Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobb (surprisingly) often clocks up 95-100% TOG which is huge for our rotations.
Cordy also covers Schache-like distances when he's played forward.
I do wonder how much of it is effort or smart running, and how much is just not knowing exactly where to be
I srill remember Michael Talia having the best 3km time trial time of any key defender, other than Mark Blicavs, in the league

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Go hard for defenders and shuffle the rest of the pieces around to suit.

Having Cordy, Gardner and a hobbling Keath as our best defenders cost us this season.

Absolutely. It killed us. It was cringeworthy, downright embarrassing.

I hope we are chasing hard for key position defenders. It's critical. Cordy and to a lesser extent Gardner are hopless. Keath has a year left.

4Seasons

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite often he plays with Darcy so it’s a bit deceptive. I think he’ll thrive if someone gives him the reigns
Yeah maybe.
I thought he got a good shot toward the end of the year, with Freo trying Darcy a bit up forward, and Darcy often had to go back into the ruck to save the game.

But like you said, if given more reigns so to speak, and persisted with may help.

Plenty of potential for sure.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm a Raynor fan, but I know he has his critics.
He's the type that can turn a game with 10-12 disposals for the match. High impact with his game involvements type.
You are right and I'm not criticising him but we are waiting for that game he changes. It's like he is a super hero, flashes in and flashes out he just doesn't stay around. He promises so much, you see glimpses of it then a moment later he is gone. He is a good team mate, always seems enthusiastic, performs in the media really well and I've openly said could be a good leadership type. Maybe with McStay leaving we will only play the 2 tall forwards and Rayner as the hybrid tallish half forward and get him in the game longer from there.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s a RFA which is surprising. He’s not worth top 25% wages at a club if that’s what he’s looking for again. I’d be worried about him in our “system” but I have that fear for any defender we bring in.
One of the Lions supporters mentioned on another thread that his contact was back ended, hence him being in the top 25% coming out of contract.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McStay played 22 games for Brisbane this year, Gardiner 21 and Adams 18.

If McStay is gone and Adams concussion and body issues make his future problematic, Id vbe surprised if Brisbane can afford to let a 3rd tall go to bring in mods (Dunkley and Ashcroft).

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
I guess we will find out today if Dunkley is off to the lions or port.

No chance he would want the attention of Brownlow night

He should have already announced it but such is he and his entourage

If he does comes to us I'll cheer for him as I would anyone, but gosh he seems like a bit of a douche
Wasn’t he promised last year when he wanted out, that he could leave this year? A bit douche of the Dockers if that’s true.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I guess we will find out today if Dunkley is off to the lions or port.

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back