Survivor: 2009 Booze Cruise Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

SpiritOfCarlton

All Australian
Nov 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Went down a little rabbit hole and need some help.

Looking for the last survivor of the infamous Carlton Booze Cruise just before Christmas in 2009 where several Carlton players were left in somewhat compromised circumstances.

My question is. Who is the last surviving AFL player from that day.

It can only be two.

Both Zach Tuohy and Levi Casboult were nabbed by the Blues in the rookie draft on 15th December 2009.

We picked the eyes out of the rookie draft that year.

Based on the 2010 Carlton list these are the only two guys still playing AFL.

So we all know the story of how Levi joined this cruise in basically his first week at the club and was basically handcuffed to Judd and exposed to a lot of drinking which the young man was not accustomed. His Dad had to be called to pick him up and Pappa was not impressed.

My question is: Was Zach also part of this cruise? Or was he still in Ireland, the draft was 15th December and the cruise just days later. If he participated he had to be in Australia already.

If Zach was not there we have one of the most unlikely scenarios of young Levi being the last man standing playing AFL football after the infamous Booze Cruise.

Was it Dennis Armfield who was handcuffed to Fevola that evening and terrified?

And Andrew Walker or Mitch Robinson? was handcuffed to a rail on the ferry, if it had an accident and sunk...

Only 14 odd years ago, but imagine if that happened now.....

Reckon we can leave it to the rugby league boys though....they still love that stuff. What other code does a star player miss a game due to getting on the p1ss during the week, and the Coach and Captain joke about it in the post match presser.

Only 14 odd years ago, but imagine if that happened now.....

Reckon we can leave it to the rugby league boys though....they still love that stuff. What other code does a star player miss a game due to getting on the p1ss during the week, and the Coach and Captain joke about it in the post match presser.
Glory days, glory days….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder of where Carlton have been the last 23 years. Salary cap scandal, year after year of terrible lists and unprofessionalism on and off the field from all departments. Allowing clubs to rocket past us in terms of how we structured our football department, what staff we had and how we managed our list. Player behavior issues. At one point it just seemed like it was always Carlton players up to no good. Booze Cruise, Anguin and Norman, O'hAilpin and Cloke, Betts getting arrested for being drunk, Mitch Robinson getting injured getting into fights, Lappin, Merrington Fevola attacking a student with a fire extinguisher, the long list of everything else Fev did...

Looking back it's been a really s**t time for over 20 years now to be a Carlton supporter. It's taken us a while to fix all this.

Survivor… apt. The last man standing from that disgraceful period is the victim… Levi Casboult.

Just a reminder of where Carlton have been the last 23 years. Salary cap scandal, year after year of terrible lists and unprofessionalism on and off the field from all departments. Allowing clubs to rocket past us in terms of how we structured our football department, what staff we had and how we managed our list. Player behavior issues. At one point it just seemed like it was always Carlton players up to no good. Booze Cruise, Anguin and Norman, O'hAilpin and Cloke, Betts getting arrested for being drunk, Mitch Robinson getting injured getting into fights, Lappin, Merrington Fevola attacking a student with a fire extinguisher, the long list of everything else Fev did...

Looking back it's been a really s**t time for over 20 years now to be a Carlton supporter. It's taken us a while to fix all this.
not a fix so much, we needed to evolve out of this and that meant the wrong people going away and staying away for whatever reason.........

I thought the media premise, and dig deep they tried, was that Levi was handcuffed to Judd?

Never openly wrote that but the media were definitely intimating Juddy was the culprit and trying everything to get the smoking gun evidence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"Don't talk about the war"

I'm putting my faith in Brian Cook to 'right the ship' and that the club at long last is getting its act together off the field,
which hopefully in the long run will see the club rely more on the draft and less on poaching free agents from other clubs
and paying long term big money contracts to a handful of 'star' players and incidents like the booze cruise are consigned to
to the dark past of the club.

However I was dismayed to read Cooky wasn't going seek a contract extension after his present three year term expired at the
end of 2024. If this is true, for the sake of CFC's long term future, I hope he reconsiders his position.

I'm putting my faith in Brian Cook to 'right the ship' and that the club at long last is getting its act together off the field,
which hopefully in the long run will see the club rely more on the draft and less on poaching free agents from other clubs
and paying long term big money contracts to a handful of 'star' players and incidents like the booze cruise are consigned to
to the dark past of the club.

However I was dismayed to read Cooky wasn't going seek a contract extension after his present three year term expired at the
end of 2024. If this is true, for the sake of CFC's long term future, I hope he reconsiders his position.
he's as important as our number 30.............

Pretty sure the answer is Levi Casboult.

From memory he was in a bad way too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back