Trades 2023 Round 3 Trades - Moo Time !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is very cut throat these days. I’m not trading any premos this early in the year apart from injury. You got them for a reason. One bad round shouldn’t change that. Focus on correcting rookies and MPM where e needed in my opinion.
This didn't work last year. Those who held underperforming premos last year never made up ground.

With so many trades and trade boosts, SC is becoming more like AF. Obviously not as much, but it's edging closer.

I don’t like SuperCoach with all these extra trades and dpp

It’s broken. Caters towards the casuals to boost clicks on their website and boost revenue through advertising.

The amount of articles, pod casts, information sought readily and all free kills any chance of you getting a step up on the competition. The game is now purely all luck.

PLUS don’t even get me started on their scoring system. Completely broken.

This didn't work last year. Those who held underperforming premos last year never made up ground.

With so many trades and trade boosts, SC is becoming more like AF. Obviously not as much, but it's edging closer.
You've hit the nail on the head .....you have to either be ahead of the pack, in trading players in .....or, you have to think out of the box

Doc's worst score in 2022 was 73 - the same score as his effort last weekend.

(In fact, he only had two scores in the 70s last year)

Coming off a 108 in round one, he's a hold and watch for me. The lack of CBAs is a bit disappointing, but he didn't need them last year to provide elite scores.

If he doesn't deliver something at least in the 90s this week, it is going to start looking like a pattern, not an aberration.

You'll be able to get Dale again for a much lower price if he returns to form. I've traded him to McKenna and made BULK DOLLARS. Dale would need to pull out a 140 and McKenna a sub 50 this week for any regret to be felt.

Looking at your side, you'd be able to turn Bruhn, Flanders or Clark into genuine premiums if you made the same trade.
Hearing you loud and clear Blackhawk. So, I reckon I'm down to two options, trading out Dale/Bruhn/Flanders for Daicos/D Cameron/McKenna or Chandler. Basically, comes down to McKenna v Chandler. See below for teams after the two trade options. Which structure do you like better.
It’s now or never for Clark!

I’m going against the odds and giving Clark one more chance, otherwise he becomes Bowes next week
I'm giving him this week, with Steele out. Hoping he improves, otherwise same as you he becomes Bowes if Bowes goes well again.
C Darcy being Darcy Cameron? At a quick glance you have enough rooks to make some moo. In the 2 scenarios presented, the trade that includes Dale means you drop one "premo" but end up getting two (or near enough to it if there's any conjecture).
The other trade you're getting rid of 3 speculatives that haven't fired yet but bringing in McKenna and Chandler who could cost you 4 trades if/when you need to upgrade them.
Tough choices.
With your setup I'd probably grab Daicos and Cameron (or Gulden, but with Marshall and English ruck cover with Cameron would be sensible)
Clark will need to go at some point though

Thanks for the reply, and yes poor typing on my part there. It is Darcy Cameron indeed, and for the exact reason you mentioned as ruck cover for English/Marshall.

So, Option 1 is Dale/Bruhn/Flanders to Daicos/D Cameron/McKenna leaves me with this:

1680049087595.png
Flanders gone for D Cameron, and Constable off field for McKenna, but means Hollands/Bytel come on field.

Option 2 is Dale/Bruhn/Flanders to Daicos/D Cameron/Chandler leaves me with this:

1680049260983.png

Chandler on the bench, Constable stays on field. $43k extra cash in bank.

Just can't quite decide which structure I like better.

Doc's worst score in 2022 was 73 - the same score as his effort last weekend.

(In fact, he only had two scores in the 70s last year)

Coming off a 108 in round one, he's a hold and watch for me. The lack of CBAs is a bit disappointing, but he didn't need them last year to provide elite scores.

If he doesn't deliver something at least in the 90s this week, it is going to start looking like a pattern, not an aberration.
From memory he thumbled a bit dropped marks as well which hurt his score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on trading Hopper to Setterfield, even if Hopper doesn’t miss this weeks game?
If he plays, don't do it

If he doesn't play, go for it

But be prepared to grab him again next week if possible. Because if he returns, keeps pumping out 120s and you don't have him, you're in trouble

B-e-a-utiful!

Have a rest Hop, get right for round 4.

Hopper to Setters is on!

Hopper back in next week :D
Why not just trade someone else to Setters?

Madness trading him out then straight back again imo. If he's going to miss 3+ absolutely, otherwise you're wasting trades.

Still thinking about the absolute deadshit moves I made the 48 hours before round one/within it to turn what would have been a top 1k tier team into a genuine basket case. Anyway, enough woe is me. In a s**t spot of my own doing. Trying to figure out how to get out of it, and now settling on a bit of a weird plan. Is this absolute madness to effectively ignore rookie downgrades? Logic below - looking at the rookie targets for it:

• Chandler: JS, and plays a role that shouldn't be scoring friendly. 82 avg more likely to be an outlier. If he avgs 55 from here AND keeps his spot, gains 150k
  • Long: JS, and makes the most out of low possessions to score some ok SC scores. But surely that doesn't continue if he doesn't find the ball? Also, WCE have had two close games before thrashings. If he avgs 50 from here, gains 120k
  • Caminiti: JS, and similar to long, can't see 53 being the go long term. 40 from here is 95k
  • Bergman: 55 from here and keeps his spot is 140k
  • Blokes like Philippou, Menzie, Michalanney, Uwland, Cowan, Comben, Greene in similar veins to the above but worse

Then blokes worth moving up to:

• Worpel: looks solid, if he goes at 95 from here, +200k
  • Setterfield: looks solid, if he goes at 95 from here, +175k
  • Ziebell: great role, if he goes at 95 from here, +160k
  • Daicos: 110 from this point means he's got 70k in him
  • D Cameron: 100 from here has 60k in him
  • English: 115 from here and he'll jump 40k
  • LDU: 120 from here has 65k in him

Considering some of the 'premiums' who look pooey and not best 22 like Darcy (-70k from here if he's 95) and Smith (-50k from here if he's 95) among others, surely for even cash gen reasons you'd be nearly equally better off doing Darcy to English/Cameron (~120-130k total price movement) or Smith to Daicos/LDU (~110-120 total price movement) than switching rookies to better rookies (i.e. a Flanders to a Chandler might get me 120k extra if Chandler keeps his spot and Flanders keeps being s**t).

So, thinking about not getting guys like Chandler in, and instead spending the trade on switching Darcy to English/Cameron instead. Or similar with Nick Daicos coming in. I reckon it could be a 'total value' neutral trade?

Reckon I'm going to commit to the no rookie strategy (but retaining the right to re-think and settle on Chandler, haha). Which might mean there's no reason not to keep Flanders one more week too.

Trade 1: B. Smith to N. Daicos (Constable -> Mids)
Trade 2: Bruhn to Setterfield (JHF -> Fwds)

Leaves 19.7k, and these Trade 3 options - thoughts?
1. Darcy -> D. Cameron (116k left)
2. Darcy -> English (0.9k left)
3. Chesser -> Chandler (19.7k left)
4. Hopper -> Worpel (42.4k left)
5. JHF -> Ziebell (11.3k left)
6. Hopper -> Ziebell (34.1k left) (Worpel instead of Setterfield in T2) (only if Hopper injured)
7. Flanders -> Hollands (115.7k left)
8. Flanders -> Callaghan (32k left)

---

Other options:
  • Give up on Daicos, get Worpel for Baz instead, then turn Flanders into Darcy Cameron (as a fwd) with the third trade, potentially moving on Darcy next week if he doesn't dominate BJ Williams in the derby. (112.8k left)
  • Give up on Daicos, get Worpel for Baz instead, then get Ziebell in for Flanders (102.8k left) (MacKenzie becomes M9 EMG though)
  • Give up on Daicos, get Worpel for Baz instead, then get Ziebell in for Esava (30.5k left) (and give up the Madden F8 ruck loop)

Madness trading him out then straight back again imo. If he's going to miss 3+ absolutely, otherwise you're wasting trades.
I can't. I have to choose between Setters and Ziebell. I'd rather grab them both, and get Hopper back in, if I need/want to.

So many people dropped 2 or 3 trades last week, so I'm OK for trades.

Gotta play the money game, then hope Hopper is still sore and misses another.

Blokes I should be sideways trading but I'm not because I'm not being a point chasing flog and I'm backing the lads in

Darcy > Cameron/English/Witts
Grundy > Cameron/English/Witts
Young > Daicos
Brayshaw > LDU
Hopper > Setterfield

There's lots of trades involving Neale, Doc etc., and breaking them and a failed rookie / mid-pricer up into two midrpicers, too, that you'd typically not feel comfortable with.
But the additional trades are probably best employed in getting your starting structure fixed based on the additional info we have off the first two rounds.
Whether that extends to Hopper I don't know,.think people are just looking for the best trade -out options to be able to bring in those blokes they reckon are must-have on the other end.
With Callaghan OK, I don't feel comfortable trading him out, but maybe it is better to swallow the pride and move him out even if he'll go ok to get a bloke in who'll rise in value as much / more faster and give more points on field while doing so. 🤷‍♀️
Going to be some unusual outs in the trades so people can enable the ins they're targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back