Merrett $587 - BE 89 (next week)
Parish $557k - BE 116
Sinclair $546k BE 113
Neale $636k BE 90

Break-Evens & Upgrade Targets

1681686994824.png 1681687030522.png

1681687111050.png

Last edited:

Have settled on Tom Green and Mack to Bont and MJ. Tom Green only misses a week but i already have too many M8 options in Crippler, Zerrett and Hopper. Bont has to come in at some stage and this week feels like the time. Saves me a boost and leaves me with 157k for a 1 up 1 down next week.

Out Ginbey,McKenzie and Baker
In Dawson, Johnson and Roberts.
Dawson expensive but with his low b/e it would be ages before I could afford him later. He’s in some sort of form at the moment, is a must have IMO.
Happy Williams is dropped this week.
get him next week if he comes back in. Fingers crossed he isn’t a late in.

Can I get some advice on what I should be doing trade wise this week to fix this mess. Really not happy with H.Young should i move him on?
Thing I will hold Green & Ginbey as i think he can score well. Mackenzie, Baker i will move on.
This is what i have come up with so far
Mackenzie -> Roberts
Baker -> Johnston
This banks me $330,600
Use a boost to get a premo but who to move on?
View attachment 1666073
Yep, with 30 trades, and a good team .....I'd use the boost to get Touk Touk

Good for your byes, under-valued, and a good stretch of games ahead .....choose the poorest performing player that facilitates that trade

Can I get some advice on what I should be doing trade wise this week to fix this mess. Really not happy with H.Young should i move him on?
Thing I will hold Green & Ginbey as i think he can score well. Mackenzie, Baker i will move on.
Mackenzie -> Roberts
Baker -> Johnston
This banks me $330,600
View attachment 1666073
I traded Young a few weeks back and have been happy with the decision- wouldn’t usually cull a premo early but his role just looked awful… would go extended periods in games without scoring at all… Freos game plan seems odd this season and not great for big scoring…

I’d be aiming to get Caminiti (suspended 3 weeks), Long (out injured this week) and Davey (low scorer and questionable to come back in) off the field ASAP. Consider trading them instead of MacKenzie (will play more games, possibly even this week) and Baker- warm bodies are always a good thing and keeps your cash gen going for future upgrades…

Look for fallen premos that are easier to upgrade to… Cogs at $485k might be one that you can bring in easily for a non scoring rookie without breaking the bank…

Last edited:
Out of interest, what do you like about Parish over other 550k-ish mids?
Proven scoring history at the SP level (114 avg in 2021 is SP, right?). Slight dip in avg to 111 last year included an injury affected 30.

He looks to score well through the middle of the year.

I'm not sure who else sub $570k is worth a punt.

Pendles has got to drop off at some point you'd suspect.

Brayshaw's form has been up and down - lacks consistency.

Short hasn't been getting a game. Plus I still see him as a defender.

Tim Kelly, Tom Mitchell, Adam Treloar - just no.

Brad Crouch is an interesting one. But prefer Parish.

Of course I'd prefer Touk, Bont, Neale, Laird etc but can't afford them.

Proven scoring history at the SP level (114 avg in 2021 is SP, right?). Slight dip in avg to 111 last year included an injury affected 30.

He looks to score well through the middle of the year.

I'm not sure who else sub $570k is worth a punt.

Pendles has got to drop off at some point you'd suspect.

Brayshaw's form has been up and down - lacks consistency.

Short hasn't been getting a game. Plus I still see him as a defender.

Tim Kelly, Tom Mitchell, Adam Treloar - just no.

Brad Crouch is an interesting one. But prefer Parish.

Of course I'd prefer Touk, Bont, Neale, Laird etc but can't afford them.

Serong 573k?

Can't get Parish anymore as I need to get Johnson instead of Williams so settling for Cogs.

1682039290198.png

Leaves me with this, planning to get Day next week and shift Cogs up forward.

1682039334955.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone talk me out of taking Toby McLean (172900) over Matthew Johnson (139000)

McLean has plenty of upside...

or can any Dogs fans convince me he's cooked?

PS: he was in my pre-season side until not named Round 1.

View attachment 1666038

Honestly? There's every chance Baker outscores McLean.
He's looked miles off it.
VFL team didn't play last week which had probably saved him for this week, but not sure at all of his JS moving forward.

No real obvious rookies this week, but want to start shedding one or two to keep the production line going.

Despite high breakevens, going to keep Ginbey & Mackenzie, as I still think they've got a little to go - especially the latter, as he was clearly stated as being rested last match. He's zero sub risk for Hawks & should score well. Need these boys on the field over your Oskar Bakers, purely as they're reasonably consistent rookies.

Top rookie for me is Matty Roberts - kid was a gun in juniors, has been around the squad, and hopefully just needs to put in a few games to make good money. It's a risk, but all rookies this week are a bit dodgey. Mulling Ned Long or Edwards, but the latter's price is putting me off.

I've so far avoided the carnage in the rucks, so healthy on trades, so wondering if I pull the trigger on Green to update to a proper premo.

INS: Matty "SubVest" Roberts, Touk Miller
OUTS: Oskar "Wildling" Baker, Tom Green

So long Baker - your 95 was a true north-of-the-wall performance.

BJe7SpMD_400x400.jpg

Serong 573k?
Yeah Serong is a good shout. Less history than Parish though and I haven't been watching him closely. Probably missed the boat on him as he's gone from $500k->$575k.

Though looking at his scores he seems to do better against the weaker sides, and Freo have a tough run coming up.

All this is moot for me however given with the Williams -> Roberts change I now can't afford anyone more than $557,600.

1682046042853.png

1682046064044.png
Phew!

Yeah Serong is a good shout. Less history than Parish though and I haven't been watching him closely. Probably missed the boat on him as he's gone from $500k->$575k.

Though looking at his scores he seems to do better against the weaker sides, and Freo have a tough run coming up.

All this is moot for me however given with the Williams -> Roberts change I now can't afford anyone more than $557,600.

View attachment 1666219

View attachment 1666220
Phew!
Parish a solid choice. I'm looking in a similar price range. Not sure who to get. Sinclair in defence is a option to.

Mackenzie -> Roberts
Baker -> Johnston
This banks me $330,600
View attachment 1666073
Might as well get rid of Caminiti now. Not guaranteed to be back in 3 weeks so dont keep him over someone playing. Move Phillipou or Mackenzie forward and still get Johnson or Roberts.

Will boost this week…. These trades will keep the cash gen ticking over and get a fallen premo upgrade in

Cole for Cincotta

Long for Matt Johnson

Johnson will be good cover for Green and should make a bit of cash too.

Third trade is a choice between bringing in a defender or forward, I could either go with

Cowan for Cogs (swinging Sheezel to DEF)

Or

Cowan for someone like a Cal Wilkie who has been a marking machine, but it would be risky.

Safer choice probably is Cogs.

Will boost this week…. These trades will keep the cash gen ticking over and get a fallen premo upgrade in

Cole for Cincotta

Long for Matt Johnson

Johnson will be good cover for Green and should make a bit of cash too.

Third trade is a choice between bringing in a defender or forward, I could either go with

Cowan for Cogs (swinging Sheezel to DEF)

Or

Cowan for someone like a Cal Wilkie who has been a marking machine, but it would be risky.

Safer choice probably is Cogs.

don't bring in a rookie before they even play game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back