• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They weren't the main culprits

Laird in tight, if cornered has the ability to power to space .....likewise Keays

Crouch, hasn't & will never have the skill to break free .....consequently he either dumps or handballs, with results we're all clearly aware of
shit take from you wayne.. you need to go watch the replay.

keays and laird grabbed the ball and simply jammed it straight on the boot in hope on numerous occasions throughout the game.. as the do every flipping game.

The fish rots from the head and that "head" is one of the least effective/talented/skilled senior midfields I have seen with the obvious exception of anyone under 23.
Disagree completely !!

The issue is the midfield mix ......having Crouch, Laird, Keays, and Berry, are too many of similar type players ....the poor mix was an obvious extension of bringing Crouch in ....who added absolutely nothing to that midfield today

Last edited:
Disagree completely !!

The issue is the midfield mix ......having Crouch, Laird, Keays, and Berry, are too many of similar type players ....the poor mix was an obvious extension of bring Crouch in ....who added absolutely nothing to that midfield today
If we're being honest, we can only have two of those types maximum in our midfield if we want to challenge. Hately included in that group, too

Reckon it'll be Berry and Keays - Laird back in defence by the time we (hopefully) get back to finals

Bar
Rowe and Hately not AFL standard

Coaches going back to a midfield mix that has obviously failed us in the past

Ugly
Not being able to stick tackles

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

s**t take from you wayne.. you need to go watch the replay.

keays and laird grabbed the ball and simply jammed it straight on the boot in hope on numerous occasions throughout the game.. as the do every *ing game.
I watch each & every game intently .....I might however understand the nuances of team building, a bit better

Can anyone explain the maths to me?

Brodie Smith - 24 possessions, 92% DE, 9 turnovers??
In addition to distance things people have brought up, pretty sure handovers or frees against are counted as turnovers. The run down HTB would be a turnover without a disposal recorded.

Disagree completely !!

The issue is the midfield mix ......having Crouch, Laird, Keays, and Berry, are too many of similar type players ....the poor mix was an obvious extension of bring Crouch in ....who added absolutely nothing to that midfield today
nope..

crouch, laird and keays are garbage.. we need to get rid of all three of them asap.

gone. never to return.

sure. its not possible to do it overnight.. but we need to do it as soon as we possibly can and starting from next week the three of them never get selected in the same team again. with the ultimate aim of eventually getting rid of them all.

they are shit midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad

Scott Burns has not improved our defence one bit at all

Our structure is poor, our players don't know how to position themselves when the ball comes in...

We let to many simple balls go over the back of the pack

We cough up simple goals by too many flying and no player covering the easy front and centre

Basic fundamentals that we are getting wrong week in, week out

nope..

crouch, laird and keays are garbage.. we need to get rid of all three of them asap.

gone. never to return.

sure. its not possible to do it overnight.. but we need to do it as soon as we possibly can and starting from next week the three of them never get selected in the same team again. with the ultimate aim of eventually getting rid of them all.

they are s**t midfielders.
Was it in the third when in our forward line, Laird handballs 2 feet to a teammate in front of him and knew the Hawks player was right behind him and would tackle him, which he did.

Our midfielders except for Soligo when we play him there have zero poise.

If we're being honest, we can only have two of those types maximum in our midfield if we want to challenge. Hately included in that group, too

Reckon it'll be Berry and Keays - Laird back in defence by the time we (hopefully) get back to finals
Forget that chatter .....Laird will be staying in the midfield

There's a lot of moving magnets ATM .....inc SANFL players, currently out of the side

I sense, there's a lot of auditions occurring currently, for end of season delistings .....the side is far from settled

Davis as the 23rd player ??

We are still terribly undersized & underweight ....can't lay tackles ...can't break tackles

Also worried about Butts .....doesn't show a fierce competitive spirit, isn't strong, and gets outmarked most of the time ......I accept the club has earmarked him as a player of the future ......that blooding though, is costing us each week ....albeit we haven't many alternatives

Bad

Our structure is poor, our players don't know how to position themselves when the ball comes in...

We cough up simple goals by too many flying and no player covering the easy front and centre

Yep, midfield and defensive structures are consistently poor. That's a VB and Burns problem as much as it is a Nicks problem

I've like Rahilly's work though

We need a skills coach as we are so poor, it’s terrible to watch. Effort is there but doesn’t mean shit if we continuely give it straight back. All this talk about getting better is stupid.
They got about 6 goals for poor tackling, a few by turnovers. We gave the game away before it started.
I understand it’s going to take time in a rebuild but surely kicking can’t be that hard?? Just try to put it to our advantage instead of doing the Shoey and throwing on the boot straight to their players.

I want to see Nicks come out and say “we are focusing on kicking and tackling “.
Bad
Crouch can’t play again, I hate seeing 5 centermetre handballs. He’s terrible with zero impact.
Hately is terrible that and zero to our game.
Not sure where Milera is at but he’s doing stuff all.
Shoey is getting the ball but doing stuff all with it as well.

Good
Parnell and Hamill showed a bit today, it’s amazing that but of pace they have given them an extra second to dispose the ball well unlike the rest of the team.

Bad

Spot on !!

Biggest issue is for our defenders to read the incoming ball quicker than the opposition .....great defences anticipate that incoming ball

Agree, we also misjudge the flight of the incoming ball ....which is part of my earlier point, panic causes way too many balls going over the back ....sometimes 2 Crows defenders both missing the spoil completely

Forget that chatter .....Laird will be staying in the midfield

There's a lot of moving magnets ATM .....inc SANFL players, currently out of the side

I sense, there's a lot of auditions occurring currently, for end of season delistings .....the side is far from settled

Davis as the 23rd player ??

We are still terribly undersized & underweight ....can't lay tackles ...can't break tackles

Also worried about Butts .....doesn't show a fierce competitive spirit, isn't strong, and gets outmarked most of the time ......I accept the club has earmarked him as a player of the future ......that blooding though, is costing us each week ....albeit we haven't many alternatives
Even by 2025/26? Unsure about that

Agree about our overall lack of strength. Can't execute a proper pressure game like Nicks appears to be focusing on if you can't consistently execute tackles. This has to do with our lack of height across the 22 as well, which is why I think someone like Turner could actually end up more useful than McHenry or Rowe if he came into their role

And yep, Butts a bit of a worry. Hasn't grown as an overall defender this year, not nearly dynamic enough. Doesn't have that unbeatable prime Talia strength in the 1v1's. I actually think Murray's shown more promise than Butts recently

For all of Sholls lack of toughness, we’ve decided playing Hately and Crouch are better options. Think about that. Our coaches choose crabs on the wing over metres gained running players in one of the few attacking positions in the ground. Disgrace. Nicks has to go.
Agree Nick's needs to go but Dawson and Cook should be on the wings. Sholl is being traded end of the year. No point playing him.

Back