Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
260k this year. You would think he gets 30% discount at a minimum.
Rookie priced imo. Anywhere from 150-200k imo.
Guessing though.

With a 30% discount he should be around $182k. What's the bet Supercoach remove the DPP and make him Mid only.

Our midfield is getting a bit ridiculous. We need wings and talls more imo.
Having 1st pick means your forced into taking a mid. I doubt we trade any in.
Wingman are a need. Not folks like pedlar.
Talk on the Suns board is trading up to get Wardlaw. Suns likely to get Brisbane's first as they need points so could have 5/7/12-15.

North could trade 1 and some future picks for 5 and 7 and then take some tall's.

With a 30% discount he should be around $182k. What's the bet Supercoach remove the DPP and make him Mid only.
Did he play any VFL this year? If not then they usually retain their positions.

He's probably worth picking even as a mid only tbh at that price.

Talk on the Suns board is trading up to get Wardlaw. Suns likely to get Brisbane's first as they need points so could have 5/7/12-15.

North could trade 1 and some future picks for 5 and 7 and then take some tall's.
If we get pick 2 as a pp I reckon that happens 100%.
If we dont I reckon we most likely do what we did last year and organize a trade with Brisbane in our favor for not bidding.

If we get pick 2 as a pp I reckon that happens 100%.
If we dont I reckon we most likely do what we did last year and organize a trade with Brisbane in our favor for not bidding.
Well for what it's worth I don't think the Suns should do that, too many questions on Wardlaw's fitness. Better to take Busslinger @ 5, much more of a need.

Do you think North will get pick 2? I haven't been following the news since SC finished.

Well for what it's worth I don't think the Suns should do that, too many questions on Wardlaw's fitness. Better to take Busslinger @ 5, much more of a need.

Do you think North will get pick 2? I haven't been following the news since SC finished.
We applied for a package of picks like you guys got. 6000 points was the request. Nothing new on it since we did the application. I doubt we get 6000 points.
If I had to bet it would be picks 11 and 19 + a few extra rookie list spots. This would only effect teams who made finals. Path of least resistance for the afl.
That's a guess though.
Afl lotto

We applied for a package of picks like you guys got. 6000 points was the request. Nothing new on it since we did the application. I doubt we get 6000 points.
If I had to bet it would be picks 11 and 19 + a few extra rookie list spots. This would only effect teams who made finals. Path of least resistance for the afl.
That's a guess though.
Afl lotto
Yeah AFL is random af at times haha.

Clarko will trade those picks for players anyway. Probably to the same finals sides that complain for the players they can't keep due to cap pressure.

Yeah AFL is random af at times haha.

Clarko will trade those picks for players anyway. Probably to the same finals sides that complain for the players they can't keep due to cap pressure.
I hope he does trade them.
3/4 of our list is still developing.
Adding 3-4 more kids probably makes us worse. Senior players is the go imo.

I hope he does trade them.
3/4 of our list is still developing.
Adding 3-4 more kids probably makes us worse. Senior players is the go imo.

I heard he wants Brad Hill I wonder if the Saints would let him go he is contracted until 2025

I heard he wants Brad Hill I wonder if the Saints would let him go he is contracted until 2025
Salary dump is the rumour.
900k per year. 3 years to go.
North pay full salary and get him cheap.
Idk how I feel about it tbh.
He would improve us but that is stupid money.

Still really like Kiddy Coleman. Most weeks where I thought he didn't do much, he still shat out 90-odd. Another pre-season under his belt should help him. Wouldn't surprise me if the level of emphasis on him vs Rich as the designated distributor increases as well. Won't be cheap, but will be under $500k. Would be hoping for a similar return to what Crisp provided for me this year and I paid an extra $100k for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Seedsman will be able to play again?

They’re talking as if he’s working towards it from what I’ve heard. But it would be a massive risk for his health and the club may be looking to get games into someone younger on the wing anyway so I’d be surprised.

Sad as he’d only just got to his best last year.

2023 SuperCoach Bargains
Tarryn Thomas (North Melbourne). Estimated price: $292,000 MID/FWD

Can Alastair Clarkson unlock the true potential of North Melbourne’s No.8 draft pick from 2018? We certainly hope so. Thomas looked certain to make the jump to KFC SuperCoach premium status after finishing the 2021 campaign with three tons in five matches and an average of 103 in his last seven games.

Yet, for a variety of reasons including form and role, Thomas’ average regressed from 84.4 to 53.7. He’s expected to be about $170k cheaper to start next season than he was in round 1 this year and will surely be one of the biggest pre-season focuses for KFC SuperCoaches.

He’ll likely be about $65k more expensive than Will Brodie started this year, but the potential for a similar breakout season is clearly there. Thomas averaged 25 disposals, 131 KFC SuperCoach points and 7.4 score involvements in five VFL matches, including scores of 164 and 148. Over to you, Clarko.

Nat Fyfe (Fremantle). Estimated price: $309,000 MID/FWD

Nat Fyfe for less than $350k? Surely not? It sounds crazy – even writing it felt wrong – but it might be a reality next year after the Freo skipper averaged 63.3 from seven games during an injury-hit 2022 season. If an injury discount is applied, Fyfe might even come in at closer to $300k. And, that’s before we even consider the fact he’s likely to be listed as a FWD/MID.

Will Phillips (North Melbourne). Estimated price: $207,000 MID-FWD

Let’s say the No.3 draft pick from a few years back gets a 20 per cent discount after not playing a game this year? That would price Phillips about $207k to start the 2023 season, only $9k more than many coaches were prepared to pay to have him in their teams before his debut was pushed back to round 3 last year. Hoping for a 30 per cent discount might seem a bit rich, but we can only dream.

Depending on the rookie situation next year – and Phillips’ health – paying $190k or thereabouts might become a necessity. He was listed as a FWD/MID this year and should Phillips retain DPP status and work his way into Clarko’s plans, he might be the cheap F6 many coaches crave.

Hunter Clark (St Kilda). Estimated price: $311,000 DEF

Could the injury-cursed Saint be the Jack Sinclair of 2023? The breakout ingredients are all there – top-10 draft pick entering his seventh season, and no one doubts Clark’s talent. Getting on the park regularly has been the issue – being subbed out at halftime in round 23 with a groin injury summed up another frustrating year.

It’s fair to say he has shown glimpses rather than consistent evidence of elite KFC SuperCoach scoring ability (his best season average is 81.7 in 2020) but he will be priced at around a 60 average and the Saints are screaming out for some class through the midfield.

Oh My God.gif

Errol Gulden (Sydney). Estimated price: $466,000 FWD-MID

A premium jump was surely only a matter of time – after all, Gulden posted 139 and 136 in the opening two games of his career. Finishing the season with an average of 85.7 doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that Gulden can launch to 100-plus next season.

What does, however, are the shifts we saw in his game and role this year. Gulden spent more time on a wing this season and won more possessions than his debut campaign behind the ball.

The beauty is he spent more than enough time in the attacking 50 to still be listed as a FWD next year. Gulden’s average was ranked 33rd of this year’s forwards, but only 11 points off the top-10 (Adam Treloar was 10th at 96.4).

Hayden Young (Fremantle). Estimated price: $502,000 DEF

OK, a player costing about $500,000 doesn’t scream bargain pick.

But Young is charting towards an average of 100-plus, having lifted his average from 77 to 92 this year.

The reason he’s on this bargain list is that he could be a keeper for just over $500k. Between rounds 13-21 this year the 21-year-old ranked fifth of all general defenders in the AFL for uncontested possessions and marks, sixth for disposals and eighth for intercepts.

Young finished the season with an elite disposal efficiency of 82.1 per cent, which compares favourably to top KFC SuperCoach defender Tom Stewart (84.2 per cent). Young averaged 97.3 from round 12 onwards.

What about this bloke? :moustache:

Lachie Whitfield (GWS Giants). Estimated price: $468,000 DEF/MID

Could we? Whitfield is on the ‘never again’ list of many KFC SuperCoaches after burning the more than 80,000 who started him this year at what we thought was a bargain price of $502k. But there were some excuses. Whitfield was played all over the field – often in the same game – and missed matches with ankle and hip injuries, which he probably also carried while he was in the team.

His form improved under Mark McVeigh – averaging 94 after the Giants’ bye – but it will all come down to new coach Adam Kingsley and how he uses Whitfield in the pre-season. If he parks him at half-back and allows him to maximise his elite running and disposal, it will be hard to resist a 28-year-old priced at 86 who has averaged 90-plus in five of the past six seasons including 111 and 104 in 2019-20.

What about this bloke? :moustache:

Lachie Whitfield (GWS Giants). Estimated price: $468,000 DEF/MID

Could we? Whitfield is on the ‘never again’ list of many KFC SuperCoaches after burning the more than 80,000 who started him this year at what we thought was a bargain price of $502k. But there were some excuses. Whitfield was played all over the field – often in the same game – and missed matches with ankle and hip injuries, which he probably also carried while he was in the team.

His form improved under Mark McVeigh – averaging 94 after the Giants’ bye – but it will all come down to new coach Adam Kingsley and how he uses Whitfield in the pre-season. If he parks him at half-back and allows him to maximise his elite running and disposal, it will be hard to resist a 28-year-old priced at 86 who has averaged 90-plus in five of the past six seasons including 111 and 104 in 2019-20.
I deliberately ......no, I refused to add the Whitfield info .....my physiatrist says I'm not allowed to think or talk about Whitfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back