Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Oz Release May 5 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

She was literally searching multiverses for her kids, she had accepted losing Vision but the Darkhold had showed her she had the chance to get her kids back, at least in some capacity. The bigger issue is that the movie didnt really explain WHY she wanted these kids, who to most movie watchers would be confused to where they came from.
I'd have to rewatch Wandavision again, but isn't Vision now back in this Universe? So couldn't they theoretically have there children now?

I'd have to rewatch Wandavision again, but isn't Vision now back in this Universe? So couldn't they theoretically have there children now?
Arguably yes, although where he is and what his objectives are will be seen in later series or movies and i don't think Wanda realizes the new Vision absorbed the memories she used to form her westview Vision.

Did she create her children by magic in Wandavision? Couldn't she just magic them back? Or magic up some new ones.

I suspect theyll circle these questions back to her use of the Darkhold...she knows she conjured them but the Darkhold is showing her she can master intermultiverse travel. And as she mentions in the movie, with said power she could access unlimited resources with which to protect her children. She specificily mentioned from illness and the like.

Morgan Freeman told me that there might be infinite parallel universes where they split off at every quantum level change. Or it could require consciousness to make it happen.

Do the physics of the Marvel multiverse make any sense?

Sometimes they shift to a slightly alternate world. The same place on earth but where pedestrian signs are reversed and there's a slightly different Dr Strange. Other times they are in some weird cartoon world. Then in Spider Man : No Way Home it seemed that there are three different people who became Spiderman.

Marvel's multiverse just seems like a flimsy plot contrivance to allow more graphics action sequences for the characters.

Morgan Freeman told me that there might be infinite parallel universes where they split off at every quantum level change. Or it could require consciousness to make it happen.

Do the physics of the Marvel multiverse make any sense?

Sometimes they shift to a slightly alternate world. The same place on earth but where pedestrian signs are reversed and there's a slightly different Dr Strange. Other times they are in some weird cartoon world. Then in Spider Man : No Way Home it seemed that there are three different people who became Spiderman.

Marvel's multiverse just seems like a flimsy plot contrivance to allow more graphics action sequences for the characters.
That's literally how it was designed for the comics, yes. Much more flexibility to retcon and produce crazy scenarios.

Just saw it and...

I didn't rate it at all. Was wanting something a bit more light-hearted, a bit of a cross the multiverse romp. And that's where I feel like the trailer was leading us, and where I felt like the well oiled Marvel machine would take us, full of a few fun universe cameos along the lines of the small bit we got. Maybe that's on me but if I knew this is what we were getting I probably wouldn't've bothered until it but Disney+.

America Chavez is fun though, she'd suit the movie I want well. Hope we see more of her in a significant role.

I think we had a similar discussion in The Batman thread - extraordinary decision to take babies into films like this. The sensory overload can be just too much - frightening for the babies themselves and very inconsiderate to other moviegoers. Baffling stuff.

Enjoy the film, hopefully.
This reminds me of going to see Saving Private Ryan when it was released.

A mother and her two kids, both under 14 or 15, politely get told by the clerk “I’m not sure that this film is suitable for your children. It’s quite graphic.”
The mother replies “oh, they know it’s a war film, they’ll be fine…won’t you kids?”.

I sat there in that movie for the first 10 minutes with my jaw on the floor at the violence and horror of war that was being shown and when I looked across at that mum and her two kids their faces…oh man… they would have had nightmares for years.

Biggest gripe was they essentially shat all over Wandavision. She had essentially come to the realisation at the end of that of the consequences of what she had done and how terrible it was. It was quite clear Raimi never watched the whole series.
But that’s the Darkhold, man. That’s what the very last scene in wandavision was all about.

Just watched it.
Plenty of very cool moments. Liked it a lot.

When it become clear that Defender strange was dead, I knew Zombe Strange was coming, but I didn’t see him as the hero. That was a very cool twist.

I don’t believe the third eyed strange is sinister strange, I’m more inclined to go with the theory that it’s 616 strange, in a desolate future.

the Agent Carter “I could do this all day” line. 😅
Prof X in the flesh was cool, even though you knew it was coming.
Loved seeing Reed, John K.

I was just pumped to see the Illuminati even though they all got murdered, but I really hoped Namor was going to show up on those thrones too.

What about the line from Strange “I love you in every universe”. Oh man. What a romantic.

+1 for Chavez was a cool character. I did laugh reading people in here having a problem with her get a talking to and then becoming a better version of herself, mainly due to the irony of this being posted on a footy discussion board, where we expect coaches to do this with players every week, during quarter time, half time and so on.

Good movie though, loved see Charlize jump into the MCU as Clea.

But that’s the Darkhold, man. That’s what the very last scene in wandavision was all about.

I think they didnt quite hit people over the head enough with this.
The biggest gripe Ive seen so far is the "Wanda became a villain to easily/conveniently! But the seeds for her entire arc were planted in a TV series which has always been a bit of a risk for the MCU, knowing not all of their audience will seek out extra content on Disney+ that allows the movies to make more sense.

Wandavision spoilers I guess, if someone here has somehow not watched it:

I'd argue that it's more the end of the last episode before that darkhold mid credits tease that feels out of place in retrospect. The whole Wandavision series is, it turns out, about Wanda doing something evil in order to be with her family. Then you get Wanda reading the darkhold to try and do something even more catastrophic to be with her family. So that all tracks. The problem is in between those two things Wandavision ends with trying to make her sympathetic and tries to get the audience to feel she is a good guy. So it feels flip flippy now. Maybe they shouldn't have tried to give Wanda a happy ending in Wandavision, which always felt odd to me anyway, and it wouldn't now be so jarring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wandavision spoilers I guess, if someone here has somehow not watched it:

I'd argue that it's more the end of the last episode before that darkhold mid credits tease that feels out of place in retrospect. The whole Wandavision series is, it turns out, about Wanda doing something evil in order to be with her family. Then you get Wanda reading the darkhold to try and do something even more catastrophic to be with her family. So that all tracks. The problem is in between those two things Wandavision ends with trying to make her sympathetic and tries to get the audience to feel she is a good guy. So it feels flip flippy now. Maybe they shouldn't have tried to give Wanda a happy ending in Wandavision, which always felt odd to me anyway, and it wouldn't now be so jarring.
Wandavision was about her grief of losing Vision, and not understanding the consequences of her conjuring a reality.
She didn’t recognize the pain she was causing until it was shown to her because her own personal loss was all that she could see.

Then with the time to reflect on what she’d done the loss of her kids crept in and had her inquisitive about the opportunity that the darkhold would offer her to get them back. The darkhold soon engulfed her, removing her guilt or care for others.

That’s how I read it.

Finally got around to seeing this and thought I'd put in my 2 cents:

• Should have been called 'Scarlet Witch: Finding A Family'. I avoided trailers but based on the title alone I thought it was going to be a psychedelic romp through damaged timelines and multiverses caused from the No Way Home mishap and not purely about stopping a mum wanting to be with her kids. Just realised, why cant she find a new man and create a new family with him rather than go through the hassle via the multiverse?
  • Felt like it was cut very roughly at times and had pacing issues. I was in and out of paying attention.
  • Finally seeing Reed hit me in all the right areas.
  • Seeing Wanda let loose was worth the price of admission alone.
  • MCU feels like extended Disney+ episodes now, not sure if I'm a fan of that as it'll be really hard to make a timeless standalone movie. Wasn't a fan of Far From Home and No Way Home being connected.
  • At this stage if you are an actor/actress that hasn't been in a MCU project then you must suck haha.
  • Didn't really like the name America for the girl even though it's in line with the comics. We now have Captain America, America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel....
  • Having a star shape as the portal openings looked ultra lame as well. Felt like I was at a JoJo Siwa concert.
  • Was expecting to see Shang Chi but I guess if the release order was out of whack due to covid then Wong may not have met them yet.

- Saw this funny quote on reddit:
Wong: we can’t give her the book. if Wanda gets ahold of this book she could enslave not just us but ALL multiverses
wanda threatens 4 nameless soldiers
Wong: Damn alright the book is in this mountain u win

Finally got around to seeing this and thought I'd put in my 2 cents:

• Should have been called 'Scarlet Witch: Finding A Family'. I avoided trailers but based on the title alone I thought it was going to be a psychedelic romp through damaged timelines and multiverses caused from the No Way Home mishap and not purely about stopping a mum wanting to be with her kids. Just realised, why cant she find a new man and create a new family with him rather than go through the hassle via the multiverse?
  • Felt like it was cut very roughly at times and had pacing issues. I was in and out of paying attention.
  • Finally seeing Reed hit me in all the right areas.
  • Seeing Wanda let loose was worth the price of admission alone.
  • MCU feels like extended Disney+ episodes now, not sure if I'm a fan of that as it'll be really hard to make a timeless standalone movie. Wasn't a fan of Far From Home and No Way Home being connected.
  • At this stage if you are an actor/actress that hasn't been in a MCU project then you must suck haha.
  • Didn't really like the name America for the girl even though it's in line with the comics. We now have Captain America, America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel....
  • Having a star shape as the portal openings looked ultra lame as well. Felt like I was at a JoJo Siwa concert.
  • Was expecting to see Shang Chi but I guess if the release order was out of whack due to covid then Wong may not have met them yet.

- Saw this funny quote on reddit:
Wong: we can’t give her the book. if Wanda gets ahold of this book she could enslave not just us but ALL multiverses
wanda threatens 4 nameless soldiers
Wong: Damn alright the book is in this mountain u win
Rph5.gif

Finally got out to see it today. Yeh I’m very much in the “really really average at absolute best” camp.

It requires a lot of knowledge and back watching to be able to fully experience it properly and given I found Wandavision a real slog this just wasn’t good enough to warrant the work.

I also think a different director would have helped so many parts felt completely like a raimi film and not an mcu film.

Just finished this. God these movies are strange but I’m absolutely here for them. Find them very engaging.

so do we think she’s actually dead?

Certainly not, already plenty of rumours of her being in series coming up and also getting a stand alone movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back