Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting from the main board. Puts a bit of context to things

kuotzfp01nf91.png

check out the number of games average played by us compared to the other rebuilding sides

This is very stark in showing where we are at compared to the competition. We are on average 60 games less played than Port. That’s 3 full pre seasons and almost 3 complete seasons on average. I hope that puts into perspective our performances this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is very stark in showing where we are at compared to the competition. We are on average 60 games less played than Port. That’s 3 full pre seasons and almost 3 complete seasons on average. I hope that puts into perspective our performances this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shows how bad our drafting, development and general list management has been.

Interesting from the main board. Puts a bit of context to things

kuotzfp01nf91.png

check out the number of games average played by us compared to the other rebuilding sides
I'm bored so have plotted the data above with a trend line. Might be an easier way to look at it. Have put ladder position alongside the team name in the data labels.

AFL - Games vs Age.png

I'm bored so have plotted the data above with a trend line. Might be an easier way to look at it. Have put ladder position alongside the team name in the data labels.

View attachment 1467654

Maybe I'm mis-reading that graph, but it looks like despite playing the most amount of KIDS the last 3 years we're still somehow below trend line for age/games played alignment?

Correct. probably reflects how few senior / experienced players on our list

but if we're young we should still sit above the trend line if we're forced to pump games into kids. In reality, I know the answer, it's 2 things. First is that we were coming from a long way back because we'd actively denied viable opportunity to kids in favour of injured or out of form seniors. And 2, even though we've played a lot of kids, we have still playEd all, or very nearly all, our senior guys each week.

but if we're young we should still sit above the trend line if we're forced to pump games into kids. In reality, I know the answer, it's 2 things. First is that we were coming from a long way back because we'd actively denied viable opportunity to kids in favour of injured or out of form seniors. And 2, even though we've played a lot of kids, we have still playEd all, or very nearly all, our senior guys each week.
Yeah, I just rechecked and it’s match day squad averages.

So I tend to agree there are two factors at play:
1. Despite playing most / all seniors available each week, we just don’t have as many senior players as other teams
2. Historically we have not taken the opportunity to get games into younger players when we could (call this the Mackay effect)

Yeah, I just rechecked and it’s match day squad averages.

So I tend to agree there are two factors at play:
1. Despite playing most / all seniors available each week, we just don’t have as many senior players as other teams
2. Historically we have not taken the opportunity to get games into younger players when we could (call this the Mackay effect)
Keays, Dawson, Hinge, Frampton, Himmelberg, McAdam, Doedee, O’Brien.

All have played a significant chunk of footy in the seniors this year. They all bring our average age up, but relative to their age have not played much senior footy. I don’t know how this stacks up with other teams but I think it’s a factor.

Doesn't help that in the last few years we have kept selecting guys who are about to be traded/delisted, even during the rebuild. Douglas, Jacobs, Kelly, Mackay, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else conflicted?

On one hand I thoroughly loved watching the game last night but now i am disappointed Nicks has another win to hide behind.
As we get better we will soon find out if Nick's can coach or not. He is improving but whether he can take us too a flag is debatable.

As we get better we will soon find out if Nick's can coach or not. He is improving but whether he can take us too a flag is debatable.
Whether he can tactically get us there is the question.

I think he’s proven he can build a strong club culture and motivate and manage players. Given all that’s gone on this week, at a time we’re hoping to bring across Rankine and potentially JHF, is now the time to move away from that?

I sent him one of those when he first started and it bounced so he doesn’t use the standard afc emails unless that’s changed
Get the crowd this week to print a simple A4 "SACK ROO". Hold it up in silence for one minute from the minute siren until the bounce.

A few thousand of those will get the point across. Ten thousand will make the national news. Job done...

Get the crowd this week to print a simple A4 "SACK ROO". Hold it up in silence for one minute from the minute siren until the bounce.

A few thousand of those will get the point across. Ten thousand will make the national news. Job done...

Thats classless mate and it will only take away from the current onfield team. its best to keep this issue away from our games.

Thats classless mate and it will only take away from the current onfield team. its best to keep this issue away from our games.
Insulating the players is impossible. They will be fully aware of the situation. Unless the club is still not supporting player welfare, (I'm sure they are) the club will looking to minimise the impact on players, not avoiding it.

A silent protest at a home game is the people speaking directly to the club. Sometimes when in a desperate situation, you need a desperate response. This cuts through in a direct, forthright and assertive manner. Being"classy" has little to do with it when your faced with a desperate situation.

I'm not arguing, just passionate that the club is facing it's greatest crisis and the easiest step forward for the club is so obvious. But a week on from Eddie's disclosures, we have so little from the club. An apology from a guy who had nothing to do with any of this. Where's the board? Where is Roo speaking as a board member (not a radio guy).

You say my idea is classless. I won't argue that my idea is abrasive, ostentatious and classless, but in my opinion, our director of football retaining his position on our board is classless. Him defending the camp is classless. Him not apologising to people we hurt while employed by us is more classless. If we retain Roo as our director of football, that's classless.

I see only two options left for Roo.
1. If he genuinely had little to no knowledge of or planning role in the camp, he must be a s### football director.
2. If he did fully understand what happened and has been complicit in the aftermath, he must be a s### bloke as well as point 1.

Lastly, a hypothetical to ponder...
Privately, I wonder how many players, coaches, staff members, club members, board members... actually would be happy if Roo stood down and took the responsibility for the camp his role mandates he must.

Worth a poll really.

Peace to you. We're all on the same team here.

Insulating the players is impossible. They will be fully aware of the situation. Unless the club is still not supporting player welfare, (I'm sure they are) the club will looking to minimise the impact on players, not avoiding it.

A silent protest at a home game is the people speaking directly to the club. Sometimes when in a desperate situation, you need a desperate response. This cuts through in a direct, forthright and assertive manner. Being"classy" has little to do with it when your faced with a desperate situation.

I'm not arguing, just passionate that the club is facing it's greatest crisis and the easiest step forward for the club is so obvious. But a week on from Eddie's disclosures, we have so little from the club. An apology from a guy who had nothing to do with any of this. Where's the board? Where is Roo speaking as a board member (not a radio guy).

You say my idea is classless. I won't argue that my idea is abrasive, ostentatious and classless, but in my opinion, our director of football retaining his position on our board is classless. Him defending the camp is classless. Him not apologising to people we hurt while employed by us is more classless. If we retain Roo as our director of football, that's classless.

I see only two options left for Roo.
1. If he genuinely had little to no knowledge of or planning role in the camp, he must be a s### football director.
2. If he did fully understand what happened and has been complicit in the aftermath, he must be a s### bloke as well as point 1.

Lastly, a hypothetical to ponder...
Privately, I wonder how many players, coaches, staff members, club members, board members... actually would be happy if Roo stood down and took the responsibility for the camp his role mandates he must.

Worth a poll really.

Peace to you. We're all on the same team here.

Remember the outcry when someone put a sack ken sign at Alberton. What do you think the commentary is going to be. Oh, and 100% you will be removed from the game.

Its also not a desperate situation to sack Roo right now. It will not do anything. Creating a storm around our games and playing group will not achieve the result we want.

Remember the outcry when someone put a sack ken sign at Alberton. What do you think the commentary is going to be. Oh, and 100% you will be removed from the game.

Its also not a desperate situation to sack Roo right now. It will not do anything. Creating a storm around our games and playing group will not achieve the result we want.
I believe the storm is already blowing hard. There is zero defence possible for the cover up. Waiting for a victim statement to explain something shameful and hurtful and then stalling (club action) or dismissing (Roo) says loud and clear we've lost our right to be "the pride of South Australia".

Regarding the sacking of Roo not being desperate, what press are you consuming? I can't remember even Essendon getting as much acrimony.

I want to be proud of my club again. IMO, what they do next really matters to many, many people.

I believe the storm is already blowing hard. There is zero defence possible for the cover up. Waiting for a victim statement to explain something shameful and hurtful and then stalling (club action) or dismissing (Roo) says loud and clear we've lost our right to be "the pride of South Australia".

Regarding the sacking of Roo not being desperate, what press are you consuming? I can't remember even Essendon getting as much acrimony.

I want to be proud of my club again. IMO, what they do next really matters to many, many people.

Yes, but sack roo signs at a game will only tarnish our history.

Did I mention you will be kicked out...and probably banned and membership torn up?

Yes, but sack roo signs at a game will only tarnish our history.

Did I mention you will be kicked out...and probably banned and membership torn up?
Did you see the Port supporters wearing "sack Hinkley" garb and holding up a sign on the weekend?

Back