List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best case scenario RE the compo pick that PA can get for Amon?

Best case: End of first round.
Next best: Second round (would become pick 27 (ignoring all the other free agents))
Worst case: end of second round or even third round.

(I guess technically it could be a first round pick which would become pick 9, but that seems pretty unlikely for Karl Amon).

Sounds correct especially since the playing ban in 2019 , once back at training at WCE pretty sure his family stayed in the NT .
As I recall it, the details are rather vague, his wife has never lived in Perth. I assume he would have been living with her in the NT in the two years of the ban. Perhaps this is what he is talking about when he refers to stability and a ‘comfortable life’ - living with his wife. Possibly she would be prepared to live in Adelaide where her sister is (?) but not Perth. So the PA offer appeals from this point of view - he can live with his wife. I am just trying to join dots here from scraps of information, decipher comments and read between the lines.

Last edited:

😂 lol the club isn’t looking after Willie for his own good.

West Coast is protecting itself, from a player who could fall off the rails at any time, as any smart club should do.

And Wilie is looking out for number one.

Yes, Willie does owe West Coast.

But we’re talking about a player who struggled to remain professional athlete his entire career, and has made poor and questionable decisions during his career.

Quite frankly, he’s the poster boy for the type of player you trade out for draft capital when heading in to a rebuild.

The big question is how do you get max value out of Port.

Well of course not. We didn’t keep him on the list for two years or pay his QC bills because he’s mentally fragile. We wanted to keep his talent on the list even with all the BS that came next.

If it was Ainsworth for example, he would’ve been gone the next day.

My point was, he’s taking a contract as if he knows he’s going to stuff up again… I just need that extra bit of money (which apparently isn’t significantly more) and a guaranteed extra year or two because I can’t even trust myself to get the best out of me or stay off the billy…. Oops I mean, “my family man”.

The board appears to be moving to the final stage of grief re: Rioli.

I am still in anger and will remain so unless:

1) whoever we draft/trade in with whatever we get for Rioli ends up a West Coast premiership player
2) Rioli fails at Port

If the AFL know the Amon pick is coming to us for Rioli would that influence what that compensation is? Wouldn't be the first time the AFL has manipulated FA compensation to get other trades over the line.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Supposedly they improved the compo Geelong got for Motlop to improve the package Geelong could offer Gold Coast for Ablett.

But would they do the same thing to help us out? Unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Whateley is a spineless turd.
Robbo on 360 last night said "Rioli absolutely owes WC" and he said SFA.

Someone please dig up an article on the Tim Kelly situation that highlights the little nerd being a gross hypocrite.

I’m sure that as a Cats supporter there would be a contradictory take from him somewhere in the ether.

Why are people trying to turn Rioli around now?

If your Mrs said she wants out and has eyes on other men, her then agreeing to stay shouldn’t fill you with confidence that it will go back to how it was.

Especially if she has an injury history, is lazy and has the tendency to get on the bongs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I used to rate Whateley, but in the past 2-3 years he's become one of the worst. I rarely agree with him, I'm really not a fan and these comments are BS.

He thinks he is the authority on all things footy and thinks his say is the final say on everything. W@nker.

Me when i find out the news Rioli is staying and Nesbitt has now offered him 3 years with more coin.

angry magic the gathering GIF

Why are people trying to turn Rioli around now?

If your Mrs said she wants out and has eyes on other men, her then agreeing to stay shouldn’t fill you with confidence that it will go back to how it was.

Especially if she has an injury history, is lazy and has the tendency to get on the bongs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think too many are trying to hold on to him now.
Just want to be compensated fairly.

The angst is the lack of loyalty.

People need to calm the feck down. Loyalty may mean something in football, but not at the expense of your family and future. Football is an industry, as shown by the fact the Eagles were only willing to put a shortened contract with conditions in front of Rioli (which is reasonable) and Rioli choosing a longer contract with less conditions that sets him and his family up for the future (also reasonable). It sucks but the Eagles are right not to match Port's offer, it's a risk they are in a position to make but we are not, therefore we just have to accept that Rioli moves on.

Sure, the interview wasn't great, but Rioli doesn't seem like the smartest or most media savvy player in football. A bit of refreshing honesty, if anything.

after what we've had to put up with with the two year ban that excuse goes out the door. hes still getting a decent contract with decent coin just doesnt want to be under stringent conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back