Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Would Hird in Wellman’s role perhaps strike the balance between satiating the messiah desire and finding someone with enough applicable skills to interface between the football program and the boardroom?

Could see him on the board. We know his footy I.Q and regardless of what people think of his role in the saga, Hirdy did show he can stand up for himself.

Paul Barnard just updated our WhatsApp group

“He’s ours”

The Paul Barnard storyline has been so bizarre and obscure that I almost hope it's true lmao

We're copping some criticism for 'gifting' Hurley a farewell game. From memory we were also criticised for not giving TBC one.

Make no mistake we are an utter rabble, but gee its hard for us to do anything right in the eyes of many.

With the negative attention the Bombers are getting at the moment, a farewell game for a club champion seems like a smart move given finals aren't being played.

Sorry for invading your board btw

Just realised I've been posting in this thread a bit. Hopefully I'm not overstepping my mark lol

The Paul Barnard storyline has been so bizarre and obscure that I almost hope it's true lmao
I see the north board didn’t see the humour in the pure insanity of the news cycle and my sarcastic meme of Paul barnard’s whatapp group being a news breaking service

With the negative attention the Bombers are getting at the moment, a farewell game for a club champion seems like a smart move given finals aren't being played.
It makes zero difference to anything big picture. All it does is show respect and gratitude in a small way for someone that has given his all to a club that let him down utterly. If anyone has a problem with that they can gagf tbh.

I see the north board didn’t see the humour in the pure insanity of the news cycle and my sarcastic meme of Paul barnard’s whatapp group being a news breaking service

Mate, we've cleared 15k posts in 2 threads for Clarko - we're going mad lol

I'm not a huge Slobbo fan, but that's a pretty unnecessary cheap shot by Wilson to call him a Hird mouthpiece, and to say Robbo suggesting Clarkson should go to Norf to mean he wants Hird at the Bombers.

She really has it in for us, Hird specifically. She is almost unlistenable.
FTFY

I will be shocked if Clarko doesn't sign with North. Has been in discussions with them for over a month, discussions have gotten to the point where North have actually presented him with a contract offer. You don't go putting contract offers to someone unless there's a very strong indication that they are interested in accepting it. Further to that, he's said that he'll make his decision within days. Unless someone representing Essendon has actually been in contact with Clarko for quite some time (which has been floated but seems to be just rumour at this point with no official confirmation) then the idea that he'll drop everything with North and change his mind to sign with us within 4 days of us asking is pure fantasyland.

I mean, you can get around it the time required for him to do due diligence etc with us. Simply a case of hey Clarko,

Name your contract length
Name your price
Bring in your own people to review the joint top to bottom
Anybody from the CEO to the barrista is gone if you say so

Then he has any questions answered after he gets here and simply shapes the whole joint as he wishes.

I imagine that’s something like what we’ve offered him. It’s what we do with messiahs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re one of my favourite posters Ev3, always welcome mate.

You say that until we land Clarko, at which point I feel like I might change your mind

I mean, you can get around it the time required for him to do due diligence etc with us. Simply a case of hey Clarko,

Name your contract length
Name your price
Bring in your own people to review the joint top to bottom
Anybody from the CEO to the barrista is gone if you say so

Then he has any questions answered after he gets here and simply shapes the whole joint as he wishes.

I imagine that’s something like what we’ve offered him. It’s what we do with messiahs

barrista out - jobe in

next minute...bloody boys club

I haven’t eaten dim sims in years and strangely have a weird craving for them
In typical Essendon fashion we are yet again days behind North in subject matters

this ******* club.....

You say that until we land Clarko, at which point I feel like I might change your mind

Personally I'd celebrate the implosion they've brought upon themselves.

coffee burn GIF

Sheedy is there for one reason: he is almost impossible not to get elected.

So either they:
  • have him on the board and try to utilise him as best they can, protect their own interests by putting him in the elected seats, or
  • let him free in the world and someone comes along with a board spill and have Sheedy as the face of their ticket.

Something about pissing and tents springs to mind.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back