Rumour 2022 Draft Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider posting your hypothetical Pick swaps, or opinions on what's fair, in the linked thread instead! That way, you can discuss in the proper space and this thread can remain more on topic

rumour (n)​

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
  2. gossip or hearsay

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok sorry it’s been done on our board to death.
Hawks give 41,50,52 to lions
Hawks give 48 to blues
Blues give 49 to lions
Lions give 35,36 to hawks
Easy.
Why would even Carlton be involved as there will be less point surplus for the Lions?
Hawks give 41, 48, 50, 52 to Lions for 35,36 would net an extra 15 points

Twomey has Essendon taking Tsatas & Saints taking Phillipou which seems to be the most contested predictions in the top 10. McGowan has stated Essendon are favouring Tsatas over Phillipou & said Saints will take the one Ess don’t take. McGowan phantom will come out later today I think. But sounds like the two most connected draft journos have settled on the picks that shape the first round/10. I think Ess are making a massive mistake taking Tsatas over Phillipou. I’d be very happy if Phillipou slides to the Saints. Looks a genuine star.

I still think if phillipou gets past hawks (which is unlikely) that one of the clubs in the teens (for example melbourne or even the dogs or gws) might offer a lot in a trade to geelong or wce to get up the order and take him (melb have form at it) so i dont think he will necessarily get to the saints at 9.

Why would even Carlton be involved as there will be less point surplus for the Lions?
Hawks give 41, 48, 50, 52 to Lions for 35,36 would net an extra 15 points

naa, there is around 200 points surplus
41,49,50,52 = 1218 pts
35,36 = 1024 pts

I still think if phillipou gets past hawks (which is unlikely) that one of the clubs in the teens (for example melbourne or even the dogs or gws) might offer a lot in a trade to geelong or wce to get up the order and take him (melb have form at it) so i dont think he will necessarily get to the saints at 9.

Mckenzie seems to be who the Hawks are after.

Depending on how much Geelong want Clark I see them as the most likely club to trade out of the top 10. It’s a free pick anyway.

My favourite part about Cal's phantom is how much everyone looks forward to it, and then when it comes out and it's not what they like the classic 'I have a feeling he'll get a bit wrong this year' comes out

My favourite part about Cal's phantom is how much everyone looks forward to it, and then when it comes out and it's not what they like the classic 'I have a feeling he'll get a bit wrong this year' comes out
Do you think he'll get as many correct as last year?

I'm happy to say that I'm not convinced he will. Not really whether I like his mick draft or not, just that there's a few things that seem unlikely IMHO. But if he does get as many correct, then it will certainly be "all hail, Cal Twomey!".

As to what I think will happen for real - no idea! Hence the fun of watching the draft as it unfolds.

Do you think he'll get as many correct as last year?

I'm happy to say that I'm not convinced he will. Not really whether I like his mick draft or not, just that there's a few things that seem unlikely IMHO. But if he does get as many correct, then it will certainly be "all hail, Cal Twomey!".

As to what I think will happen for real - no idea! Hence the fun of watching the draft as it unfolds.
I don't think it's going to be any better or worse than any other year, he'll miss a couple of the top 12 and then live trading will make the rest a little redundant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast have also been consistently linked to Phillipou, so that's a very real possibility too. Particularly if Ginbey is gone by our selection (having said that, most of our posters prefer Phillipou!).

Carlton should ask for a future fourth as we don’t benefit at all from it.
Then we can trade with Saints who have 47, give them F4 and Lions gain extra points as well. Effectively pick remains a 47 for Saints.
Can offer GC, the same at 45 too, will be only a 1 pick slide as Crows pick 46 will get used up.

or just trade with crows 46+56+59( 683pts) for 48+52+63 ( 687pts)

or 56+59( 352pts) for 52+63 ( 358pts)

Quite a few options to get around the pick 48 issue.

Mckenzie seems to be who the Hawks are after.

Depending on how much Geelong want Clark I see them as the most likely club to trade out of the top 10. It’s a free pick anyway.

I agree if we are set on clark i reckon we just take him as wce probably will if we dont.
Whereas if we are happy with any of humphrey/tsatas/busslinger/hollands etc then we might trade 7 back a couple of spots if we are offered a good deal in 2023 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back