The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is in the mood for a good laugh. Watch our game. The skills and decision making from both sides is hilariously bad.
Just woke up to watch it. Only reason we can be considered a top team is our defensive game, the rest is absolutely trash. Not sure how Ethan Hughes keeps getting a game... It's the definition of Einstein's Parable Quantum of Insanity.

Just woke up to watch it. Only reason we can be considered a top team is our defensive game, the rest is absolutely trash. Not sure how Ethan Hughes keeps getting a game... It's the definition of Einstein's Parable Quantum of Insanity.

I have long been the president of the anti Hughes club. As soon as O'Driscoll is right to go he'll be straight out. Hell, I don't really rate Walker and I think he should have been playing ahead of Hughes.

Only 2 weeks for Kozzy is an absolute ******* disgrace and if the AFL have any integrity they should appeal that themselves.
Given there are two ongoing lawsuits regarding concussion from former players, one would think the league would start to take it seriously. That should have been 6-8 weeks.

Given there are two ongoing lawsuits regarding concussion from former players, one would think the league would start to take it seriously. That should have been 6-8 weeks.
You should see the uproar over the red card in the six nations yesterday for a head hit... I'm not the biggest fan of the red card rule but with how many players who have dementia in Rugby you think people would get the idea that they're trying to stamp it out

the most bizarre part of it imo is careless conduct. i dont think you'll see a more targeted attempt at the head than that
The AFL and MRO have constantly stated that all bumps are considered careless. Been that way for at least 4-5 years at least.

The AFL and MRO have constantly stated that all bumps are considered careless. Been that way for at least 4-5 years at least.
well then it's flawed to start with. 95% of bumps are intentional, the other 5% is blindness from players running into each other.

well then it's flawed to start with. 95% of bumps are intentional, the other 5% is blindness from players running into each other.
Yes bumping is intentional. As is striking.
Difference is striking is banned. Bumping is not.

So all player lawyers make the same argument, he intended to bump the player, just not in the head.
Which is why the AFL has settled on bumps being careless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just woke up to watch it. Only reason we can be considered a top team is our defensive game, the rest is absolutely trash.

I think Longmuir's forward gameplan is that of a 50+ year old supporter at the footy - "JUST KICK IT!"

Longmuir got a lot of the credit for Collingwood's finals resurgence in 2018 & 2019 and I when I watch you guys I can understand it. The rigidly defensive game plan is very similar, and you have all the same forward line shortcomings. That type of footy can make you competitive over the course of a season but it won't win you a flag.

I was surprised that I was the only one in my work tipping comp to tip the Saints, don’t get the fuss about Freo at all.

Like Jatz, it was more the Saints being s**t and struggling with a huge injury list than Freo being anything amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back