Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How often does Carlton invite F.S's and N.G.A's to train and connect through-out the year?
We don't seem to be harvesting very many good ones.

Well we aren't training them and monitoring them years out. We may give them some advice on training and nutrition.

It would be good if they could come in once a week.

Well we aren't training them and monitoring them years out. We may give them some advice on training and nutrition.

It would be good if they could come in once a week.
How would compare with some of the interstate clubs do you think?
We have a heavily populated NGA zone(unless something's changed), why don't we invest more resources here?

How would compare with some of the interstate clubs do you think?
We have a heavily populated NGA zone(unless something's changed), why don't we invest more resources here?
Our NGA seems to be a bust. We did appoint someone, Zac Dawson I think, to work in this area but I think we let himgo because of Covid.

Unbelievable how little we hear about our efforts in this regard.

The interstate clubs have full on academies. Not surehow much they meet. Some of the border lads hardly go there I think so a few of those acquisitions are unearned. Pretty sure they work a lot with the city boys though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Abby McKay interview Sophie McKay, and Sophie say she was better than Abby and their Dad.

Well, she is 20 this year so either didn't nominate for the draft or went undrafted.

I'd suggest humility and hard work before next year.

I saw Abby McKay interview Sophie McKay, and Sophie say she was better than Abby and their Dad.

Well, she is 20 this year so either didn't nominate for the draft or went undrafted.

I'd suggest humility and hard work before next year.

I just saw it as a bit of sibling banter, nothing serious.

Sophie is still at school (Year 10). So a few more years before she’s eligible.

Almost want to drive up to Echuca to watch Cody Walker go about it. Looking forward to the next few years for some hopeful high end father sons... then we have the great white hope coming in 2029.

374EB6A300000578-3744610-image-m-37_1471412206938.jpg

Seen him in a Carlton jumper plenty of times too.

Iirc Juddy said (admittedly a while back) that his favourite player was Naitanui but his favourite team was Carlton.

Would make sense he'd want to wear Nats no.9.

McLeod was my all-time favourite player and I used to wear a Crows #23 despite being a Carlton fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back