Analysis Charlie Curnow Coleman watch 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Its the end of Round 7 and Charlie Curnow is on 30 goals and tracking for a Fevola (99 goals) by the end of Round 24 (and a century in the first week of Finals if we make it that far). He’s just kicked 9 against West Coast and he has one more game against them in Round 19.

Jeremy Cameron is also tracking for 100 goals this season and he did kick 4 against the Eagles.

If no injuries we could be at the start of an epic race between Charlie and Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think both Cameron and Charlie will fall short of 100, but would br great to see it happen.

Yes the odds are against both of them but with recent changes in rules and style it’s been a bit easier to score and this season there’s an extra game too - and both are in ridiculously good form so far this season

But if either or both are at 70 with 6 games to go (ie average 4.1 for first 17 games) it will be game on…

I have a feeling they’ll both be rested in some games this season if the circumstances warrant it. If we had been scheduled a couple of more games under the roof at marvel then Charlie would probably be more of a chance. Only 6 more for us but geelong have 8 more home games left. Could be the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker gets him in the last round when they feed him every time they go inside 50 against the eagles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep Charlie will want to be 10 goals clear going into Round 24 - and the AFL will likely schedule the Crows-Eagles game on Sunday as it’s less important so Taylor will know what he needs

Hopefully Brisbane and Sydney will put the clamps on the Crows and Taylor before Round 24 so that Charlie can build up that cushion.

Charlie is facing 2 of the 3 stingiest defences next two weeks - but he did just kick 6 against the stingiest defence so there’s hope.

It will be an amazing feat if achieved. I saw Jezza achieve it at the MCG in 1970. I was at VIC Park in the same year when Peter McKenna kicked 9 to reach 100. Definitely one of the great feats to witness.
Sorry Robbo… I only just saw this post several months later!

Out of interest, from a pure perspective of crowd involvement in a game, where does the McKenna century at Vic Park stand? I can imagine the ferals were going absolutely nuts?

Charlie’s on top of the goal kicking. Would indicate he’s had a good year. The medal would be nice but it’s not his focus. Great player. Great team player. I’ll take that as more important than an individual achievement.
💯
Charlie, everyone would rather be playing finals in a heartbeat, medal just a great 😌 bonus along the way 👍

Sorry Robbo… I only just saw this post several months later!

Out of interest, from a pure perspective of crowd involvement in a game, where does the McKenna century at Vic Park stand? I can imagine the ferals were going absolutely nuts?
It was a riot. It’s a long time ago but it happened at the member’s end and running onto the ground in those days was acceptable behaviour. Spectators were happy to get close to their heroes and then jump back over the fence.

It’s a shame but you don’t see players like McKenna anymore. Tall and agile. Quick as a gazelle when he took off on a lead. Usually Barry Price delivering the laser pass. Impossible to stop. And the best kick for goal I’ve seen. 60 metre drop punt goals like shelling peas. I think we tried Raggsy Goold on him in the home and away that year. In the end that’s why we played Kevin Hall on him in the GF.

PS: I just looked up the scores from that day. No wonder I’ve removed Carlton’s effort from my memory. 77 point loss. 13-23 to 2-12. McKenna kicked 9-6.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back