Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For sure, just commenting on the hypocrisy that abounds at this time of year with clubs.
He is keeping Lobb because Logue requested a trade, not specifically because he’s in contract so I don’t buy that he’s a hypocrite in this sense, it’s more structural (I expect he will still leave - as most do FWIW).

Don’t get me wrong. Plenty of it goes around, Tony Cochranes bizarre outburst about Rankine wanting to leave is one example but I don’t think Bell is being a hypocrite in this example.

Equally, Schache is an Elite Runner (he covers huge distances each game) and Elite kick for a big man. It’s all about system. I’d rather a KPF who can lead and kick straight rather than another tall that will simply get in Naughtons way. And I’m not against getting Lobb but I’d rather Schache in the forward line. If it was a toss up between getting Lobb and listing Schache or the other way around I’d keep Schache and focus on a forwards coach to make it work.

Equally, Schache is an Elite Runner (he covers huge distances each game) and Elite kick for a big man. It’s all about system. I’d rather a KPF who can lead and kick straight rather than another tall that will simply get in Naughtons way.
Lobb (surprisingly) often clocks up 95-100% TOG which is huge for our rotations.
Cordy also covers Schache-like distances when he's played forward.
I do wonder how much of it is effort or smart running, and how much is just not knowing exactly where to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* it, let’s ask for Cameron as an opening bid. Ridiculous of course and they can laugh it off but we must not get bent over on the Dunkley trade. We should not accept s**t in return! In Power I trust. God save the Power!
If Power is dealing with Power, who should he ask for?

Get a pure ruck like Soldo or Grundy and tell English he plays for the Bulldogs, not for himself and make him play what ever role we had in mind for Lobb.
Proclaiming that you want to be the number one ruck isn’t the same as demanding that you only play in the ruck. It’s just another dumb big footy trope to suggest he wouldn’t play wherever he’s told.

Proclaiming that you want to be the number one ruck isn’t the same as demanding that you only play in the ruck. It’s just another dumb big footy trope to suggest he wouldn’t play wherever he’s told.
I hope that’s all it is. If it is, forget that part of my post.

Good grief, what's going on at the Dockers? Is it Bobby's job to sort all this out. Wowsers.
It looks bad but in reality Meek is behind Darcy & now probably Jackson and no chance at first ruck ever at freo

Logue doesn’t have a spot in their backline either and is being offered a spot & big money at Norf and Lobb was always moving to Melb due to his missus so there’s fair reasons for all of them

Didn't he move back here because of homesickness, and to be close to family? I wonder how keen he would be to move. Hopefully being older, more maturity would allow him to make the move for his career.
Yep your right, he was lonely in Qld even though the Lions recruited Skinner to be with him someone that at least he knew and had appeared in his social media. There were stories going around how miserable he was and a total loner. Mind you he did loose his dad quite young, who had played with the Lions, so I can understand how close he might be to his mum. Schache was actually our 2nd option, we wanted Jacob Weitering whom had done pre-season training with us and If we hadn't won a dam game late in the year would have had pick 1 and got him. But Carlton won the wooden spoon and got him, so we took what we thought was next best at 2 with the view he could be a Jonathon Brown replacement (cough cough).

I followed Schache around the boundary a few games in the Reserve grade, he was really afraid of contact although he was a big unit as a kid. He just wouldn't crash into packs and more likely back off and wait for the ball. Looking at the intensity needed in this year's finals I cant see a contender like Freo valuing him in a trade. Any player that played even 1 game at the Lions I have the greatest respect for - Josh was probably a bit on the bottom end of my appreciation scale from what I saw.

Yep your right, he was lonely in Qld even though the Lions recruited Skinner to be with him someone that at least he knew and had appeared in his social media. There were stories going around how miserable he was and a total loner. Mind you he did loose his dad quite young, who had played with the Lions, so I can understand how close he might be to his mum. Schache was actually our 2nd option, we wanted Jacob Weitering whom had done pre-season training with us and If we hadn't won a dam game late in the year would have had pick 1 and got him. But Carlton won the wooden spoon and got him, so we took what we thought was next best at 2 with the view he could be a Jonathon Brown replacement (cough cough).

I followed Schache around the boundary a few games in the Reserve grade, he was really afraid of contact although he was a big unit as a kid. He just wouldn't crash into packs and more likely back off and wait for the ball. Looking at the intensity needed in this year's finals I cant see a contender like Freo valuing him in a trade. Any player that played even 1 game at the Lions I have the greatest respect for - Josh was probably a bit on the bottom end of my appreciation scale from what I saw.

He’s not universally loved here either . He’s the definition of a confidence player. When he stuffs up once early on , he turns to water for the rest of the game . He gets dropped to the ressies, puts in a body of work, gets recalled to the seniors. He plays two good games, one bad game, gets dropped and the cycle behins again.

He’s not Leigh Matthews but he’s not scared of body contact any more. He’s better at finding space than crashing packs; that’s ok if he does it consistently. Not everyone’s a hard nut .If he’s timid it’s because he doesn’t trust himself.

He’s got supporters on this board , and plenty of detractors.

I honestly thought he’d retire this year . Maybe if he goes somewhere and puts in ten games in a row it might click . I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back