Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep your right, he was lonely in Qld even though the Lions recruited Skinner to be with him someone that at least he knew and had appeared in his social media. There were stories going around how miserable he was and a total loner. Mind you he did loose his dad quite young, who had played with the Lions, so I can understand how close he might be to his mum. Schache was actually our 2nd option, we wanted Jacob Weitering whom had done pre-season training with us and If we hadn't won a dam game late in the year would have had pick 1 and got him. But Carlton won the wooden spoon and got him, so we took what we thought was next best at 2 with the view he could be a Jonathon Brown replacement (cough cough).

I followed Schache around the boundary a few games in the Reserve grade, he was really afraid of contact although he was a big unit as a kid. He just wouldn't crash into packs and more likely back off and wait for the ball. Looking at the intensity needed in this year's finals I cant see a contender like Freo valuing him in a trade. Any player that played even 1 game at the Lions I have the greatest respect for - Josh was probably a bit on the bottom end of my appreciation scale from what I saw.
Imagine wanting another Jonathon Brown and getting Josh Schache

Imagine wanting another Jonathon Brown and getting Josh Schache
Don't know about you guys but we are pretty shocking with our first round draft picks. Ely smith, Josh Schache, Blake Coleman, James Wish, Sam Mayes, Billy Longer, Jared Poles - the jury is still out on Cameron Rayner but in that lot we do have McCluggage so 1 out of 9 aint great odds.

Don't know about you guys but we are pretty shocking with our first round draft picks. Ely smith, Josh Schache, Blake Coleman, James Wish, Sam Mayes, Billy Longer, Jared Poles - the jury is still out on Cameron Rayner but in that lot we do have McCluggage so 1 out of 9 aint great odds.
Jarrad Grant, Tim Walsh and Andrejs Everitt not too flash, but we haven't done too badly otherwise, so yes I think you have us covered.

I'm a Raynor fan, but I know he has his critics.
He's the type that can turn a game with 10-12 disposals for the match. High impact with his game involvements type.

He's the type that can turn a game with 10-12 disposals for the match. High impact with his game involvements type.
That's what Stringer was supposed to be, Raynor doesn't seem like a dickhead though.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's what Stringer was supposed to be, Raynor doesn't seem like a dickhead though.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

At both their best Stringer is probably the better player but Stringer is rarely at his best. It bewilders me how in list assessments he is classed as an A grader for Essendon.

That said I do like Raynor, given he took a little while to adjust to AFL, build some type of tank and then injured I would still prefer him ahead of Stringer as a player and not considering the dickhead factor.

Good grief, what's going on at the Dockers? Is it Bobby's job to sort all this out? Wowsers.
I don’t think too much sinister is going on.
They’ve just drafted really well over the last couple of years, and have a few blokes ready to step up, coupled with some fringe players who can make more money elsewhere that they’re not willing to pay big money too.

A bit like us with Lipinski and Young last year.

Lobbs a bit different. Seems the genuine mercenary type coming close to the end of a contract. They’ll probably lose him the same way they gained him. So again, more a player rather than club issue.

I’ve seen a bit of Meek, and I’m a bit all over the shop with him. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don’t.

He certainly plays well in the WAFL, even often completely dominating. But doesn’t do a whole lot at AFL level. He does seem to get a few chances despite them having Darcy and Lobb.

I’m sure plenty of clubs will have a look. Seems far better than Sweet, but then again could be a bit like Schache. Good in the seconds and that’s it.

I'm all for getting Lobb, but if Bell wants to be a little big man and dig his heels in, I'd turn attention to Meek and English can cry me a river and play the Lobb 2nd ruck/forward role. That situation could actually work out better as English continues to get monstered as first ruck.

I'm all for getting Lobb, but if Bell wants to be a little big man and dig his heels in, I'd turn attention to Meek and English can cry me a river and play the Lobb 2nd ruck/forward role. That situation could actually work out better as English continues to get monstered as first ruck.
Can Meek move around the ground well enough for us?
He seems a bit too old school for a 'Bevo' ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen a bit of Meek, and I’m a bit all over the shop with him. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don’t.

He certainly plays well in the WAFL, even often completely dominating. But doesn’t do a whole lot at AFL level. He does seem to get a few chances despite them having Darcy and Lobb.

I’m sure plenty of clubs will have a look. Seems far better than Sweet, but then again could be a bit like Schache. Good in the seconds and that’s it.
Quite often he plays with Darcy so it’s a bit deceptive. I think he’ll thrive if someone gives him the reigns

Can Meek move around the ground well enough for us?
He seems a bit too old school for a 'Bevo' ruck
I agree, unfortunately not the Bevo type. I still hold out hope, that one day a semi competent ruckman will be tapping the ball to Bont, McRea and co.

I felt we were a bit lucky he didn’t play in the SF last year, he might have been the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back