Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

says who, there's nothing anywhere I've been able to find that says that.

also, a Herald Sun article from an hour ago talks about the ongoing negotiations with Rankine. I'm not giving them a cent, so does anyone know if it says anything worthwhile?
It says current discussions are supposedly around pick 5 and future 3rd for Rankine.

says who, there's nothing anywhere I've been able to find that says that.

also, a Herald Sun article from an hour ago talks about the ongoing negotiations with Rankine. I'm not giving them a cent, so does anyone know if it says anything worthwhile?

What does that mean? Surely, that is the initial "demand" from GCS, not our initial offer?
The story says that's where negotiations are settling at

you watch ******* Geelong get Bowes AND Pick 7...

Surprised they didnt get Grundy while they are at.

I bet officially Danger is paid well well under what he is worth along with a host of under players. Funny how Danger's parents are probably doing really well now since he returned to Victoria.

Such a scam.

The Premiers with a heap of stars, have cap space for a salary dump, yeah right
you watch..they will do the deal and then within weeks will be back at AFL house to renegotiate it down to to a 4 year deal at much less coin per year..in other words, they will get pick 7 for free

Think on this too, in the last few years, they would have given GC pick 27 and in return got picks 7, 11 & Bowes

you watch ******* Geelong get Bowes AND Pick 7...

Realistically the AFL should say ‘No’ to Geelong, Bowes and GC in this situation.

Already going to be bringing in Tanner Bruhn (former Pick 12) and Ollie Henry (Former Pick 17). Adding Jack Bowes (Former Pick 10), whilst adding Pick 7 to the equation (which conveniently would probably help them in actually attaining Bruhn & Henry), will make a complete farce of trade system, salary cap, Gold Coast etc. Constantly bringing in ready-made players whilst barely developing their own just makes a mockery of the whole club system. It completely takes the risk out of drafting kids for Geelong.

Gold Coast already have form for gifting Geelong a high draft pick in a pick swap (GC pick 27 for Geelong Pick 11 a few years back) that absolutely should NOT have been approved by the AFL at the time, but because it was GC it was given the green light.

The article about the ‘changing landscape’ of salary caps and the AFL being open to more lopsided picks for clubs taking on salary was purely directed at Gold Coast.

Watch it happen again with GC and Geelong, all the AFL were doing was telling other clubs they were going to eat a sh!t sandwich in a few weeks, as opposed to plonking it right in front of them, then and there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What does that mean? Surely, that is the initial "demand" from GCS, not our initial offer?
i-want-pick-5-gif.1519069

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you don't account for is he made us decide time and time again.

He did not. He did SfA wrong

We had already made a decision that he had talent when we traded for him. We decided he was worth the trouble after his drink driving indiscretion in April 2020. We decided he as worth the baggage when we extended him for 2 years in mid 2020. We decided he was worth the trouble after him and Crouch got caught with coke by the police and suspended by the AFl.

Our club has made that many errors its not even funny. I just don't understand why people chase the errors that don't exist.

Because this was a huge error, one of the worst.

I've made a conscious decision to ignore all the absolute rubbish that comes from trade radio. I refuse to listen to the Victorian BS.

So if someone can do it for me and keep me updated, I would greatly appreciate it :D

Can we give some members who plan to listen to trade radio religiously permission to post in the trade rumours (no discussion) thread?

If they could keep us updated and save us all the torture of trade radio I would be grateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back