Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, young Lukas Koutoufides has been selected in the VIC 12 and under basketball side. Seems to have lost a lot of his pudginess over the last 12 months and is about 6-7 inches shorter than his old man. If his old man starts balance and agility training him now, it’s going to help him in a few years time when he has to choose between basketball and football.

PS: it looks like his body is starting to add a bit of extra mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably looking at a number of future draft picks the year before. The SA teams would be very interested in them I think.
While true, the plus that we have is we'd give them the opportunity to play together whereas that's more tricky via the draft.

Also I think fences have been mended as it is, with Scott joining our HoF and seeming very proud of it.

For those who don't remember, Campo was one of the top wingmen in the league for a good while, had an outstanding seasons in 2000 and was a premiership player in his first year. at his peak he was a high possession wingman, quick, run and carry player with elite kicking. He was very outside but that was in a time when the wing was just that and the game itself was a little more outside but he wasn't soft. He left Carlton and played a few season at the end of his career with Essendon. Of course not well taken at the time but who could blame the ones who left considering what we were then. We were North Melbourne but a hell of a lot worse and a lot more going on at the time.

If his boys play and they are as good or close to it as the old man then that is a great get for Carlton.

I think that I will be keeping an eye on them over the next couple of years. If they continue to develop at their current level, they will be good enough when their draft year comes around. If they continue to collect possessions as their current averages suggest, they will be good pickups.

The kid is 11. WT actual F!
Maybe I’ve missed a thread or a joke, but are some seriously writing off an 11 year old? Bloody hell.

My 12 year old has aspirations to play … odds are it won’t happen but why would these gutless keyboard warriors try to shatter the dreams of a kid on a public forum? FMD.

Like I said, maybe I missed something.

Last edited:
We'd want to be loading up on draft picks for their draft year then, 2 players to F/S in one draft is an ask, especially if they're looking like top 20s!
If they nominate Carlton, do you need to match on points or just next available pick? It's different to the academy players isn't it?

Maybe I’ve missed a thread or a joke, but are some seriously writing off an 11 year old? Bloody hell.

My 12 year old has aspirations to play … odds are it won’t happen but why would these gutless keyboard warriors try to shatter the dreams of a kid on a public forum? FMD.

Like I said, maybe I missed something.
I think the posters message has been deleted but, yes!

If they nominate Carlton, do you need to match on points or just next available pick? It's different to the academy players isn't it?
Match points.

Collingwood loaded up to give up everything for Daicos at pick 1 last season, ended up saving a few as the nom came at pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it’s still has its own thread but do we have any NGA prospects this season? A friend of mines son, plays school footy with the younger Gresham brother, who is still 3 years off I think, but supposedly injury prone already.

Not sure if it’s still has its own thread but do we have any NGA prospects this season? A friend of mines son, plays school footy with the younger Gresham brother, who is still 3 years off I think, but supposedly injury prone already.
Jade and his family were staunch Carlton supporters. I was spewing we didn't get him on board. Pretty sure he would have been our pick if he got to 23 instead of Cunners.

No real loss with the Gresh prince, I used to rate him lots but seems to have turned into a classic downhill skier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AFL hasn't released an official NGA list for this season. Very slack.

He is under 13s mate. Don't know where the injury prone stuff is coming from.

Sent from my SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back