Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 33 Community Rooms: Roys Premiers !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Halal Snack Packs are on Mooch!

HSP-scaled.jpg
Father Suns you have missed a great year to be a Roy!

Mobbs and Dingster
#WOSHMOBBSDING has been an absolute pleasure and I’m going to miss our wild LG PM more than I can say. Your new clubs are extremely lucky to have you and we are extremely lucky to have won a Premiership with you. So many seasons here and still a major force and major care factor for the League from you both. Respect.

Go with love…nothing but love.

418E899A-2EA8-41D3-A156-1BAEDFC73CA7.gif

I'm hoping this isn't the first mistake you've picked up in the B&F tonight......
Everything else seems above board to me. But I will need you to wipe all of @Zevon’s votes from the record for integrity sake.

Onwards and upwards Roys!
I’d like to tag my old friend Kabanna in, I used to play with her back in the day and she’s keen to jump back into the SFA with the Roys so come say Hi!

I’d like to tag my old friend Kabanna in, I used to play with her back in the day and she’s keen to jump back into the SFA with the Roys so come say Hi!
I remember Kabanna. Nice pick up.

Geeze talk about being inconsolable for 5 minutes and then moving on to find another replica!

But seriously Wosh ,
Mobbs and Dingster
#WOSHMOBBSDING has been an absolute pleasure and I’m going to miss our wild LG PM more than I can say. Your new clubs are extremely lucky to have you and we are extremely lucky to have won a Premiership with you. So many seasons here and still a major force and major care factor for the League from you both. Respect.

Go with love…nothing but love.

View attachment 1452545
It has been a very special time. Enjoyed every minute of it, even the minutes that I hated, I still enjoyed. I remember the day yonks beforehand when you were at the Warriors, and I wrote a massive dumb backstory which linked the Warriors to half the Sharks and various other weird non-existent (yeah, even LESS-existent) teams like the Mushroom Snatchers. And you went so goo goo ga ga for all my codswallop that I knew we had a serious convert to the insanity of this world right here!

Then I discovered your argumentative side and it got even more interesting!

I'm very glad for the time we spent together. You too Dingster ... similar stuff in some ways - you were our sole external Stats Sheet Poker player when it was underway a few seasons back. And wow were you bad at Stats Sheet Poker! We were able to rent the room with the view of pet food cannery on our end of season trip, instead of the room with the view of can pettery. All thanks to the Clarkemonies we made from your gambling addiction.

I'm gonna miss everyone here, but seriously to step outside the 4th wall for a minute ... whispering we're still all on the messageboard and equally as physically distant from each other as before. So, we're never apart.

And everyone please remember, my door is always open. It was stolen. Whichever one of you bastards took it, please return it, or at least hung up a shower curtain or japanese changing alcove concertina or something. It gets cold in here and when it gets cold I lose confidence.

Where are Mobbs and Dingster going?

Does this mean I get to be an “”’Elder Statesman’?
Next season there is a 13th team - The Ophidian Old Boys - and I will be a foundation member for a couple of seasons to help steer them to ... probably oblivion :)

Where are Mobbs and Dingster going?

Does this mean I get to be an “”’Elder Statesman’?
Delisted.

Mobbs will come up with some story about joining some expansion side bla bla but really TDC decided Father Time catches up with the best of us and a new contract was not forthcoming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1452325

Yippyio Award - Leading Goal Kicker
View attachment 1452326
First indulge me and let me acknowledge our other goalologists. Allikat with 27 and Elmer_Judd with 22 both consistently hit the score board and kicking over 20 goals for small forwards is a great return. zackah had a truly outstanding season kicking 38 goals and numerous nudie runs, not because of donuts, rather because he can. Some shrewd recruiting delivered 60 goals!

What more can we say about Mooch who kicked 79 goals to be on 676 career goals which ties him with Roys legend Fred being #4 of all time goal kicker and closing in on The Filth Wizard for #3. Mooch really built his season to perfection starting slowly by his standards to the point Allikat gave him a clip moving him to HB for a game, but he responded by a strong back half of the season and Mooched the finals kicking 22 goals. If 4 goals is a reasonable haul for a FF, Mooch kicked 4 or more 14 times.

It would also be prudent to remember Moochy's 350th game during the season and I caught up with friendly rival Tarkyn_24

Ding: Tarks what are your first thoughts when you think of Mooch?
Tarks:
He’s synonymous with the Roys for me, which is a credit to him as the Roys are probably my favourite matchup every season. He’s never been one to demand the spotlight of full forward, but when he’s commanded it he has been an outright dominant force. Probably the most natural full forward the SFA has ever seen.

Ding: You both have three Freds each and that doesn't look like changing this season. How badly do you want #4 or should both play elsewhere and be joined eternally at the hip?
Tarks: Any SFA accolade is a nice to have, but the game for me has shifted away from solely goalscoring and has been for a long time. My preference would probably be to see Mooch remain at full forward which I perceive to be his career calling, and to take the Fred Medal record in his own right from me sooner rather than later. I really like Mooch’s legacy and to see it be enhanced even further is ideal.

Ding: Which two AFL FFs would you say you both are?
Tarks: Mooch is easier to place than I am here - he’s a natural, long term, dominant full forward. Tony Lockett was a personal favourite of mine growing up as the GOAT all time AFL/VFL full forward and Mooch’s career certainly seems to replicate his exploits most closely.

I’d probably argue that I’ve played a career more reflective of the versatility of a Chad Cornes or Matthew Pavlich, spending significant time at half back, in the midfield and key position forward, but even those comparisons fall short as I signed up to the competition and still prefer to play as a ruckman when given the opportunity to do so. Maybe Paul Salmon might be the best comparison if we talk solely forward and ruck craft for me in terms of what I visualise myself as embodying.

I feel filthy for comparing myself to Chad Cornes, but it could be worse. It could be Kane.

Grats again Mooch on fab season and another Yippyio for the trophy cabinet.
Mooch 😍

Great write up as always Ding 🍸

Remove this Banner Ad

Back