Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont have my head around this salary dump stuff, how big is Bowes contract that GC are willing to give him up and pick 7, just to get his $$$ off the books?

Even if we didn’t have much wriggle room cap wise, a deal like that would make you consider trading Dow, Setterfield, de-listing Curnow and doing the deal.

It sounds like an offer too good to be true.
I doubt we have the space, but worth the discussion.
Next yr is a super draft
So I hear. I still like the idea of an extra first round pick this year though. Next year's first is about the only sellable commodity we have to get one though.

Exploring some salary dump options (us taking on salary for picks), doubtful it will happen as players have taken unders to bring in established players and don't want to ruin that good will but talking with those players to hear their thoughts.

Given this now confined bluemour came in a few days ago and Cal Twomey broke the story overnight with 4 clubs names suggests the Suns went to a lot of clubs with the same offer a few days ago and then one leaked it to Twomey who started trying to get answers from every club if they are interested.

Sounds like Bowes will have some interest and the Suns could even go with the highest bidder (of what they get back for Bowes plus Pick 7) and presumably some of the clubs not under salary cap pressure and building a young list will be aggressive in bidding.

Even if we want to do the deal someone like Essendon could offer their future second which should be worth more than ours. Then again it’s Dodo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You have to take the heavy salary and you get a good player and pick 7. How big is this salary?

It sounds too good to be true, what’s missing?

If Bowes and pick 7 is on the table, surely you could trade others out or delist and make space.
It's not happening at Carlton. They are maximising salary for talent. Not draft picks/salary dump.

Been told this first hand. Don't mean to be a downer but you can come up with all the scenarios in the world, they won't be happening at Carlton.

Haven't heard anything about Bowes he isn't exactly a player we would be crying out for anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not happening at Carlton. They are maximising salary for talent. Not draft picks/salary dump.

Been told this first hand. Don't mean to be a downer but you can come up with all the scenarios in the world, they won't be happening at Carlton.

Haven't heard anything about Bowes he isn't exactly a player we would be crying out for anyways.
It may not be happening because we have restraints apparently and may have to endure watching Dow, Fogherty and Setterfiled playing VFL footy for yet another season.
Hope all the best for these lads in Navy Blue next year and beyond, but just cant see it.

Pick 7 looks great, Bowes heavily back loaded salary doesn’t. Nor does his injury history.
Don’t believe we are in a position for such moves, especially considering we are creating a culture of our big names signing for unders to build long term success.

Acres won’t cost much in draft capital. Both clubs are pretty happy with where it sits. Won’t be our second.

Pick 7 looks great, Bowes heavily back loaded salary doesn’t. Nor does his injury history.
Don’t believe we are in a position for such moves, especially considering we are creating a culture of our big names signing for unders to build long term success.

Acres won’t cost much in draft capital. Both clubs are pretty happy with where it sits. Won’t be our second.
Thanks for the info Forty, are we interested in anyone else? Jack Graham could he be someone we might look at?

Pick 28 and future 2nd or 3rd for
Bowes and pick 7
I would do that in a heartbeat
Be nice to have #7 & #10 at this year's ND! Don't know anything about Bowes ( but 1st round draft pick I think? ) or extent of salary dump - but otherwise ( In your scenario ) it's essentially: 2 X mid / late 20's picks for #7.

A smart leadership group would look at this opportunity to get a top 10 draft pick and a former top 10 pick who could come right as a good thing for our flag chances moving forward.

How bad could his remaining contact be and how often do these opportunities come up.

A smart leadership group would look at this opportunity to get a top 10 draft pick and a former top 10 pick who could come right as a good thing for our flag chances moving forward.

How bad could his remaining contact be and how often do these opportunities come up.

Someone on another board mentioned 1.6m over 2 years.

I think he'd be a good recruit if we can somehow smooth that over 3 or 4 years. Crazy money otherwise.

Someone on another board mentioned 1.6m over 2 years.

I think he'd be a good recruit if we can somehow smooth that over 3 or 4 years. Crazy money otherwise.

2 years of pain and get Pick 7 and Bowes.

Yes, we would have to spread it. Try to tack a year on. We might still have to take the 800k hit for 2 years but how much would we improve?

We have to think on our feet here and be bold.

Yes, we would have to spread it. Try to tack a year on. We might still have to take the 800k hit for 2 years but how much would we improve?

I’d say there are other clubs with greater flexibility in their cap that can also offer him a spot in the 22.

No brainer if we can get it done. He’s not a bad player when fit either.

It would be pretty insulting to guys like Cripps and Charlie, just to get #7.
Goes entirely against our ethos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back