooses and crossbows and punching horses, kicking dogs?

Oh yeah, you remember. You were cheering for them.
Oh here’s the other moderator. Here to ensure things don’t escalate with dishonest representations of what people wrote. Bravo! 👏

There’s a growing violent crime problem in this state and only last week Dan’s fans were sneering at the rich chick who raised the issue, which turned out to be supported by statistical fact.

This week it’s an 11yo girl in Frankston. No headlines. Don’t talk about it. “It’s been going on for years.”

So provide a solution instead of just bitching. And provide evidence actual crime rates are increasing (could be better reporting)
I dgaf about Bec Judd. ******* Alfred hospital princess (where she worked as a speech pathologist)

Always good to have you arrive to moderate discussions into personal abuse. 2 nights running for you now.
Dude you're on a forum trying to score political points over kids stabbing another kid
Own it instead of crying victim. The victim was the 11 year old kid, not the grown adult who thought I can blame Dan Andrew's for this on a football forum.

Dude you're on a forum trying to score political points over kids stabbing another kid
Own it instead of crying victim. The victim was the 11 year old kid, not the grown adult who thought I can blame Dan Andrew's for this on a football forum.
And you turned it from political to personal. 2 nights in a row. Own it.

Last edited:

1655589281957.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back